1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. I have spam! :D

My Lilith fit one of my characters really well so I finally decided to let her have it (after debating it for about 9 months)! XD
      Here is Ariana!
      [​IMG]

2. More love for this quiet thread! :D
      [​IMG]

3. guls207, your girl is beautiful! She has such luminous eyes :D

I have recently discovered Amy, and really like her...how do Island dolls compare to othr slim minis, in terms of posing, floppiness, etc? Can they fit into minifee-size clothes? And if anyone has more Island girl pics (especially Amy!) I would greatly appreciate seeing them... thank you!!

4. Amy pics? I can help! :)
      Merricat-
      [​IMG]
      I love my girl:aheartbea

On the topic of posing, the only thing I ever have an issue with is when extending her arm in front of her (as if to shake someone's hand) but that could just be me. :lol:

5. Thank you so much! :D
      Hmm..I'm pretty sure Amy can wear MNF clothes. My girl is on the slightly bigger 45cm body and she can wear some MNF clothes as long as it has a teeny bit of give (as in not super form fitted). In fact, in the pictures above, my girl is wearing a dress made to fit Narae. ;) Amy is on a slightly slimmer body so she should have no problem. :)

6. Amy is soooo cute lullabygame! but I really don't like the 41 cm body :doh So she fits fine on the 45cm body? I would love more photos KuroKitty to see how her head fits on the 45cm neck :lol:

7. Don't have an Amy, but here's Jerrica, my Wallis, doing the stand-on-one-leg thing:
      [​IMG]

I haven't had many problems with her -- her arms were a bit kicky at first, but hot glue sueding helped that immensely. As for clothes, the best fit I've gotten so far is with Iplehouse JID clothes -- the Island Doll 45cm girl body is very close to the JID line in measurement.

#87 mousethatroars, Feb 15, 2012
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    8. Hey guys, i'm very curious but do you guys have any photos of your 45cm girls next to other msd boys, particularly MNFs, Dollzone, Kid Delfs or any of the common boys?

thanks! <3

9. Ingie Bee, watch out! These dolls have a kind of siren-song ability to grow on you! :lol:

I took Jerrica to a science fiction convention this weekend, where she was a stellar ambassador for the hobby in general, & Island Dolls in particular. She made lots of new friends, including Sherlock & Watson from the new BBC series ( in plush form ) :
      [​IMG]

#89 mousethatroars, Feb 22, 2012
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    10. I have no idea about a possible resin match, thothep. Sorry. :/
      But I do have spam of Chantal! I finally gave her another face-up! So here's my armless, French shabby chic boho girl.
      [​IMG]

11. Hello everybody!!!

I just wanted to know if someone had a boy msd from island doll and if you can described the body to me. I though of buying one to make a boyfriend for my minifee Rena and I want my boy to have a hip joint and I saw that the island doll boys have it. So can anybody tell me about the body? Do somebody have problems with the joints and is the doll easy to manipulate, to take pose?

Thank you very much!! :)

12. Totally agree! My Ddoll Airi has stolen Crystal's boyfriend and she's feeling lonely...

13. Spam of my Crystal on Island skin. I've repainted her lips for a more defined look.

[​IMG]

14. Wow, gorgeous. You're killing me, I can't afford to add more dolls to my wishlist!

15. Great job, Ashmyt -- she's so beautiful!

16. Ashmyt OMG she's gorgeous! :D I love the look in her eyes, she has a lovely, ethereal look!

I'm so happy that this thread is getting more lively now! :D

17. spam time!
      [​IMG]
      I tried different eyes in Momo but these are the ones she keeps going back to. I think I'll make these her permanent eyes! :) I'm also happy with her wig color (but not yet with the style). I'll keep looking for THE midnight blue wig. :)

18. She's so beautiful... I love the colors too!