1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Joy doll discussion

Jun 19, 2023

1. @Ho.taru Thank you- I just got my tracking number from Clover Singing this morning...phew! :3

2. I was able to buy a Lai head on Friday from Stacy’s Pink Ocean- I didn’t ask too many questions haha. Thought I’d post here in case anyone else is regretting missing the original pre-order like I was!

#42 aliquotiens, Oct 22, 2023
      Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    3. I have received my Lai!!! and experimented a quick faceup on him ^^

This sculpt is truly super gorgeous :D:D:D

[​IMG]

4. This is just stunning, love the tattoos!

5. @Ho.taru - Ooh, looking good! Is there a story to the tattoos?

6. I also managed to get an in stock one. I regretted so much not getting it back when the preorder was on. I ended up getting it in soom tawny and I have no idea which bodies match with that tone:XD: (other than the companies that do matching service). I originally had planned to get it in milk tea but it seems there is none in that tone for in stock ones.

7. thanksss :hug:

thank you! :blush I was really just experimenting and I added the tattoos for fun :XD:
      i was planning on repainting him but now the tattoos are kinda growing on me :lol:

8. My Lai got here yesterday. Today I tried him on my Switch Labyrinth body just to see if I liked the proportions... they look SO good, even though there's a bit of a gap at the neck. So excited I decided to go with MTR for Lai!! And that Switch is rereleasing the Labyrinth body tomorrow!

Yay!!

9. My Lai has been stashed in her head box for the past 5 months... but I'm expecting her body (2DDoll's 68cm girl) to ship in around a month's time, so it seemed like the right time to paint her faceup. Update (21/03): What serendipitous timing... 2D has shipped her body.

She borrowed my 68boy's body for pics. Eyes are 14/6mm. She's wearing a too-dark temporary wig: I'm getting her a dark blonde wig and painted her faceup lighter to match that.

[​IMG]

#49 aihre, Mar 16, 2024
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    10. Beautiful! Can’t wait to see her finished!

Has anyone else seen Joy’s latest head, Jacob?

11. I have seen it! It's beautiful and I keep convincing myself I don't need another floating head. It looks so versatile and I can't wait to see photos of it with a faceup

12. Oshidori is completed, and I'm over the moon with her. :fangirl: Box opening for the 2D68 body - she looks amazing at 68cm.

[​IMG]

13. I managed to snag a secondhand Lai head in milk tea after missing the preorder! I know it's a good match for Switch's milk tea, but would anyone happen to know any other companies that have a similar match? I want to start looking for a body for them.

14. Thanks for bringing up this topic again. I'm also still looking for a body in that colour for my Lai. I believe, Doll Family H and A do colour matching and make MTR.

15. Yeah they were the first companies I thought of but I wanted to see if there were other options out there and see which body I like best. I know Telesthesia should resin match it too but I'm not a big fan of the look of their joints.

16. Oshidori (Lai x 2D68girl)... I love this girl so, so much. I bought some new wigs for her and confirmed that she looks fantastic in grey hair... I will repaint her faceup in the proper colours.

[​IMG]

Just wanna rave about how lucky I was to buy her. When Lai's preorder happened last year I fell hard for the promo pics, but I was already waiting for a lot of dolls and feeling overwhelmed by them (2 full dolls + 1 body + 1 head, which is a lot for me). I was really undecided, so I did my due diligence and made a pros/cons list -- and the pros column was stacked. Still, I would've sat out the preorder, but I talked to someone in the BJD Discord server who was dead set on buying Lai, and they convinced me to go for it. I was still undecided when I hit Buy, and I actually felt buyer's remorse immediately. But after a week the remorse went away and I ended up feeling glad that I bought it.

Now? I can't thank that person enough for gently peer pressuring me to join the preorder. I absolutely adore Joy's work and always wanted to own a doll made by her, so I think I would be kicking myself hard now if I'd missed Lai. It so happened that there was a girl body I really wanted to get (2D68girl), which worked perfectly since I wanted to make Lai female from the start. I'd also sold a girl BJD that I wasn't bonding with, but still wanted another girl in the crew. I'm not particularly drawn to female BJD sculpts, but Lai makes a captivating female face that I can look at and never get tired of. I'm amazed how much I love Oshidori. She's so wonderful and I feel really fortunate to have her home. <3

[​IMG]

#56 aihre, May 31, 2024
      Last edited: May 31, 2024