1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IsLand Doll Discussion

Jan 14, 2011

1. Oh wow, I didn't even know about the Japanese resin options! It looks like Mint on Card does not offer it anyways, but I think I would try out the EV resin if I ordered an Island Doll. The thing about the translucence is it worries me that it may be quick to yellow, like French resin is. I agree, the translucence does look very lovely though. Thank you for the information!

2. I just discovered Jane today and think I might like to have Karl as well. Jane's profile is wonderful; it reminds me a little of CH St .Mina, but I actually like Jane better.

3. Ha! Karl's the other one I'm after! I might get him soon. I've been dithering. Jane is a lovely sculpt. I can't believe there aren't more of her around. I'll be very happy to see another one. :)

4. Thank you for that link. I just got Lilith and I love the translucent quality of the resin. She is my first doll so I can't really compare it to other dolls but I am amazed every time I touch her. I am saving to get Nolan next, I love the moody "lost boy" look of the sculpt.

5. I saw their little dolls and thought they were cute, but I somehow missed the big ones. Time to revise the wishlist. Just noticed that Mint-on-Card has a generous layaway plan. I think I will need a Christmas doll...or possibly two.

6. Island Dolls are lovely and wonderful quality. I love their resin. I don't know why the SD size hasn't seemed to have caught on- they are beautiful, well-made dolls. Here is my Trieste- I think I have pictures of her in the gallery somewhere but didn't have time to dig for them:

[​IMG]
      She is a Vivian.

7. Cirquemom - I remember those lovely photos of Trieste by the harbour. The Vivien sculpt is really lovely. I'm hoping to see more Island Dolls around the boards. I'll have to get my camera out and take more photos of my girl when I get the chance. Might get her a new outfit and wig first though!

8. Thank you! I tend to photograph my dolls in runs. Lately I've been shooting a lot of my Resin Soul Dai. Trieste had this photo shoot and a couple of other casual ones, then stuck in my doll carrier and kind of forgotten. I think it's time to take her out and get some shots of her-she is so lovely, and that skin is wonderful to photograph.
      I hope you take more pictures of your doll too and that other people will start posting too!

I've noticed there seem to be two kinds of doll collectors. One kind seems to want the dolls everyone else has, and the other kind wants the more unusual sculpt. I definitely fit into the second category, even though do have a number of the more popular dolls, I tend to find myself focusing more on the ones not that many people own.

9. I recently wanted an "instant gratification" doll and Mint On Card had a pink skin Vivian in stock. I'd been admiring this sculpt for awhile because of her wonderful aquiline nose. I also like her slightly open mouth. She reminds me of CH St. Mina. I didn't realize that the resin had a translucent quality until I got her, but it is quite lovely. The wig she came with--long wavy brown hair--suited her, but I didn't care for the orange-ish eyes so I switched them to a darker color.
      [​IMG]
      Mira by bentwhisker, on Flickr

10. Thank you for posting those- I like the brown with the best, and I put brown eyes in mine too. She just seemed to demand them. Such a wonderful, expressive sculpt and I love the resin. It almost reminds me of those antique dolls that were a had of wax over the porcelain or whatever they were made of.
      Well...that's it, I need to get Trieste out and let it be her turn for a while!

11. I have 2 Sd island girls. A Vivian and a Amber. I love the islandoll bodies. Both my girls stand like a rock. I want to get Jane next. So I love to see pictures of Jane.

This is my Annabeth (islandoll Vivian)

[​IMG]

and this is my Rachel (islandoll Amber default face up)

[​IMG]

12. Thanks for posting those pictures! The Island doll SDs are so underrated and underappreciated. They are beautiful dolls and pose just great. Really lovely sculpts.

13. Thanks ciquemom.

I got my Vivian from Featherfall and my Amber from Lexour Academy .

14. Jane is a lovely doll.

15. It's funny, but it seems like I am always drawn to the more unusual dolls. But then I get annoyed because I can't find other owner pictures. Your Miranda is really pretty!

16. I agree your Miranda is very beautiful and thank you for posting the links of her. Is nice to see the dolls from the owners. All the islandoll stores show the same picture.

I thought I'd share a couple of links to pictures I did of my girls.

Annabeth (ID Vivian )(this is her is a wedding dress I made her.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?468814-Wedding-Album-(IslandDoll-Vivian-)

Rachel (ID Amber) Fall settings. I just got her on Oct 2nd.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?478219-My-Fallen-Angel-(Islandoll-Amber)

17. Both of your dolls are really pretty. Your blue-eyed blonde Vivian looks like my daughter!

18. Oh wow really kool. That's my Annabeth.:D

19. Miranda had some photos taken today.

Edit: Gallery link no longer works.