1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. @Fa3lyn I've gotten a couple tops from MonstroDesigns on Etsy to fit Lecia (pictured) and Guppykisses would be another good place to look for that style, but I don't have any of their clothing to try on. I also know for a fact that Angell-Studio's MSD clothing will fit her.
      [​IMG]

2. It seems no one has been here lately - I hope it's okay to "revive" the thread! I'm planning to buy an Islanddoll Amy as my first doll very soon. She is one of the first dolls I ever really wanted. I love how her teeth show; that's probably my favorite part. I like her body, as well. What's everyone else's favorite feature on their favorite Islanddoll doll?

3. My Islanddoll Shukaku was my first BJD and I loved that he was MSD size, yet had a mature body and a semi-mature face. Back than, that was a rarity, yet MSD was the size I had decided on, so...
      He also fit my OC that I wanted to shell rather well, so...

I also rather like Amy and if inspiration ever hits me or she fits one of my planned characters, I'm SO adding her to my collection XD

4. @Snowy Shukaku is an excellent MSD sculpt. I've never really given him the consideration he deserves but I just looked at him again to refresh my memory and he is quite lovely. I would love to see him tanned. As for Amy, she struck me from the moment I first saw her a few years ago. I never had a character for her until recently but I always knew I wanted her.

5. @Formaldehyde Island Doll in general is less popular than I expected to be honest. If you look at the blank faces additionally to their sets, they have a lot of gorgeous sculpts. - And even variation in the body shapes for both boy and girl. Or at least different sizes in case of the girls.

I believe there actually was a tan Shukaku around on ebay, but he seems to have found a new home already.

Which version of Amy? ;)

6. @Snowy I keep forgetting there's several Amys! I've got my eye on the MSD Maid Amy. I love her outfit. Do you know if there's any difference in sculpt compared the New Amy? I can't tell if her eyes are wider or if that's just the eyes and faceup they used in the promo photos.

7. @Formaldehyde Haha, the maid Version pulls a lot of people in, because the difference in face-up shows the sculpt in an entierly new light.

I believe it’s the same head, as in the heads section there is no new entry. It’s simply a different/new style.
      Similar how Shukaku went from rockstar/sword fighter look to Samurai style (I like his original face-up better thought. Or maybe it was the short wig, but I feel his original looks empathize his maschline looks more).

Maid Amy simply has ghus light, dreamy and pure look. Rather charming.
      The dreamy quality she always head in the many different versions, but again this style is entirely differen :)

8. @Snowy Thank you for clarifying, I really appreciate it! It's amazing to see how different features stand out depending on the faceup. And hair length can really make a difference, too.

9. Helloo everyone! It has been a while since i last posted anything here, so i’m not sure if i am posting this in the right forum :b pleas let me know if i’m not and how to fix it, cause honestly, this site is kind of confusing to me :b
      Anyways, I have some questions about Island Doll...
      I have always been an IslandDoll fan, heck, all my dolls are IslandDoll, including my very first doll, French maid Amy, (whom just got adopted from me btw u_u) but there was a time when although i had my dolls with me, i kind of left the hobby for about 4-5 years, not keeping up with news or new products, because of this i have one big question mark on my forehead when it comes to Amy...
      Here’s a little history.
      Like i said my first doll ever was French maid Amy, and i knew there were different Amys, Royal Amy, 1/3 Amy and Sweet Amy.
      The one i liked the most was French maid, so that was the one i got.
      Time passed, about a year or 2, and i decided to check back in on the hobby, for some reason i wanted to know what islandDoll was up too, just out of mild curiosity, and i saw they had 2 new Amys (at least new to me) Forest Amy and one i can only find under the name “New Amy”, i liked New Amy a LOT, but i had no money or enough interest to buy it on the spot, so i went into another small hiatus.
      And now that i’ve been back for about a year, i recently could not relate to my Amy any more, i changed her face-up twice in that year, i liked both face-ups i did, mind you i’m no professional lol, i then changed her to a bug bust Island Body and i still could not connect with her like i used to, she just seemed too... sad... and i wanted something a little more cheerful, a slight smile, so I remember Island Doll had the “new amy” and that she had a tiny smile, so i went looking for her and tho i found great pictures, she was gone from the official site, and from any Island Doll officially dealers page... and now i am having such a hard time finding her! It’s like she never existed!
      Anyways my question is...
      Does anyone know what happened?? Did something happened with the “New Amy” mold? Was it maybe a “Special Edition”? Was it announced but never released? Was she not popular enough? Maybe too popular?
      I’ll try to post the promotional picture of “New Amy” here but i always have problems posting pics.
      [​IMG]
      https://pin.it/xd27nt6z75njpf

10. Thanks for the link, I appreciate it :) but i have already seen it, i’m just worried that if i order it, i’ll end-up getting the original Amy mold, instead of the one shown in the picture, i just don’t trust Alice’s collection because the skin tone options are not the ones from Island Doll, there’s no face-up option or a “full-set” option, and i feel the description is so generic that it is not giving me any information on that particular doll, but again thank you for responding I do appreciate that you took the time :)

11. If it helps any I know from my experience AC has always been very helpful with answering questions and I've never heard of them sending out a different doll then the one pictured. It's possible that the full-set was for a limited time but the sculpt isn't limited which would explain why there is no full-set option. Either way I hope you are able to find a way to bring your girl home.

12. This does help! Thanks! I’ll message AC right now :) Thank you for the good wishes n-n

13. Oh wow, this definitely helps, thank you!

14. Hi, I hope it's okay to ask here, but I was wondering if anyone with a Hejin could tell me about the body? I've heard that the engineering isn't the best, but I've not seen that elaborated on. I guess I'm curious if those who own them have any issues? I'm thinking about getting one in Sunburn skin to be Steven from Steven Universe. Thank you in advance for any help!

15. Hi, does anyone own an Alice? I'm in love with her body but I haven't seen anyone who have her.

16. I have a similar question to Monochrome above! I really want the Hejin body but single jointed limbs are a killer for me and I would hate for it to arrive with single jointed legs. :sigh

It looks like it should have a floating knee peanut in there, but I haven't ever seen anyone confirm or deny...

17. [​IMG]
      Did I need 3 Liliths? Yeah I totally needed 3 Liliths! I brought home my original Lilith so now (from left to right) we have Arianna, Eden, and Eva.

18. Although these are old posts I did used to have a Hejin a few years ago. I am fairly sure her legs were single jointed, but I actually prefer single joint legs as it makes the doll more stable when standing. She was indeed very clunky and not great for posing but she was also very cute and the resin was lovely quality (they may have changed their resin now though I have no idea). I bought her through Alice's Collections. She wore SD size shorts with a YOSD halter neck dress as a top. This is about the most poseable she got:

[​IMG]clunky! (sold!) by elve, on Flickr