1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues With AOD(AngelOfDream) - Purchased Direct

Aug 6, 2007

1. O.o That really does look like dried blood! [and I know pretty well what dried blood looks like on resin, after my Yugiri bit me when I tried removing the hot glue from the inside of her head >.>].
      I hope you contacted the company about this- even when ignoring the horrible packaging, it's really not a condition for a brand net doll to be in. This is overall pretty darn unprofessional, imho.

2. o.o! It's totally unacceptable. They're cheaper, sure, but 175$ is still 175$...!

Were you able to remove it with water? If not, then it's probably not blood. It's probably, as someone else stated, bad-mixed resin. But it's still unacceptable.

That's exactly the reason why I'll never buy a doll just because it's cheaper. I prefer to pay more and be sure to pay for quality.

3. Wow :o that is really unfortunate!

I think, though... it's important to remember AoD is a fairly newer doll company and will undoubtedly have kinks to work out (most of the big name companies so popular around here have their problems too from time to time!). I think that it is a very good sign that they're communicating with customers though and willing to fix the problems that occur with their products. Hopefully it will be a learning experience for AoD that they can use to improve the quality of out-going products and ensure their customer satisfaction. .... And... get bigger boxes.... :sweat

(And I'm not in any way saying this to belittle your experience or say it's no big deal because it is - a severely flawed dolly can be REALLY disappointing :(. Hope everything is sorted out for you soon!)

4. If paying more always got you more quality, I'd agree with that, Piu-Piu :)

I have the lovely Kaoru on an AoD body. About the only complaint I have with it is that it took nearly forever to get her shipped, in spite of the auction stating it would be out within a week. The packing material was iffy, but... frankly, as long as there is no space for things to be flopping around against each other I'm not horribly distressed by no pillows.

This body is maybe a little "big-boned" for the head that's on it, but that's not the company's fault. Maybe I just lucked out and got a nice quality body? At any rate, I'm quite pleased with it. The hands are just lovely. I was pleased enough to go back and buy a 1/4 sized boy body, so we'll see how this experience shakes out.

5. I don't think that the doll body itself is of poor quality...I think it looks nice and the resin seems good.

It is more an issue with quality control when it comes to the assembly and packing. They need to be sure that everything is clean, and padded properly. And they need to check that poorly cast or damaged parts are sent back.

Even if they use bubble wrap instead of pillows, I thought it needed more, considering the box was small for a 1/3 size body...if the box got crushed in the wrong spot, there would have been nothing to protect the doll except two layers of bubble wrap.

Luckily, the body I got, aside from some smudges (that do NOT look like blood :ablah:) was in good condition with no major scrapes or chips. The box was crushed in one spot, but not near the body mass so it escaped damage.

Still, even if they offer to replace the doll, it is a pain to have to go through sending it back because they don't monitor their packing process.

6. Katasha, I do think you should sent it back and get one new and CLEAN. This is a rip-off, they're cheap but NOT free, so if you're paying for something I guess you have the rights to get it in perfect condition.

What a shame those people are making the people who bought them something get crazy!

7. Today I recieved my MSD size Chen.

Yuan Cheng Ru was packed in an AOD box and in an outer box too. He had cushions but no bubble wrap or face cover. This is not too good as his face could have been damaged. He was fine though, one knee bent a little odd though.

Quality... for the price- excellent. the sanding is a little sloppy but it IS sanded well, no visible seam lines. There are a few marks, tiny, very tiny, not that noticable, generally a sanding shiny bit or tiny scratch- nothing that noticeable at all.

Face up wise it is amateur, about as good as I can do, but I spray from a little further away, there are miniscule bubbles around the eyes from spraying too close and a small smudge above one eyebrow.There is also a tiny bush hair caught in the msc on his chin- it is bothering me but is not noticeable unless pointed out. Remember this is free- then it all seems fine!

Inside the doll it is not carved smoothly, but it does seem of even thickness for the channels- not the smooth quality you get in a more expensive doll, but passable for one this price- no thin patches so no undue pressure.

Stringing- fine, one leg a bit loose/ kicky. you can get some fantastic tiliting on the head!

No idea how to get the headcap off! Still waiting on that one! Someone will have done it who can give answers! No need to actually take it off anyway at the moment.

overall- VERY pleased with him!

I waited 3 weeks for him, as Alan (Sky numbers) on ebay didn't have normal skin in stock.

If they get their packaging right, things will improve, they need to learn they need bubble wrap AND cushions and need to buy bigger boxes for SD size!

But yeah, generally a positive review for them, for under £100 including EMS shipping, this doll is well worth the money! He has been bought with the intention of leaning to blush and drawing tattoo's and a doll this cheap is a great starting point for anyone- if you want resin, he costs less than an obitsu.

