1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

JPopDolls Feedback (2008)

Jun 8, 2007

1. I was looking at JPopDolls for a wig, and I was looking at the Kana style. It's the style and color I want, but from the pictures.. the material looks almost.. cheapish? Like that really soft material that gets REALLY messy and static.. I dunno what it's called though. xD BUT -- I know Monique Gold wigs look AWFUL in pictures, but they're absolutely wonderful quality. So the pictures don't mean a thing!

So can anyone tell me how good the quality is on JPopDolls' wigs? :3

2. The Monique wigs and the Jpop wigs are basically the same thing. In fact, I think the person who creates the Jpop wigs also helped to design the Monique Gold Label wigs (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please). They're both made of the synthetic mohair, and the styles are very similar. For instance, if you compare Jpop's Kana wig and Monique's Jojo wig, there is very little difference between the style, except perhaps the coloring (the Jojo wigs are mostly blonde with colored streaks, while the Kana wigs come in all sorts of colors, and also are available in longer lengths).

Over half the wigs I own are from Jpopdolls, and I can't say enough about the fabulous quality. Yes, the fibers are very fine and soft, and require some care to keep looking nice, but no more than the Gold Label wigs do. And that's what's so great about them. They're so light and look so realistic.

3. Depends on whether you like ultra-fine hair. That Gold Label stuff they call "synthetic mohair"-- which is apt-- you can tease this stuff & backcomb it & braid it, and it flows like real hair. But it doesn't really snarl up; you can tease it & then brush it gently out again, without crazing it. It's beautiful fiber, super soft, glossy, realistic, and the ones I have are also very thick.

Downsides = Flyaways from hell. Static central. Gets messed up if you breathe on it. Will melt if you come near it with a dryer/iron. Fibers pull out easily (which is actually a good thing if you're trying to pull out one crazy-hair).

Tips for coping = Marinate the ends (avoid the cap) in fabric-softener before wearing. Get a can of Static-Guard (and/or wig-oil spray) for regular use. Brushing it or patting it with water just before a photograph, that also works fine. Brush extra-extra-gently for long hair; I use a softbristle toothbrush.

Here pictured is their butt-length "Paris" wig, all one length, extra long, extra straight, so every imperfection shows... and yet I managed not to make a mess of it, so it's possible. If you don't mind a little maintenance, it's great, but if not, don't bother.
      [​IMG]

4. Just like the two before me said, the quality is fabulous. The wigs are very soft and have really fine hairs. But the fine hairs also means you have to manage them otherwise they will turn into a mess. But it isn't a big deal, just make sure you use a fine brush and it'll be fine.

5. I use a Barbie brush with the large, spaced-out teeth to comb my wigs. It usually works pretty well and does not pull out the hair if you are gentle. I really love the softness and sheen that these wigs have; highly reccomended!

6. Ohh! I have a JoJo wig and I love it to death.. thanks guys! :D

7. Fabulous quality - the very best wigs I own. And I own a lot of these. jpopdolls.com are the best to work with evah!

Use a dryer anti-static cloth if you really hate the flyaways, or just let the wig go wild!

8. What Zagzagael said.

More than half of this bunch of mine wear Monique's artificial mohair wigs, and I adore them. I do recommend carrying a static sheet with you when you're taking pictures, though, and you do need to brush them gently... But with a little care they hold up well and look good in photographs. (Yes, even the Gold styles.)

They also have a great, soft texture that's fun to play with. ^_^

9. Quality of the synthetic wigs is very good but I sometimes find the fit to be a bit tight.

Carolyn

10. I LOVE them! They're good value, great wigs, and I usually buy mine from ebay!

11. I have 3 wigs from this company and they are really nice. I have the kana long one which is so pretty. I also have 2 black Asia wigs, the first one that i received seems softer/less liable to get knotted than the second one. But even so the second one is good too it just knots easier. Id reccomend their wigs they are good stuff!

12. I have four - two Leeda, one Winds, and one Kana Long - and they are awesome. Gorgeous colors, great quality. I've washed all of them at least once and they do very well in a plain shampoo and a drop or two of fabric softener. Also, I've seen minimal shedding. I highly recommend them.

13. I can't say enough about these wigs:aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea ! I have the Kana long & Kana short in several colors each and in sizes 6-7, 7-8 and 8-9. They fit well, stay on nicely, and wash up beautifully. The colors are rich and they can be styled easily. What's not to like about that:) .

14. Hello, I'm wondering if JPop dolls is a good company ot order from. I'm looking to buy a wig, and I'd like to know things like:
      -Shipping prices
      -Shipping times
      -Customer service
      -Quality of product (though I've heard the wigs are fabulous & love them already)
      -General feedback

And also, how their Ebay store compares?

Thanks in advance ♥

15. I only have one and I love it. It's really soft and looks like real hair:)

Edit:
      -Shipping prices; They usually charge $4.60 in US
      -Shipping times: Really fast. I had my wig before I expected.
      -Customer service: They are really nice and always write back quickly.
      -Quality of product (though I've heard the wigs are fabulous & love them already): very good. It feels better than real hair. I wish mine felt that way LOL
      -General feedback: 10/10 :)

16. Grace, of Jpop, lives in the US. All the wigs ship priority in the US and come super fast. The quality of the service is the best.

The wigs are fantastic. Jpop is constantly coming out with new designs and colors. The fibers are so silky and soft. The wigs do run a bit small, but some come with extremely stretchy caps as well.

With the Jpop collection, I find that the wigs can be limited. If you like something you have to buy it before it goes out of stock or you may never find it in stock again.

The ebay store and online store are the same person. I have never had a long wait from either place. I have even shopped through email. You do have to consider that it is a real person, and that things in life do come up and sometimes things are delayed.

17. I agree with what others have said. The fibers are very fine and soft, absolutely gorgeous (and it's hard for me not to pet them, lol!). But they do take a little extra care to keep the flyaways and tangles at bay.

Also, I've always had great customer service, and super-fast shipping in the US.

The super-stretchy elastic on the wigs is just about perfect, too. It helps keep them snug on the doll's head without needing to use velcro or moleskin.

18. Oh, wonderful! Thank you guys so much. They sound really good. Now all I need to do is decide which wig to order xD

19. Good luck with that... :D I just usually end up with one of each. Or sometimes two ;)

Ok, so I exaggerate, but yes, they're wonderful wigs.

20. Looks like you've already been convinced, but I'm here to tell you that I have several of Grace's wigs and they are awesome! In fact, I just ordered another one this past weekend!

I've ordered from both the website and the ebay store and had no problems with either one.