1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

JID clothing database! (Juvenile Iplehouse Doll) Part 2

Sep 15, 2008

1. I'm going to be taking better pics of these outfits and more that I have, but in the meantime I wanted to share this info on stuff for the JID girls. My Chaaya (Isar) has a large bust, so I can't vouch for the tops fitting the glamour bust girls, but these should look okay on the small bust girls too.

[​IMG]
      Shirt: Male MSD purchased from MyBayer2008
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/529-Black-Satin-Shirt-Outfit-1-4-MSD-DOD-BJD-Dollfie-/160454339846

Jeans: By Becky Colvin. Made for Tonner 17" Matt O'Neil/ DeeAnna Denton
      http://sew-coolseparates.com/dollclothing/id26.html

Ankle Boots: For Tonner 17" Mat O'Neil/Lara Croft purchased from Release Rain
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Up-Ank...ck-17-Tonner-Matt-14-Kish-dolls-/130671189401

[​IMG]
      Shirt: Jade Penni Creation- Made for DeeAnna Denton Jade Penni on Ebay
      Pants: Tonner- "Chelsea Look" outfit for regular 17" men (Cami & Jon line)
      Shoes: Made for 14" Kish Wren/Piper/Lark dolls. Purchased from Deb's Adorables.
      Black sandals for 14" Kish dolls.

[​IMG]
      Hoodie: Tonner- "Central Park" outfit for regular 17" men (Cami & Jon line)
      Pants: Tonner- Damon Salvatore's outfit
      Shoes: For Matt O'Neil from Release Rain
      Lace Up ankle boots for Matt O'Neil and 14inch Kish.

2. Finally have something to contribute! Big thanks to everyone else who's posted, this stuff is invaluable. :aheartbea

strawberryblossom mentioned in part one that she got this dress from Alice's Collection to fit. I wanted to add that it does so by the power of elastic! That top part is all scrunchy elastic and it doesn't seem like it would but it does stretch to fit over a large bust girl.

Also fitting by the power of elastic is this dress that I took a chance and ordered.

[​IMG]

It's very stretchy so it does technically fit but not in the same loose way as the model. The sleeves can be worn either up or off the shoulder. The elastic hem at the bottom is so tight it's pushing her legs together, so posing is limited. It might be possible to cut the elastic on the bottom so that's not an issue, or maybe trim the whole thing into a cute top instead of a dress.

3. My input:

Somewhere in this thread (or part 1) I read that the stretch leggings from Dollmore fits....I can say now that it does not! My girl's hips are way too big for the leggings to even get anywhere near the top :(

Luckily, my other MSD can wear them so it wasn't a waste of money :sweat

4. Where can I find heels? Would the glamour bust be too large for MNF shirts?

5. Iplehouse sells them. However I think their heeled feet are too steep for other company's heeled shoes. You can still sort of get 'fake' heels though like these shoes: http://eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=1241

JID is too big for most MNF tops. Glamour has no chance of fitting much, even normal MSD clothing is a bit of a tough fit.

6. I really wish Alice's collections would say which doll is modelling the clothes so I can check their measurements..

I was hoping to grab this -> http://www.alicescollections.com/g093-p-253.html?cPath=3_28 but I have no idea whether the 1/3 size would fit >_<

I've sent them an email asking what the measurements are, hopefully they get back to me, I think my Tatiana would look lovely in it.

7. Alice told me that her models are Volks dolls. Not that that narrows it down that much. But she does do custom sewing for a lot of their styles. Here's an e-mail I got from her last week explaining which ones:

"Dear Sonya^^,

Thank you for your email.

Our 1/4 size outfits are made according to Volks MSD dolls, JID dolls are not able to wear standard 1/4 size outfits, you can choose the following items which can be custom-made:

Items start with SPO
      http://www.alicescollections.com/clo...n-c-3_156.html

Items start with SPG
      http://www.alicescollections.com/clo...age=5&sort=20a

Items start with SPB
      http://www.alicescollections.com/clo...age=3&sort=20a

Items start with SPB
      http://www.alicescollections.com/clo...age=3&sort=20a

Items start with SPO
      http://www.alicescollections.com/clo...age=2&sort=20a

There's no extra cost for custom-made.

The preparing time of standard items is about 20 days, for custom-made outfits is about 30 to 40 days :-)

Please feel free to contact us for any question.

Have a great day n_n

Best regards,
      AC
      www.acbjd.com
      www.alicescollections.com
      [email protected]"

Hope that helps,
      ~Sonya~

8. Hey Sonya,

The lady got back to me an gave me the measurements, for the 1/3 size the bust is 3cm too big and so is the waist, so I'm thinking I could possibly alter it to fit. The skirt would end up being longer but I don't really think that is too much of a problem!

