1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Itty-bitty, or jumbo-wumbo?

Sep 18, 2020

1. I have dolls of many different sizes, but when I can I go for the bigger dolls. I find that 62-66cm is probably my preferable size. Sewing, painting, finding detailed shoes and resin eyes is easier...and I really like how grandiose they look when displayed!:D

2. I love smaller dolls(1/6 usually), but I also love mature sculpts, which is such a pain sometimes. I like the smaller ones because their easier to handle and as a college student I just don't have much room for the big guys. That and I love hand-sewing tiny little things for them. It's so cute

3. I think I would like the larger dolls for myself as they would be easier for me to work with but the price kills me. All the dolls I've wanted so far have been smaller sizes so I might just be stuck in little dolls land for a potential future doll.

4. I prefer bigger dolls, I find it easier to find them clothes I like. I do own some smaller doll though.

5. 70+... In fact the bigger the better. Since I had my first doll I knew that big dolls are for me. I just adore my mom's tiny, but It was a pain to paint her. She is 13cm tall, and feels too fragile in my big hands. So nice big 70+ boys are my favourite. They have weight, and more easy to paint.

6. My smallest are two Reapukis (9.7cm), my tallest ist my LLT Ahaz/Ludwig (approx. 80cm) - and except for those, I own pretty much every size in between. :D

7. I have tiny dolls (22cm), a Yo-SD (27cm), MSD (44cm) and big MSD (52cm) and I have found I prefer the smaller sizes in terms of maneuverability, space and budget. I wouldn't go any bigger than that cause those disadvantages are too strong for me. Of course I like some SD sized dolls, but I prefer seeing them customized by others.

8. I had only two 42cm dolls for years and decided to give 60cm a try. Beautiful doll, but I never wound up sewing for her because my dolls get dressed out of fabric scraps and she would have taken enough fabric to make me a shirt. I sold her and resolved to stick to minis and tinies from then on.

9. I think Fairyland's Feeple60 is a good size for me...but I want at least one Titan (aka Dollmore Trinity). xD

10. I love tinies and minis! I'm not super keen on in-between sizes. I love my tinies because they're just too cute and work in dollhouses, and my minis because they're lovely and fun to dress. I think SDs are so huge, but I'm increasingly tempted to get just one. I love Vampire F60 Cygne so much and I think it would be neat to have just one very large doll, but I'm not sure. The size increase from MSD to SD is intimidating!

11. I perfer MSds and mature yosds.smaller dolls don't hurt the wallet quite so bad either.

12. I prefer SDs but enjoy all sizes (looking to get an MSD some day)

13. I prefer larger dolls now. I used to think that my 1/4 dolls were large, being used to off-topic 1/6 dolls. Now I'm in the process of assembling an "uncle"-type 1/3 (70cm) hybrid. :sweat

Smaller dolls can have dioramas though, and those are cool.

EDIT: Also, I prefer more 1/3 sculpts. I've also heard that they're better to sew for and feel nicer to handle. I'm not looking forward to restringing, though. Or the lack of space. :lol:

#53 Valor, Sep 23, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    14. I’ve come to realise that I like a range of sizes. My favourites are SD males (Iplehouse EID and Migidoll Style). For female dolls I like MSD scale (Harucasting, Minifee, GoblinTalesBjd). On the smaller scale I have a MerryDollRound Pygmy and two Fairyland Realpukis. I think the sculpt of the doll is the most important element for me and I like the variety in my collection.

15. Teeny Tinies!! I don't like the tinies that look like babies, though, so it can be a little hard finding ones I like. Mature sculpts or anime style are my favorite! 1/4 is huge to me LOL, I just like the little ones Maybe it's cause I liked fairies so much as a kid?
      The only exception to that is dollfies, I'd love one of those even though they are big!

16. The bigger the better. I feel like 1/3 SD size is more worth my money.

17. I love me some big bois!! :XD: I don't own any doll under 60cm. and I still want one of those Lee-El monsters!! I think anything more than 100cm would freak me out though, and I am getting my first minifee soon -- we'll see how he goes! Maybe I'll change my mind lol

18. I prefer the smaller dolls (1/6 or below) with young looking faces. Owning something more mature kind of creeps me out. I don't think I would mind something larger as long as it was cute.

19. I have yet to meet a doll size that I don't like. :whee:

20. I love petite SD girls the best :) So nothing over 58 cm.

They are large and all the cutest shoes come in their size, they may have mature and semi-realistic looking faces (which I love). They are easy to dress up, sew for and photograph.
      They don't take that much space (as much as the big, big sd guys do.
      They are easy to play with (I sometimes feel like the larger dolls are made up of legs and breasts only and I'm like... what should I do with all this 'leggity"? There's too much *legs* to handle! And when it comes to breasts, I love teeny tiny ones the most and it's easy to find petite SD girls with such small breasts. Tall, long-legged, big-breasted babes just intimidate me.

If i had more space to store all the clothes and accessories (I had to stuck at one size only, however), I'd also love having MSD dolls :) They're perfect for travelling, not to mention all the aforementioned features I like in dolls ;)