1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IsLand Doll Discussion

Jan 14, 2011

1. I'm looking for my first SD girl and found a good one from Island Doll. My question is how good these dolls are posing? My girl would be a geisha so knee sitting is important for me. How good they are going on their kneels? If someone would show me a photo I would be so happy! :)

2. I am interested too...I have an Ada fullset on layaway and there is very little info on these dolls! :)

3. Hello,
      I'm looking for a Wallace Tan skin and I'm not sure if I will love this color. Someone have a Wallace in Tan? The tan looks more chocolate or dark grey? I need to see more pictures of yours tanning Island dolls. :)

4. Does anyone near the US sell Island Dolls besides Mint-on-Card? They're moving and will be closed for a little while.

EDIT: I tried to order directly from Island Dolls, but don't see any way to tell them which kind and color of resin I want. I definitely do not want the environmental French-type resin, but only want regular urethane resin. Has anyone else ordered from them directly? I'm always a little leery of ordering directly when the website isn't specific because I'm not sure how well they understand English. I know I've used Babelfish to translate Chinese and it is almost incomprehensible.

5. I think JunkySpot also carries Island Dolls...? You could try them. :)

6. I ended up ordering from Mint-on-Card. They are open until Thursday and then will be closed until around the end of August. I ordered Jane, blank with normal skin. I love Jane and have wanted her for ages. I probably won't have her in hand for a few months, but will be happy to see her whenever she decides to get here. October, maybe.

7. No one has a picture of knee sitting? :(

My next question is: What kind of resin Island Doll uses? French resin or the harder one? I remember that they used both some time ago, but cant find the harder resin colors on their web site anymore. So if someone knows anything let me know! :)

8. Hi, the structure of the SD body is pretty much the same as the MSD 45cm body, you can check my post from yesterday to have an overview of poseability. Sitting on their knees should be no problem at all.

9. Aarghh! I cancelled my order with Mint-on-Card because they couldn't guarantee that my doll would be made of regular urethane. They said that they order environmental resin by default and they weren't sure that Island Dolls would understand that my order would be different. I don't think I've ever had so much trouble ordering a blank normal skin doll. Just emailed JPop dolls to see if they can order one for me.

10. Why don't you contact Island doll? They're very nice to talk to!

11. I emailed them and also contacted them on their Q&A board, but haven't had a reply.

12. Does anyone have owner pics of Louis? I'm at a loss, I cant fathom that in the whole world of DoA no one has him, he's such a gorgeous sculpt. o-o

13. I'm with ReijinBeauty. I would love to see some owner pics of a Louis. I am planning on saving up for him and I'd like to see what he is like outside the company pics.

14. [​IMG][/URL] IMG_6540 by pam_pam_kitten, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is my Island Doll, Amy in SD size. Her name is Clara.

Posing wise I think I need to suede her, she's not bad, she can stand up etc but she's a little floppy and I think hot glue sueding would fix her up nicely.

All I know is she has environmental resin and it's got a lovely translucent quality to it. I've only had her a few weeks so can't comment on yellowing.

15. Huh, they have a dark tan option now? I had no idea!

16. I just saw the line yesterday and am now really curious about what the dark tan looks like. I'm really loving Odin and how detailed his body is...time to add another doll to the wish list:D

17. Odin is interesting, especially blank. His blank face doesn't really have that scowl which seems to be painted on. I'm interested to see if they bring out any females in that range.

18. I can't believe how unknown/unpopular IslandDoll is around here. :(