1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Junga D Skull Discussion

Jul 27, 2010

1. It's quite interesting to see the Junga Toy's website:
      Before the first skull box opening was posted, the price was 50 USD. Than it was quickly sold out and others should have waited some time (announced was till 8/10). The price increased to 60 USD.
      Today (or maybe yesterday, not sure, I was not checking them daily), the waiting time is prolonged for 2 days and the price increased again; to 65 USD this time.

Wonder, how high they are going to go.
      (And one would think with the increased production quantity, the actual cost of a product should get lower)
      ;)

2. Well, I think jungatoy never had so many people buying their products till now, and now they realize that their skull is getting much popularity, they won't miss out the chance to get more money from the skull ^^;;;;
      Kinda "cheating", but oh well, at least it's not very expensive... (I hope there's no "yet" here -___-)

I want to see what everyone will do with this happy little skull ^o^

3. Oh my gosh, that would have been perfect for my Japanese ghost girl I am creating. It's sold out though...and my heart has just been shattered. :(

Now I don't know where I'll ever find one...

*cries*

4. QuietYurei, read the posts above. The price is being raised a bit, but the skulls ARE going to be restocked.

5. Reminds me of a thread somebody posted about 'How much a doll actually cost'. This is a good example.
      But it's something refreshing with the movable jaw. Like the joint hands were.
      Would be good if they make different sizes eventually.

Want to see more when more people get and finish them, too.

Don't worry, they are not going to miss this selling opportunity.
      They will just let people wait a bit and get crazy and than release them. ;)

6. He would be sooo cool for Halloween :aeyepop: Im a bit of a halloween nut. I cant wait to see what you do with him!

7. I really need to tell you that I had some e-mail contact with the sculpturer of those fabulous skulls, and he is a very kind person! He feels sorry about the waiting time for next restock and the price adjustment - he is really not doing this to cheat on people or wants to get rich now.
      Jungatoy is really new to BJD, and didn't have much experience with the sales stuff yet. They just didn't want to start off with expensive prices like many other companies, first they wanted to introduce their work to the people. Many people said that this skull was sold below its worth compared to usual BJD companies. I completely unterstand this and also really think it's ok, the product is very good quality and really an unique idea! Also the new price now is not too expensive compared to other companies.
      Jungmi usually sculpts real figures and is working to release an own 1/6 doll brand one day! I'd really would like to see his new projects soon, and also hope there will be more things for BJD like this great skull! Maybe a little skull for Yo-SD size? This would be on my wishlist! *prays*

8. 7.8cm, so this will fit well w/ a MSD body?

9. I hope, the cheating note was not because of my comment earlier :sweat, it wasn't my intention. I personally think it was a bit underpriced, too. If I consider all the work the artist must do to create something new. [Nevertheless it was still interesting to see the changes… from non-bjd point of view.]
      And waiting in bjd world is pretty normal, so until they announce they want to stop production, it’s ok.

*still wishing for different sizes (70cm maybe?)*

10. I've been waiting ages for something like this to appear~

11. @Tsukasa: I'm so sorry if it had seemed that I wrote this because of your comment - it really wasn't because of you or other comments here. Actually I didn't read anyone who was angry and felt cheated about the price adjustment, I think most of you also agree the new price is still fair. It was just an explanation in case people are wondering and might think it was unfair to raise the price after first sale.
      Jungmi was very happy to read all your comments and how you like his skull!!

12. Oh there is sold out now !!! the two heads skull !!

13. There will be more soon don't worry.

14. It would be cool if they make other parts, too. Like any skeleton arm and hand.
      Legs would be probably troublesome since a different length would influence the stability, but slightly shorter / longer arm is ok. (Speaking for having mechanical arms on other companies’ dolls without any problem).
      *seeing zombies coming* ;)

:thumbup They seem like a company that listen to what [potential] customers are saying. Reminds me Angelheim.

15. Thanks so much for the link; I just purchased one. My birthday is around Halloween, and I'm nuts for stuff like this. Can't wait for it to get here!

16. Glad to hear that more of these will be offered, I'm a big zombie fan and have plans to make some zombie dolls. This skull is just perfect for that, as well as decayed mummies, Discworld's Death, and many other skull-headed characters. I agree that the new price is still very reasonable!
      Look forward to seeing what everyone does with theirs! That movable jaw really makes the skull head special. :)

17. OMG - I love it!!

18. LOL too cool
      I said long ago that someone should order a skull from DIM (a minimee)

19. Wow, they're sold out again. In less than 2 days, they are indeed popular.

20. omg awesome skeleton head is awesome!! :chibi i searched on their site and they also have this head that's a smooth skull but no facial features (mouth, nose) it only has eyes. it looks like an alien! xD