1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IsLand Doll Discussion

Jan 14, 2011

1. [​IMG]
      This is my Island Doll Jane. She is called Tabitha ^^
      She now has long pink hair but I don't have a photo to show you all.

2. She's beautiful! Great to see another Island Doll Jane! I cannot believe there are so few of them around!

3. I think lots of people would rather have ore stylized dolls so the realistic proportions of Jane's face might put them off.
      I really need to try experimenting with her more because I still haven't settled on a look for her yet.

4. Wau, I love yours Jane dolls :-)
      My friend wanted to order from Island doll, but didnt get any response from them. How was your comunication with them? We did send them to emails but nothing :-( Its already more than month.

5. Gorgeous Jane! I just love her face. I hope to bring one home later this year and maybe Karl too.

6. Edwardsgoldeneyes- if you haven't gotten a response, did you try again? Sometimes emails get lost. I hope there is nothing amiss with the company, they make such lovely dolls.

7. edwardsgoldeneyes - I ordered through Mint On Card Inc. and there were no issues at all. I didn't contact the company directly so I can't be of help in regards to the communication issues and I ordered her many months ago now so even if I had contacted I wouldn't be able to comment on their current situation.

8. linakauno -Karl looks like a beautiful doll. He is my favourite of the Island Doll boys though I haven't seen any owner pictures yet. If I were to buy another male doll I think he would be the one I'd buy.

9. Thanx for your responses.
      And yes we tried to contacted dehem again even from different email :-(

10. hi everyone, i really like the new dolls released by island dolls but the last island doll i saw - she was a msd i think she was called amy - was in white skin that was really see through and i found that a little off putting. can any of you tell me when the resin ages does it age like french resin and go nice and creamy? or does it stay the same? also is it more see through on their white skin tones than other skin tones they offer? i own a limhwa half elf who is made from french resin, she is an older doll i love the way her resin has mellowed and creamed and im hoping it will be the same with island dolls resins!
      any information is greatly recieved as i do really love their sculpts im just worried about their resin not mellowing.

11. My Island Doll NS Demian head on IOS body, the color resin and proportion, perfect match!

[​IMG]

12. wow looks a fantasic match!

13. Wonderful Miranda in blue. Love her!:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

14. I've bought my Island girl via an UK dealer with no issues at all and she actually said that the lady at Island is very nice and communication is great. Maybe you'll have better luck going through a dealer?

15. Can't really tell since my girl is pretty new. Her skintone is Island and the resin is what they call 'environmental resin' which I presume is the same as French resin but not really sure.
      I don't find her translucent and the skintone is pretty pale, especially after coating with MSC. But I've seen owner pictures of dolls on the 'snow white' skintone and that one is pretty translucent - facial features look quite blurry.

16. Okay, so! I'm really wanting to get an Island Doll Amber. I think she's absolutely adorable. My friend and I are trying to figure out some things about them, since they're a fairly unknown company.
      My big question is: Can the Island Doll girls wear the normal SD13 size clothing? My sewing talents are nil so I don't want her to be naked as I attempt to make something.

17. They are pretty average sized so I would think normal clothes would fit. They are such beautiful dolls- that environmental resin isn't transparent, it just has some depth to it so it looks alive. The only thing I can compare it to is if you have ever been to a wax museum and seen those figures and how real the skin looks. It's kind of like that.

18. You can buy them in regular urethane resin also. When I finally get around to buying my Jane (this year, I hope), I'm buying her in urethane resin so she will match the rest of my dolls.