What I really wish for is a corset pattern of some kind so I can make bodices for dresses, skirts are simple when you know the waist size but the top bits are giving me some grief.. If anyone knows a good pattern, I'd love you forever if you directed me to it!

9. Aaall righty, I can confirm that a few Plume Blanche items fit! Instead of being loose, they're just form-fitting but without looking like they're about to burst off the body. Stretchy fabric and elastic, hooray!

Specifically I've tried "little pink dress", "black and white top" (quite fitting), "beige sweater" and the matching skirt. The skirts end up being high-waisted (at the belly button). The stockings fit without a problem too. I may be a bit addicted to Plume Blanche, yes. :P Can provide pics if anyone's interested!

10. Do you guys think - these shoes - would fit our boys? They are from the 6.7 cm long section.

11. Sorry for the ridiculously long reply time on this, Kthulhu. I'm subscribed to this thread, but for some reason I didn't see a notification until Tirian posted a question today. :-/ For corsets for the JID girls you can go a couple of ways for patterns.

You could purchase the Demi Victorian Corset set from Truly Victorian http://www.demifashions.com/catalog/demipatterns.html ,reduce the pattern to 50% and then tweak it from there. The Demi measurements are 17" bust, 12" waist and 17" hips. Reducing it to 49% would actually get you closer, but 49% isn't always an option...just depends on what copying equipment is at hand for you. I've purchased, and successfully used, the human Truly Victorian patterns and I had a wonderful experience with them.

You could also look for the appropriate kind of pattern made for the Tonner 17" Deluxe female dolls (DeeAnna Denton, Lara Croft, etc) and adjust those. The measurements that I've got for the deluxe dolls was 20.5cm bust, 13.5cm waist and 21.5cm hips. If you don't want to fiddle with adding the difference in waist size to all the corset pieces, you could probably get away with adding it to just the side seams without changing the overall shape and fit too much. Tamara Casey with Designs By Jude carries a good selection of patterns in that size http://stores.ebay.com/Patterns-fro...735912016&_sid=22545116&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Hope that helps a bit,
      ~Sonya~

12. I've wondered the same thing since the L size girl have a listed foot length of 6.7cm, but they don't list the width. The safest thing to do would be to ask the company what the width measurement is on the girls, or check and see if there's a database somewhere here on DOA that mentions it. There are quite a few pairs I'd like to try for my guy once I rescue him from lay-a-way. If you hear anything about it, please let us know. :-)

Sonya

13. Is there any chance Musedoll's dress set La Jardin Rose 2 would fit a small bust JID girl I'm planning to have? I checked the measurements and JIDs and Musedoll girls are quite the same size, except there are something about 0,3 cm - 2 cm and other small differences between body measurement's of them (okay, height is an exception). Is it a big risk to order that someday after my JID comes home? The set isn't so cheap, so I'm asking your opinion.

14. Short answer: Maybe.

Rambling answer:

If they'd shown the back of the dress it would be easier to answer that question. The biggest things working against it fitting would be the 3cm bust size difference...so it would be really loose on a small bust JID doll...and the .5cm waist difference. Since the JID waist is larger and the bodice appears to be pretty snug; you might not be able to close it all the way, at the waist, on your future JID. But, with the MuseDoll being taller, the difference in back length (the space between the nape of the neck and waist) *might* work out in such a way that the actual waist on the dress sits lower on the JID than intended, so it could eliminate the problem of the thicker JID waist.

It would be a gamble.

15. Ah that set is gooorgeous. Definitely not cheap though... I'd be very interested if any of the Musedoll clothing fits JID, they have some amazing outfits. Not that I own a JID... yet... :)

16. This is small bust JID wearing a BlueFairy Tiny Fairy default uniform (3rd edition). She CANNOT wear the panties. The outfit is also really short on her. The shoes are also loose but not noticeable when wearing the boots.

[​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

From left to right:
      Sport boots for Peter Pevensie/Athletic/Superhero bodies from Facets By Marcia

65mm x 25mm Monique Gold "Emo" shoes.

Boots from 19" Tonner Lucious Malfoy "Death Eater" outfit.

All three can easily be worn with or without socks, but I honestly prefer having the dolls wear socks because it makes it easier to take the shoes off. without putting any stress on the "S" hook or attachment point on the foot.

I'm planning to pick up a pair of the blue and black "Emo" shoes and a pair of the sports boots in brown. And I'll eventually be trying the riding boots that Marcia offers as well as some of the shoes that would go nicely with some of the historical stuff I have in mind.

It really is nice to have choices for a change when it comes to shoes for these guys. Now, if I could find him a pair of wingtip dress shoes; I'd be a super happy camper. [​IMG]

Hugs,
      ~Sonya~

18. Hi!
      Do you think this shoes would fit JID girls (hh)?
      I know they fit MNf hh, but will they fit JID too?

[​IMG]