1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. Yay! I guess I can sort of join this thread now! I just ordered a tan Lilith from Mint on Card. :) I can't tell from the pictures, but does Island doll use French resin? The dolls all seem to have a nice glow to them. :D Also if anyone has an Island Doll in tan, I'd love to see!

2. I used to own an Amy, and they use environmental resin, which looks like French but its not supposed to yellow as quickly. One of my boys is made from the same stuff and its really pretty!

3. Well, Ellen (Island Doll Amy) arrived today and she's just lovely!

As promised, here is a photo of her in some of the clothes I made for her based on Ellowyne Wilde Patterns from MHD Designs:

[​IMG]
      Ellen in Clothes I handmade by Bright*Phoebe, on Flickr

There are lots of details about the clothes and the fit if you follow through to flickr. I'm too tired right now to post details here, sorry. :sweat

4. Thank you so much! Some of the pants turned out a bit loose, but I think if I just went slightly over the 1/4" seam allowance, they would fit perfectly. I may try to take them in a little, but they may fit my incoming Wallace perfectly, so I'm going to wait before I do any alterations. The length on them is fantastic though. The honeysuckle colored coat is a good fit, as it's meant to be a bit big, and the hat is a perfect fit over the wig.

5. My handsome Thomas ( Island Doll Wallace ) arrived yesterday from Luxour Academy, and I wanted to show you guys what he looks like up close (if anyone is considering getting one). ;) I asked for the SD Eric faceup for him, and I'm quite pleased. He looks a bit less rakish than the default Wallace faceup (which is also very attractive in my opionion), and more natural.

Here is a photo of him in some of the clothes I made for him. These are also based on Ellowyne Wilde Patterns from MHD Designs. In fact, the coat is a short version of the honeysuckle pink one I've got on Ellen in the above photo. The long and short (literally), is the pants are too short and a bit tight around the hips. The turtleneck bodysuit fits good across the shoulders, but is too short in length. The coat and hat fit like a dream. I think if I add a couple or a few cm to the bodysuit and the length of the pants that they would both fit really well. If I skimp a bit on the seam allowance for the pants, they would fit perfectly around his hips.

[​IMG]
      Thomas in Clothes I handmade by Bright*Phoebe, on Flickr

6. Hello ! I have recently seen "Cristal" (an elf :) ) on the Island Dolls website. Is there a new sculpt ? She looks very cute.
      I will own soon a MNF Chloé, but I also like the posability of island dolls models.

Does the body color of Island Dolls match with Fairy Land normal skin ? Island Doll skin or normal skin or ... ????
      I am looking for a body for a MNF head in normal skin and it would be super if it can fits ...

7. So I got my girl last night (Tan Lilith)...I'm having mixed feelings. :( I mean, her sculpt is gorgeous and the resin is so nice I don't want to put her down...but the sculpt has teeth (which I like)...but they are painted like...eeeeeew! The teeth are white, but the spaces in between are reddish! She looks like she has zombie teeth and I'm terrified of zombies! Lol yeah I know it sounds childish, but....eeeeeeeew! I'm really freaked out by them! I'm going to have to send her to a faceup artist (or try to paint over the teeth myself). I actually really like her faceup...except the teeth. She looks like a hot Brazilian model...with zombie teeth!:...(

I really don't want to sell her...she's GORGEOUS! I'll have to post pics as soon as I get home if I have some sunlight!

8. Here is Lilith!
      [​IMG]
      Yes I decided to keep the sculpt name after I looked up the meaning: "of the night" and that was just what I was looking for! :)
      The name's origin is Arabic so her ethnicity is going to be Egyptian. It was apparently the name of a demon in ancient Assyrian myths. >_<

9. Lilith with 14mm eyes and natural lighting (the eyes gap a little so either have white eye putty handy or get 16mm small iris for this look).
      [​IMG]
      This is much closer to how the tan resin looks in person. :) Very very pretty and photographs really well! :D

10. Lol no problem! I think she poses really well actually! :D If I have time this weekend, I'll try to take some more pictures but I doubt it'll be much different from the websites...she poses wonderfully IMO! :) The resin is also very nice, it's smooth and had a decent weight to it. The tan (the only ID resin I've seen in person) photographs really nicely in natural light, but looks very yellow in artificial light (probably because the artificial light is yellow and the resin is translucent). I really like the sculpt too...just the teeth bother me a little...the gap between the upper front teeth is off center and it's driving me crazy! I'm sure that can be fixed by painting the teeth all white instead of painting the gaps a different color to highlight the gaps. Other than the teeth I just LOVE her! Feel free to ask any other questions too if I didn't cover something! :)

11. Thank you :) You pretty much told me everything I needed to know ;)
      Just which eye size fits best, according to you?

12. Hmm...well I tried both 14mm and 16mm...the 14mm give a sharper look like the blue eyes she's wearing in post #89, they do gap a tiny bit. I like 16mm the best (post #88). I have her wearing 16mm green volks eyes right not and they look really nice, I'll post a picture when I get back home tonight. :)

13. No problem at all! :)
      Here is Lilith again! This time in 16mm "normal looking" Volks eyes:
      [​IMG]
      These are my favorite so far! :)

14. So quiet in here. 0_0 I have more Lilith spam, and I hope people aren't sick of her already. >_<
      Guys I'd love to see your dolls too!
      [​IMG]
      Hmmm...why do I have Sting's "Desert Rose" stuck in my head now? Either that or "A Whole New World" XD

15. Lol yeah Shukaku looks a little like my Lati Blue Rei (actually, maybe he looks more like Rucas now that I think about it). Either way I'm not sure if I'm safe or in trouble. I love the sculpt. My Rei is NS...although getting him a twin or even a look-alike in a different color seems really appealing right no. Lol!

Sorry I don't have any Amy spam (she's adorable though!).

Lilith now has a minion (She can't be a Demon Queen without a minion..or two...0_0).
      Lilith would like you to meet Orion (BBB Sprite boy).
      [​IMG]
      He's having a really hard time adjusting to the human world so Lilith wants to get him a friend (more like another piece of eye candy for herself). 0_0 She scares me. :doh I wouldn't have her any other way! :D

16. Thank you guls207~!
      I love your Lilith by the way and it was actually her that reminded me that so much can be done with these girls!
      I got a few more shots of my Chantal and I really like this one. I'm going to link it instead of posting it as it contains perky resin breasts. *L* http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/MoonCaller/Chantal/BlindOne3.jpg

The rest of the shoot can be found on my blog. ^^

17. Hypercurve, Chantal is a Wallis. Actually she was one of the first couple on the board. ^^ She's got a few
      problems like uneven legs and I find her resin a little thin for my tastes but she's a sweet girl and the company photo's really don't do her justice.