1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues With AOD(AngelOfDream) - Purchased Direct

Aug 6, 2007

1. there has been good reviews of the bodies, so people aren't ordering blind, paleQ. They are a new company, yes, so they need to 'bed in' but you have to look at all reviews. I think their main problem seems to be poor packaging for SD and shoddy checking before they send out. I think they are a little over whelmed by the amount of interest- thus quality checks are being overlooked.

I still hope there are no issues with my Chen- but for under £100 you cant expect top quality, but you can expect it packed well and fitted together well and not dirty.

just wanted to say there are good reviews out there that need to be taken into consideration :)

2. As others have said, all the reviews I've seen up till now have been very positive praising the quality of the resin and posability. Ironically, their sudden popularity seems to be working against them in terms of getting dolls out in a timely fashion and maybe a bit in the quality control department. I have a feeling that things will eventually settle down a bit for them, and then it will be easier to gauge them as a whole. I'm waiting on a 1/3 boy, and I admitt, I am a bit worried after seeing the pics, since I don't know if these are a just a few exceptions from that batch, or if there is a larger problem. I guess only time will tell. However, I wouldn't give up on them yet.

3. My 1/3 girl arrived crouched in a too small box. But apart from a couple of very faint marks on her body, they look like when they sanded the seams they were a bit careless, she is perfect.
      It sounds to me, as others have already said, they have been overwhelmed by orders.
      Give them a chance to reply to your emails. I'm sure they will want to sort this out for you. If only because of the bad press they would get here if they didn't.

4. Ouch, not funny recieving the dolls with spots... I feel so sorry for you :eek:
      My boy will probably arrive soon, and I really don't want him looking like this! My first BJD (not AOD) arrived mint, but as soon as I put on her pantyhose from mimiwoo, she had dark stains all over her body :( Is this staining a very common problem? Either way, a new doll should NOT look like this, and it might very possibly be a production problem. I have read that many costumers of AOD dolls are happy and that their dolls bodies are very nice, also the sellers on ebay have positive feedback with very few exeptions. I think that the faceups on the website look amateurish and the photos could have been better, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the dolls are bad quality. (My boy is so real to me already, I am upset on his behalf being called "a member of the low quality dolls" :...( ). Ok so it's not a 500USD+++ doll, but I still think that a doll priced 250USD plus all accessories should be of decent quality. I hope the sellers make an effort to fix the problem for you guys, seems like they have been a bit unprepared (ie production issues, many orders etc). Keep us posted as to how it turns out.

5. Well its true is a cheap body, but don't forget that abio angel's childs are cheap too and my boy comes home very well package and protected.
      If they want to have the chance of making money with bjd they must think how to improve or reparate their serious problems. Don't forget our hobbie is a luxurious hobbie and they aren't cheap althought they cost 200$!!!

I'm waiting for a boots from AOD..I hope they will be as right I as espect!! in my opinion I won't buy another item of them anymore...because in other spanish forums there's the same problems as doa's users. Too many matters to buy a doll....I preffer to pay a little more and have a good quality item.

6. That is a major heartbreaker. Considering the time it takes to receive them (and then if you have to send them back), I would be really upset to have my body show up with poorly fitting joints, scuffs, markings, etc. Hopefully, AOD will get it together and at least ship the bodies in boxes that fit.

Let us know what you hear back!

7. I have emailed both the seller on ebay and AOD themself, nothing back yet. I really love this body so I am hoping for an exchange or something but I'm not going to pay the shipping back them, thats on their hands I think.

8. I tried that when Volks sent me a Stained dollfie Dream body. They wouldn't pay to have her sent back. I have to. So, i'm just going to wait, and buy a new part. But i swore that this is the last Dollfie Dream i'm buying. It left a very bad taste in my mouth with Volksusa. I guess i'm spoiled by companies that will look at the picture of the damage/staining/flaw and then send out the other part. Even Luts will do that if you can provide a picture of the damage. It turned me off of Volks that they told me i had to send the doll or part back to be exchanged. :: sigh :: I expected them to at least work something so i'm reimbursed for the shipping.

AOD dolls are nice looking, however, i see a number of people defending them by saying "they might be overwhelmed by orders". If that's the case, then you do what any company does when overwhelmed. You stop listing on ebay, and your site, shut down orders, just long enough to finish what's on your plate, then open up orders again.

To me, "overwhelmed by orders" is no justification for sending a shoddy low-quality doll. Seeing this, i'd NEVER buy from them.

9. From what I understand the ebay sellers are actually dealers not the factory itself. (please correct me if someone knows this to not be correct)

But you have a point that the factory could suspend there sales through the website till they're calmed down a bit. It does seem unreasonable to expect people to accept stained dolls or dolls with faulty resin.

I guess I'll proceed with caution as far as ordering more AOD dolls but seeing the quality of the one I have I"m not giving up hope on them.