So yeah, my little Buddhist monk, Yuan Cheng Ru is a hansom young man!

8. My Aedan arrived with pillow and bubble wrap but scrunched up in a too-small box. It took more than a month for him to ship, although the auction site promised a week. There was no CoA. The resin quality and sanding are good, but there is a 1/8 inch gouge in the top of his neck where the S-hook, which is too big, bent over and dug into it. It is visible and I will have to sand.

So, mixed review here. Good doll, good resin, bad packing.

9. Littlepinkfaery--My headcap was held on with the S hook that holds the rest of the stringing--at least I *assume* so, because my Rao came with her head off and there was no other obvious connector to put the head on, and my own test rubber band (connecting the resin hook on the headcap to the S hook) made the head too loose on the neck. But once the headcap is connected to the S hook that baby is on TIGHT. You can get some slack to get it off by removing a foot, but that is a little exciting too--it takes some extra strong string to keep tabs on the leg elastic, and my channels were small enough I had to use picture wire.
      Victoria Victrix--how was your head held on? My S hook was big to grab the resin hook (I thought:-0) Bummer about no COA--I didn't get one either, which means next time I am ordering from the website nextime (insert growly face here).
      Oo, arrival pics? Must go check and see!

10. Aedan came head-off. I am going to probably put in a smaller s-hook and make a second connection to the headcap with a heavy ponytail elastic.

11. This is rather disturbing.
      I bought an AoD body from a DoA member. While it came in the MSD box, it was packaged nicely, and the body was incredibly nice.
      I needed to sell it for funds for another doll I was buying, but I seriously contemplated keeping it as the quality was great (though the joints were rather squeaky), and the body was just lovely. I liked the hands and I still rather wish I had kept it.
      They're a new company. I say give them time to fix all these problems.

12. Hee hee.... I"m glad you sold it. ;)

Don't worry he seems pretty happy here... especially now that he has a head :)

I agree that he is a great body and I'll definitely look at buying a girl AOD for my floating Nanuri head (if the size fits ok)

13. I bought a Gu head from AoD and i have to say that the quality of resin is not good enough... he is full of bubles everywhere,he was full of bubbles throughout, in the cheeks, around the ears, in the nape, inside the head and it has resin pieces within the ears and I had to sand them so the ears have a "natural look" (dunno how to explain...)

And before we receive the package, we were waiting 2 months for it. They forget to add some items, because that we had to send emails and wait again, and some items like boots were squashed because they were not well packed.

I´m sure i will never buy again in that shop...:barf

14. My 2nd doll was AoD (brought from renaissancefashion on ebay) and he was packaged well, no marks, no blood stains, and he came very very fast.

I have 3 AoD dolls now and I have no trouble with them :/

15. these posts are pretty old; are the 3 you bought newer than this? id like to know if AoD has picked up from this ^^

16. I ordered my AOD Rao at the beginning of January and got her around 2 1/2 weeks later. She was well packaged in bubble wrap, a cushion, and a face mask and she was clean. I love her to death and I really don't have any complaints except that they didn't send her with the eyes I wanted but thats ok I'm going to get them this weekend. My friend ordered her AOD An around a week after I ordered my girl and got him around the same time I did and has no complaints.

I'm planning on ordering from them again. :aheartbea

17. I don't have an AOD doll, but I will vouch for Jack (rennaissancefashion on ebay). My B&G Freya was shipped quickly and came double-boxed (her personal box with BG logo and the shipping box and in the appropriate size) with bubblewrap and cushions/blankets and neat extras! (she came with a cheap dress. It was not in a style I would like, but that doesn't mean it wasn't nice, plus the wig and eyes were free.) My doll was in EXCELLENT condition. There were no scratches or marring and she was well strung.

Jack is an excellent vendor. Any future AOD purchases should be made through him. Great communication and shipping so fast that it surprised me.

18. I bought an AOD last October and he arrived safe and sound. He was packaged well, clean, and came with a bunch of extras. I got him from Junkyspot. They are super!

19. I bought my Naomi from a seller on eBay. She came quickly, was packaged well, but was dirty. All the marks came off with a magic eraser though. Also, I didn't get the wig I ordered for her. I got a blonde mullet wig instead of brunet pigtails. There's also some marks around the ankle....slots, I guess they would be, but that could have come from me having no idea how to take her apart. ^^;;; I got her right before Christmas, about two weeks after I bought her.

I would still most likely buy from AoD again if I found another one that suited my fancy. ^^;

20. some of the stains on the body yes do look like dried blood especially the one on the leg.

And AoD is going on my to be wary of list. I'm sorry for your friend...that has got to stink.