1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Island Dolls Mini Discussion part 1

Oct 2, 2005

1. Thank you! :D She's wearing a Happy Camille wig btw. ;) I need to get a few more in that color for her! >_<

2. It's too quiet here -- time for some pic spam:

[​IMG]

Jerrica after being re-strung, just hanging out in the sunroom with me on a rainy day.:)

#102 mousethatroars, Apr 22, 2012
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    3. Sometimes I just wonder if I 'lucked out' on my Island Doll girl. We've started modding her and 'fixing' her last night and realized that she was going to need a lot of work. I'm starting to think that I just got really unlucky because she's so awkward. One leg is drastically longer than the other, her back shelf was useless, her thigh joints are incredibly uneven and parts of her legs are all not the same size or width.

None of my other dolls have these problems and I've got a resinsoul and a Limhwa and a Doll Chateau, I've also owned a RingDoll kid. None of them gave me these sorts of problems.

I don't mean to complain, but no one else has mentioned these sorts of problems. I don't know if it's common or if I'm just unlucky. I believe I bought my girl when Island Doll first opened and bought the body and got the head for free. So maybe since it was an event she was just really rushed and I got a bum one.

So, does anyone else have problems with their IslandDoll girls?

4. OMG I'm so sorry to hear! :( I ordered through Mint on Card a year ago and it was a really smooth transaction and my girl arrived flawless! Her posing abilities are amazing!
      Have you contacted Island Doll about it? It seems unusual for them to send out a doll like that. I try to buy from US based dealers whenever I can (they usually can cummunicate with the company about any defects).

mousethatroars, I'm glad to see your boy! :D He's so handsome! :)

5. I think she was one of the first ISDoll girls to hit and I bought her through Luxor Academy. Which is Canadian I think, I can't remember anymore. I didn't notice at first, I thought her posing problems were me not understanding how to make her work like I wanted her to. It was until we took her apart for stringing and blushing last year that we realized that she was indeed not quite right.

We've started modding her, so I doubt it'd do me any good to get in touch with ISDoll, it has been almost two years as she was bought in 2010. It's very clear to me that she's not my favorite doll, most of the time she's been put up and/or faceless...

Edit: I just realized I had this topic last year as well.... which tells me how much I pay attention to Chantal... Whoops.

7. I find it so strange to hear about irregularities in an IslandDoll MSD - mine is absolutely perfect, the qualtiy is absolutely great for her price. Maybe there was something going on with the dealer or the company back then?

8. Sorry to hear that, mine is just perfect in everything so I think you're unlucky :(

9. At least it's just me then! I'm glad to hear that. ^^ At the very least she's a nice little mod job waiting to happen. I've been going with a super sweet Shabby Chic kinda girl before but we think she's getting ready to go Goth once we finish her up and give her a new face-up. ^^

10. Does anyone have photos of the Isladn Doll Lilith in Tan Skin? Can you show me please?

11. I've posted pics of my tan Lilith girl in pages 5-9, as in every page from 5-9. ;)

12. Does the Lilith scuplt have teeth? If so can you remove them or are they part of her sculpt?

13. It does have teeth and they are sculpted on. :( I'm sure a skilled customizer can probably remove them but I haven't tried to get them removed).

14. I just bought my 2nd doll ever (an Island Doll Aggie in snow white). Haven't decided her name yet and haven't really completed her look. I can't decide whether or not I want to keep her default face up. It would help if I could see other Aggies (bonus if it's snow white resin) in their different face ups (or defaults) and how they are styled... I've been looking for pics but hard to come by... Are they just not common??

15. My very first face up on Elowen (Island Doll Aggie):

[​IMG]

16. It's lovely for a first faceup really!! Keep up :)

17. Thank you!

18. Great work, Katzy&#8203;! She's lovely.

19. Oh wow! That's awesome. Much better than were I'm currently at in skill XD any general pointers? I really like the lower eyelashes! (is that weird? )

20. Thanks for the boost of confidence, everyone!! I love DoA!! Everyone's so nice. @lullabygame I'm a beginner at this so I'm not sure if I should be giving any pointers just yet. >_< lol I will tell you that I love putting makeup on myself, and I do believe I do a pretty good job. I've gotten compliments on my eye makeup. I basically tried to pretend I was putting makeup on someone else. I love the lower lashes as well! What I did is practice on a piece of paper first till I got the stroke of the pencil just right with the right pressure. I also did a triangular/criss cross pattern to make it look really full. I love the full lash line look. I hope that helps