10. You do have a point... my problem is that I consider my doll to be a person from the moment I order him, and don't want to hurt his feelings, so it really is him that I defend, lol.
      (I am sorry, I'm crazy-doll-person). I totally agree that it has been a very messy introduction of these dolls; long waiting time (Aution promised shipping within 1 week in june, but my doll was shipped aug 1), merchants making scenes in public, too small boxes, bad wrapping, unfitted, crude bodies with spots on them... Makes me very nervous about the condition of mine. Basically I found a pretty boy at reasonable price on ebay, and ordered without knowing about these issues. It all confuses and disappoints me, as the first reviews that I read were positive, saying the resin, stringing and sanding was excellent! *_* Seems like they don't handle the increase of orders very well, and you are absolutely right comicbookartist- they should focus on the presentation and quality of the dolls, and put orders on a hold instead of making people wait for a made-in-a-hurry-and-slammed-in-a-box doll. Cause my impression was that the dolls in the beginning were nice quality, and I just felt it was unfair to judge the quality of a doll simply based on not liking their look on the website. I don't believe that I will consider buying another AOD before this mess settles, but I really hope my doll will arrive today, in good shape... :atremblin

11. I agree that the presentation appears to be poor- especially for the 1/3 dolls, it is like they are saving money by not making pillows and by not buying two box sizes! Something that will backfire on them. I don't understand why someone thought it a good idea to put big dolls in a small box!

hope my boy comes through okay- he is msd so won't be cramped in a tiny box.

These all sound like problems they can sort out. Let's hope they do!

12. It is so shocking to hear that the quality of those dolls seems to have decreased at the moment. My 1/3 boy which was one of the earlier orders had arrived in perfect condition and carefully packed in bubblewrap plus big silky cushion. True, he was actually crouching in an MSD sized box - but I didn't mind at all because smaller boxes usually slip through customs.
      I think those quality issues shouldn't be explained with the lower price.

But really, a higher price does not necessarily mean a great quality. I have recently got a body from Luts which has VERY bad seams and was so loosely strung that I had to shorten each and every string. And THAT is a body for $ 475,-!!! It stains very easily, too...

13. BrIlLiAnTlYBlOnDe, I have my soul in the floor for see this.... *hugs* You have all my support.

Is not right that you pay and you wait with all the illusion of the world so that they send something like this to you. As for me, I am dessapointed by the treatment that had with me. I only wait for the reimbursement that they promised me to never have treatments with them anymore. Somebody tellme "hysterical" but, with this i hope that understand how i feel.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151158

If you need something, sendme a PM ^^

comicbookartistboi, you're right 100%

14. My 1/3 body came wrapped in bubblewrap in a shipper about his size. No other box/cusions. The box looked horrible, but he was just fine. (The only thing that happened was that the s-hook was stuck in the side of his neck.) Besides I have no clue how he's going to be packed up when I move soon I'm pleased with him.

15. sounds like they have run out of boxes!

16. Oh, it's not excusing them if there's a problem--If my doll comes with serious problems, he will most likely end up being sent back for a refund or replacement. Hopefully AOD will learn from these experiences and improve the way they handle shipping/lots of orders. At the same time, companies are run by humans and nothing run by humans operates perfectly 100% of the time. Even well known and respected companies have their problems.

Right now, it's not possible to say what is a fluke (with the resin, I mean. The boxes they should be able to easily correct no matter what), and what is a larger problem, because there isn't a large enough sample to judge from. So far the vast majority have received dolls that whose quality is very high, so we'll see what happens.

17. The dirt thing: I have had many dolls arrive from China, both new and used that are dirty.... not just ordinary handling dirt (which one wouldn't expect to find on a brand-new doll anyway), but like a fine coating of soot! I think a lot of cities in China still use coal... it's bad to have that arrive covering your doll and the bubblewrap etc that comes with, but dang, I felt worse for the people who have to live there. Can you imagine? D-:

As for the "blood stains" That's kind of scary!!

Raven

18. I got a reply today

"Dear customer,
      Sorry for the package issue.If you like,can you return it to us?We will send you a new one.The blood and marked up things may be caused by the Custom checking process.The Custom will open the parcel when the package go to your country.Or if you like,we would like to send you 50$ for the issue.Or you can let me know what we should do to solve the problem.
      Best regards.
      Alan"

I donno about the stains though, every customs worker I've head of wears gloves, so I really dont think its customs fault, but. SO Now I have to decide if I want to use that $50 and send him back so they can send me a new one or keep him as is.

19. I made the same experience as you with bad package, stains and a very poorly done face up, and my doll was order # 10. The bodyshape itself looks great, he poses well, but the stains are not very appealing. I didn´t say anything cause he was only 150$ (compared to other company´s prices). But I wouldn´t order from AoD again.

20. Not only that, but if customs had opened the box, and customs officials even suspected those marks were dried blood, the box and all it's contents would have probably been destroyed! 0_0

Too much risk of blood borne diseases from one country being spread among either human or livestock populations in another country for customs to take a chance.

Even dried blood on the box or on the pillows would probably result in customs confiscating and destroying the package and its contents.