1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Doll Tinies

Sep 23, 2009

1. PsychaDurmont - Awesome! That's exactly what I was hoping to see!

That's really cool. I'm very impressed. :)

2. Does anyone know which is closer to Fairyland NS: Island or Normal resin? (I realize the environmental resin has different properties even if the color is close.) Basically I'm just interested to know if Normal is more yellow than FL NS? Or is Island too pink for FL NS? Thanks!

3. Here's my Cookie head and Island Doll hands on a 5star body. Cookie is milk white, 5star is their only white skin option (I believe, I got the body second hand.) I wanted my girl to be tall, so I went with a larger body.

[​IMG]

4. Since my Cookie is white skin as well, I'm afraid I can't help you. You could try a search on google or DoA for resin matches.

5. Hi, guys . I accidentally posted about my Kevin (girl) in the Angell-Studio discussion. Darn dyslexia!!

Anyway. I am very sleepy today, so I don't have an awful lot to say right now, other than -- I am very happy to announce that I've ordered a tan-skin girl-bodied Kevin.

I'm going to be doing my own face-up so that I can make Kevin have a more feminine, gentle expression. I am so very happy to finally own a tan doll ... I've wanted a tan-skinned doll for ever, really!!

I'm also excited to be doing my very first face-up on my girl. How wonderful that Island Doll can offer a head on a different body.... I got my beautiful girl from Mint On Card, inc, and after assuring me that they can definitely get her head on a girl's body, I was hooked -- Kevin is obviously a little boy's name!!

Her clothes are waiting here for her, and so is Muggle, my Littlefee Bisou, whom loves the new lady so much already.

Did you know; I was researching the body similarities and I've found that Yo-SD and Littlefee sized shirts and dresses will fit these dolls. If any of you buy clothes from Etsy, like I do, almost all of the sellers that sell YoSD sized stuff have the body-size and proportions that'll fit this doll. I examined the measurements' table and there's only a hair difference in size and height!!

Anyway. I hope I can add to the collective greatness that is Island Doll. I'm so happy to see everyone's Spam, and I'm eagerly awaiting my dolly's arrival so that I can share pictures, too! :aheartbea

6. I have both a LTF girl and an ID girl....just wanted to point out that the ID is a little bigger around the torso....I can get them to wear the same things but its a bit snugger on the ID. ^_^

7. I have noticed that the ID has quite a cute, pudgy tummy!! I LOVE that so much, actually!! It's so adorable. It really adds to the adolescent charm that YoSD's are so notoriously known for.

Thanks for the information about the little pudge. That's great news!! I'm glad to know this. I don't see too much of an issue with the clothes I have now, since they're all handmade, but everything informative helps.

Hey, I've heard that the wait time is around 3-5 months tops for the Island Dolls. Is that true?! You can't be serious, right?? That's soooo short! I can hardly believe it, but I hope it may be true. I'm just amazed....blown away even.

Either way, the wait definitely makes me want my little chickadee more. It's the "absence making the heart grow fonder" thing, you know ;-)

8. I didn't order my two ID tiny's through the company, one was bought at a convention, the other was an instock doll that Featherfall had, but I did order a new MSD sized doll for a friend of mine through Featherfall and she only took about a month. I think three to five months is probably an exageration. Though I've heard that the rainy season over there are messing with a lot of doll production so it could take a bit longer. My friend doll was ordered back in January.

9. Since my little cute thing's a tan-resin doll, I fully expect to be waiting a while, but gosh; I seriously thought the wait would be longer than 5 months, regardless.

Either way, guys; she's my first non-fairyland BJD and I'm almost head-over-heels with happiness~~~

10. My tan Kevin just arrived today, and I wanted to share how pleased I am with the colour - I was a little worried that it would be one of those pale tans (or else too orange) but he's not! Plus: cuteness!

[​IMG]

11. just found out about this doll, I'm surfing the thread - how is the quality do you think ?
      And how is the posing ?

12. Has anyone else gotten one of these cuties...especially in tan?

PS that Kevin is awesome...think Kevin would make a nice girl?

13. I don't know about Kevin, but I've had Cookie for over a year now and I still love her to bits. She was my first doll so at the time I didn't have anything to compare her with, but I have a whole family now and Cookie is still my favourite. The posing is excellent, she's really flexible and the quality is great, especially since IslandDoll is one of the less expensive companies. I'm actually considering to buy a second Cookie for a different character!

14. I've come back from my month-long hibernation, guys... insomnia, work changes...kitty cats waking me up from my rest....

