1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Jointed hands vs Regular hands?

Oct 9, 2016

1. Jointed hands just seem very complicated and look a little scary to me, besides I don't want to know how hard it is to restring them lol. I guess I'd stick to normal hands.

2. In some ways, I do think normal hands look prettier, but the big thing about jointed hands for me (aside from the poseability) is that I don't have to remove them to dress my doll.

3. The restringing aside, they really are not that complicated. They attach just like normal hands and are easier to dress your doll with.

4. I suppose that's actually a really good point! I hadn't thought about it like that, but there would be a much smaller chance of snapping a finger off or damaging anything in that case!

5. They are a pain but I love the way it looks.

6. I also like non jointed hand on some dolls. Like the ones for my dollshe amanda I can't even think of her with something else.
      But it depends on the doll and what looks best for them.

7. Obviously jointed hands are cool because of posing, but they aren't as aesthetically pleasing. I don't own any so I can't really compare the two together.

8. I like both the regular and jointed hand. I prefer the jointed hands on some of my larger boys. I have not found any female jointed hands that I like. I just might like the jointed hands for my boys only.

9. I don't know if they would work for your dolls, but Doll Legend has some really pretty female jointed hands for SD size. On the other hand, their MSD jointed hands, while pretty, are gender-neutral and tend to be a bit on the large size for girl dolls.

10. Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

11. i like jointed hands better 'cause they can hold many poses unlike regular hands.

12. I've always wanted jointed hands for their posability but it's always the resin matching and wrist ball matching that puts me in doubt..
      What if they don't match?!! :horror:
      Yeah, I can always get blushing done, but I totally dislike the idea of having to see the blushing chipping of at their joints after some time.. :sigh

13. Like both. But I'd like to get the jointed hands, if it's possible, and if they will fit the doll.

14. I'd like to get a pair of jointed hands. I talk with my hands a lot and it's a little frustrating that I can't get my dolls to do the same. Since they can't change facial expressions, I figure that having jointed hands would be the next best option.

15. For me, I think it depends on the doll. I don't mind the aesthetics (I really don't mind seeing joints on my dolls at all, because they're dolls, so...joints are unavoidable, and I think they're cool!) and having all that posing possibility just seems really awesome to me. But for example, I probably wouldn't get jointed hands for Aelic, my KDF boy, because I like his hands and I honestly don't take too many pictures of them; I do more portraits than anything with Aelic. For Ilya though (my Dollzone Carter), he's more expressive and I do more full body stuff with him, so I'd love to get him some jointed hands. They're not super high on my list, but I think I will get some eventually!

16. I'm curious about jointed hands and would love to own some. Honestly, I wish companies would go the middle road more often and release multiple hands in different poses.

17. I think regular hands looks better than jointed hands, but jointed hands more functional. l'd like to get one for Ringdoll Dracula.

18. Doll Legend does that. My Tiny came with two pairs of hands.

19. Oh, definitely. It's often pretty standard to have closed and open hands, but I wish companies would release more poses like Sadol/SQLabs, Volks, and Luts. It's such a nice, easy way to add expression.

20. Doll Legend has six sets available