1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. Aralyn, that is a lovely picture! I need to get round to actually doing something with my Amy and Lilith...
      But here is an oldish one of Katie (amy) from September

[​IMG]

2. she looks lovely in that sweater Kerantli ^_^

meanwhile I've still done nothing with Hayley (Hejin) except change her eyes - these are too big but I the only brown eyes I had going spare. Still a challenge to dress her with those gigantic hips! 1/3 leggings from Alices fit her perfectly, but I'd only recommend white as the black ones I tried on her (washed twice already) stained her after just 20 minutes! Bottoms are no problem but her top half is problematic as it's too small for 1/3 clothes and too big for 1/4 size. So she's wearing a 1/3 dress from Alices as a nightie in this photo, which looks cute I think ^_^

[​IMG]island-doll hejin by Resin Rehab, on Flickr

3. Yours girls are really cutes!

I have a problem, I want to buy Wallace on Alice Collection but the color skin choice are too limited, they propose only in normal or white. Do you have buy your doll in other color on Alice collection? I prefer this site for the free shipping fee. :)

4. Chibi_Lapinou I have just checked Island's website and they offer Wallace in many colours including blue! I think if you contact Alices Collection they will order whichever colour you like - Alices are very helpful company. Alternatively Angelesque in the UK may be better if you are in France as there will be no customs fees to pay ^_^

[​IMG]island doll hejin by elve, on Flickr

#404 elve, Jan 10, 2015
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    5. Thanks for your message Elve, I have contacted AC and yes, It's possible to get any color choice! I'm really impatient to get my boy soon!

The pink is great for Hayley, she's cute and the size of her eyes is more better, but it's my opinion. :)

6. thank you Chibi_Lapinou ^_^

I've now found the perfect wig for my girl - although she still has no faceup, I feel we are making progress slowly!

#406 elve, Jan 26, 2015
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    7. Such a quiet thread. Here, have some Nayeli. Her wigcap finally came so she has hair again.

[​IMG]Water by Aarilyna, on Flickr

8. I love her dress, Aarilyn. Did you make it or where did you get it? My Faye has been asking for new clothes, lol.

9. I got it from mybayer2008 on ebay. She(?) has a store on there called Pink Fantasy, it's nothing but bjd related items. I order from them a lot and I've never had an issue with them.

10. Thanks! I've ordered from that seller before myself. :)

11. No problem!

12. If you want to put it on an Amy, I had to take mine in at the sides to get it snug. It's a little big for them in the waist.

13. My Lilith arrived! I love her skintone, and the fact that they sent me green eyes is just the icing on the cake. :love

[​IMG]

14. *quiet thread is quiet* I did my first full faceup on my Amy this past weekend. (Sorry for the quad post, but I wanted to share.)

[​IMG]

15. Looks Great!

16. I received my Lilith a couple of weeks ago. Here is her picture. I have decided to name her Stacie. [​IMG]

17. Oooo. Congrats on getting her. She's very pretty :3

18. Anyone know how "sunburned skin" compares to "Island Skin"/any other company's NS?

19. I'd be curious about this too!

20. The lack of Hejin on the internet saddens me </3
      But I am so glad to find some Hejin lovers here! I've been admiring the sculpt for months in hopes that Islanddoll might do a sale/event to drop the price just a little but so far none. I'm so tempted to just order him/put him (I plan on making Hejin a male so forgive me if the male pronouns confusing;;) on layaway now. I am so eager to shell him into my character, the adorably chubby body is perfect for my oc /w\

If you guys have any photos of Hejin you want to spam to someone than please feel free to spam me :D I love seeing the sculpt, no matter what resin color ( I'm going to get white when I order) !