Despite my absence from the forums, I've managed to wake for just long enough to spread the good news!

Naomi (my Kevin girl,) is on her way to Mint On Card and then she's coming home to me... yaaay~~~

@@@Hervoyel; your Kevin is GORGEOUS! I was worried about the tan resin a bit, too; I can deal with a bit of marbling, but, your little guy is just PERFECT. What a beautiful color! It's VERY true to ID's official photos, isn't it? :D Thank you for posting the picture; he's great, and so well dressed ( > w < )

15. Oh!!

@@@ReineDeLaSeine14 -- I have been having sleeping issues for a long while now, so I didn't see your post...I'm sorry.

I heard these dolls are REALLY nice as far as the resin goes, and the resin itself is pretty good quality. I will let you know about my Kevin once she gets here.

My little Kevin has a girl's body and I'm getting her a custom face-up so she could be a girl. Personally, I feel like Kevin's face is super androgynous. I think my Naomi (Kevin as a girl,) is going to work really well as a lady. Once her face is finished & I get her back from the commissioner, I will link you guys to a post I'll make of her new look.

At any rate, Naomi should be coming home within the next 2 weeks! ^____^

16. I've had my Cookie (Rory) since May. She was my first doll at that point and she drove me crazy. Her hip swivel joints regularily fling themselves about and one of her knees doesn't fit together.
      Besides that I love her.
      Her posing gets better the closer to sea-level she is. Though she stands like a rock her arms also do whatever they want. (I suspect restringing her will fix this)
      Her resin is thick, she's heavier than my Sooms. And inside her legs is narrow (difficult to restring.)
      I'm mixed about her, but I would never reshell her into a different company.

17. I can't get over how much I love the tan! How long does it take for these dolls to arrive?

18. I ordered Rory on March 15 and got her on May 10th. And that seems to be the general wait time for everybody in the Island Doll waiting room thread.

19. I've found that my Kevin poses quite well (and holds a pose very solidly) - the resin quality is better than I expected: he's a little smoother than I'd normally like, but he has a very even colour and a good weight to him, so I can't complain at all. Overall I'm very impressed with him!

He has a very toddler/preschool type face, so I think he would - those baby faces are so gender neutral that he'd be sure to make a very pretty girl.

Thank you! :) He's really a fun little doll.

20. Hello, guys. After the usual month-and-a-half wait for my Island Doll, I can happily announce that she is home with me now. (I purchased my tan skin Kevin (girl) from Mint On Card, Inc.)

A few of you were wondering how Kevin would look as a girl. I have photos to share with you!
      [​IMG]
      Little Miss Naomi No-face. by savage&#9794;, on Flickr

I've used a larger version of this photo so you can see the details better. I have 1 other photo of my girl Kevin in my Flickr album, Naomi, as well as in my Photostream. I'll update it more and more -- she'll be getting her face done soon. So check back if you'd like to see her progress. :)

As for Kevin's passing as a girl; I must say, Kevin's face is very beautiful, and could easily pass as girl <i>or</i> boy with the right make-up. Naomi doesn't have her face just yet, but the sculpt itself is very androgynous. I think she/he has a very versatile sculpt. Naomi is really so beautiful; she has a slightly Hispanic feeling to her. It's wonderful. I love her.

I am so, so, so, so in love with this doll. She poses much more like a human than my other 4 dolls, (Fairyland & Bobobie,) I mean, she is so fluid. She holds her weight perfectly, and oh my gosh, she is sooo light! My Littlefee is SO HEAVY to hold in my hands. I like it, but I thought that Island Dolls would be heavy too! Being the same size, and all. Well... almost ;-)

She's quite a bit taller than my Littlefee -- I'd say Naomi's more like a Lati Green in height. I was really happy about this, because I was under the impression they'd be the exact same height. Once I have all of my dolls home, I'll post photos to show -- but I wanted my girls to have some height difference, so this was another wonderful surprise for me!

I'm really very impressed over all with Island Doll. They have consistent wait times, short wait times, and they helped me change my doll's gender with no issue. She was perfectly packed in her box, and the doll itself is just gorgeous.

My Naomi's tan skin is just ever so slightly orangish, but it's not horrendous, and I don't see it as an unnatural color - sometimes the "orangish" tan dolls look very inhuman. My Kevin does not look inhuman or unnatural.

I will try to get some sun-lit shots in soon. I am not awake during the daytime much anymore due to my sleeping disorder, to bear with me! :sweat