1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IsLand Doll Discussion

Jan 14, 2011

1. @iamkathybrown - did you try reaching out to Granado to see if they will send you a sample piece of resin?? They might.

2. Just sent an email. Thanks for the advice.

3. Hi!

I hope someone can help me with some information. I am just in the middle of placing a Taobao order for some clothes and fun items for my dolls and while searching I came across an Island Doll at a good price (appears to be a temporary price). However, I am wary of the dreaded recasts and for that reason wonder if anyone here knows if Island Doll has an official taobao store (this is the link I'm checking 首页-★ISLANDDOLL★ 岛社BJD娃娃中国区总店-淘宝网) or not?

I would be most grateful for help on this matter since I would love to be able to get this particulr doll, but I don't want to purchase unless I know for sure I'm buying a legit doll

4. I've never bought from Taobao so I can't say 100% for sure, but I am pretty sure it is. When I was buying this Sparkle head and looking for more pictures, they had both company photos and photos I could not find anywhere else, yet that appeared to be a continuation of the same photoshoot as the the ones I knew for sure were company photos.

EDIT: Ah, I thought I remembered a link on their English site: http://www.islanddoll.com/article.php?id=3

Also, I emailed Granado, and they said they don't do samples. But they said that they would color match so maybe I don't need to be a VIP.

#264 iamkathybrown, Nov 11, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    5. Thank you so much for for the information! :) This was incredibly helpful!

6. I was a little hesitant about putting these pictures up. I'm not really a picture taker and I don't like to bombard people with stuff but I had to take her out of the box to check her eyelashes after I messed them up. I'm going to switch them out but want to wait until the Chinese New Year is over before I start creating more orders from Taobao. That's the first picture of her today.

This is Momoji or Momo as I call her. She is a Tan Skin Sweet Amy Sculpt. She has the most clothes out of all my dolls. It's a struggle to put clothes on her because I have Lupus and that affects my joints. Some days are good and I don't have a problem and some days it's hard to put on her shoes and clothes. Sometimes I just put her in something easier to finagle like what she has on now. It's from Amors called Mist Fairy and doesn't have too many parts. The second outfit is a Macaroon Outfit from M+V Studio. It was the most frustrating thing ever to put on this doll and I told her I was never putting it on her again. It's too bad because it's really cute. Those pictures are after this one.

[​IMG]

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/FairyPink/BJDs/IMG_00948624.jpg
      http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/FairyPink/BJDs/IMG_00938623.jpg

#267 fairylin, Jan 29, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
    7. Oh she's gorgeous! Ive never seen this sculpt in tan before :) Both outfits look great, but I like the Amors one a little better. She has a sweet-mori kind of look in it.

8. Thanks so much. :dance

I know! I was so scared getting her because I couldn't find any pictures online of this one in Tan. I took a leap of faith and it worked out perfectly. Now I have one other doll in tan and another coming from MYOU Doll.

9. Here's my Veranoen!:) He has such a presence about him.
      [​IMG]

10. Not sure what body I would like to get my Veranoen. I've been looking at several companies that do resin matching and I had my eye on Granado's Male Embody for him but worried he'll look pin-headed on such a muscular body. lol

11. @~carrot! - What about Granado's Lads body? Too skinny? I have one and I really like it. That head sculpt is great!
      I've heard Spiritdoll will do custom colours as well. Maybe a Proud body?

12. Veranoen will fit a 11.5cm neck. Those Lads and proud body neck sizes seem a little small.:sweat Thanks for the suggestions!

13. @~carrot! in your photo he looks like he'd be a close match to Granado bronze or Supia tan. Have you looked at the Supia boy body?

14. I think it's been asked before, but does anyone out there have a Jonas from the Wind line? I just came across him, and am enthralled with his unique face. I'd love to see some owner pics.

15. I finally have my Re put together to a point where I would like to share her. This is my half-alien space girl, Mercedes. She's on the Classy Doll 60cm body.

[​IMG]

16. Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and see if anyone has island doll wind yun xin? I would love to see more pics of him:XD:

17. So apparently Island has discontinued the Jane sculpt.:...(

18. Can anyone tell me which sculpt is being used to model the Native American Outfit?