1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. Hmm, I don't think Iplehouse and Island Doll are related in any way. Even though they have similar sculpts, but I'm not 100% sure though.

2. Island Doll is a Chinese company, and Iplehouse is a Korean company, so the chances of them having any relation is incredibly unlikely.

I think the similarities in the sculpt are merely coincidental, there are some subtle differences in the eye and mouth shapes that I can see.

3. hi, no they are not related in any way, additionally, the resin is very different. On the sculpts, not really similar. I know it is very difficult from photos to see what a doll really looks like, but Amy Island Doll is a very slim MSD, closer to Nara in slimness.

4. Thanks for this; I tended to prefer the Iplehouse, but I think I'm going to trawl the galleries... Grael, may I ask how the resin differs? Thanks!

5. I'm still fairly new to BJDs and I recently ordered a Wallis Island doll. She looks like she's fairly slim and has somewhat of a large bust. Before I go making too many clothes for her, does any one know how well standard MSD sizes would fit?

6. Luxour list her eyes as being 14mm, so I think that's what I'll be going for, though I think you can use 16mm too if you want a larger iris (though I'm a total newb, so it might not be wise to listen to me :P)

But yeah, it's super exciting! I'm also going for a 6/7 wig.

I'm not sure exactly what qualifies as a slim mini, she's around 1/4 size, so I thought she was a mini... But I'm not sure how to place the mature body :P A friend of me takes the height as their age, but with a figure like Wallis' I sort of doubt you can do that :P
      Maybe some metallic fabric and tight bodysuits with armor stuff on. And a helmet.

I've made a waiting room thread for Island Dolls btw, though it's pretty empty right now ^^

Do you have names and hair/eyes and character and stuff ready?
      I'm still working on my sci-fi idea, and I think her standard gear could fit that ok... Then I'll have to make some myself I think... There's too few sci-fi dolls around :P

7. I'm going to buy my first doll. I think about Amy. I know that she is a little bit smaller than other MSD dolls. What companies clothes fits her (dollzone, angell studio is the easest to buy for me) ?

8. Well, I thought I'd led my 2 cents here since I have an Island Doll Amy (not keeping her, but I can still help!). Generally, she is a slim, mature mini. I know IS's new girl has slightly different measurements, but I think they're close enough that they'd both be considered that. Clothing that's designed for Unoa's and such generally work, but stuff made for regular MSD's tend tends to be a bit big, so its a little hit or miss as far as what fits. Shoes are the same way since she has smaller than normal feet for her size. Also, 6-7 wigs can fit, but some might be alittle tight. If you know a brand runs small I'd say go the next size up.

9. I think Wallis is a bit bigger than Amy, something like Amy being 43 cm and Wallis being 45, so their fit might be slightly different, though I doubt it's very much.
      I've been looking at 7-8 wigs for my Wallis, but it might be too big... I guess I'll see once I get her.

10. I heard some people who got the fullset Amy found her wig to be too big (it was a 7/8), but then again, I got her a 6/7 monique and its a pain to keep on her head because its so tight. Guess it just depends on the make of the wig?

11. My beautiful girl came in and she definitly wears a 6/7 in Monique Gold~
      She came with lovely gray eyes that I find rather large. They appear to be 16s and she should probably take 14s, right now she's wearing her old silicone eyes and I believe they are 13 and they are juuuuust a touch too small at the corners.
      I'm out of dolly funds at the moment but once I get some I'll get grabbing her some eyes and possibly my other MSD too.

Edit: Answering my own question. She towers over my Ringdoll Kyo (Erath)! She's almost an inch taller than him, I love it!
      Also~ Pic Spam!
      [​IMG]

12. I am getting an Island Doll Amy msd doll and am shopping for a wig for her. My problem is her head measures 17.5 cm or 6 7/8 inches. I'm not sure on the wig size to get her, a 6/7 or 7/8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I put this in the right place, if not, sorry mods.:doh

13. I briefly owned an Island Doll Amy. She swam in the 7-8" wigs I owned.

She fit perfectly in a 6-7" JPop wig, though. If you decide to buy 6-7", I recommend trying to find one that stretches (like JPop, Monique, etc).

I hope this helps! Congrats on your incoming girl!

14. Any chance of any Island Doll Wallace owners putting up pics? I'm dying to see how cute he is in person ^_^

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to switch Amy's head onto Wallis' body?

...and Wallis' head onto Wallace's body? (She looks more like a boy sculpt to me...what can I say :))

15. Speaking of Wallis~
      Random Del spam anyone?
      Don't mind if I do!
      [​IMG]

16. Hello!! I just wanted to say that there is now a Island Doll wiki! If you guys want to update any information about it, go right ahead! X3 I hope I got everything correct~

I own a ID Emily and when I was looking through all the companies that sold ID, I fell in love with the MSD size~ I hope to get a girl eventually!

17. As far as clothes go, I did a bit of research and I found that Ellowyne Wilde measurements were extremely close to ID Amy's (41cm) and fairly close to ID Wallace's (46cm) measurements. As such, I've been sewing up a storm using patterns from MHD Designs to get my dolls dressed for when they arrive (I've got both Amy and Wallace coming!) I will post pics when they arrive so that you all can see the fit. I'm certain that they will work well, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to do some fitting alterations too. I think that they will work on the bustier Wallis, Ivy, and Aggie (45cm) too, but I'll have to wait until I order Ivy to know for sure.

18. There are Island Dolls at Junkyspot too. Could you update that? I'm not sure how to. http://junkyspot.com/obindex.html