1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Junga D Skull Discussion

Jul 27, 2010

1. homigawsh Do want. :D Whoops! There goes another thing on my wishlist.

2. That's a head base for sculpting. I ordered one about a week ago, and I've already sculpted the head I want on it! :)
      [​IMG]
      See?

3. Cool dude! What body are you planning for it?
      What moddeling substance did you use? I'm thinking of get one but am worried the clay might not adhere to the resin. (it is resin, right?)

4. Thanks! :D

I just ordered an AoD body, SMG Male Version One for him (I might need to do some modding to the neck hole). I used LaDoll Satin Smooth Clay and then coated it with Minwax Clear Satin Polyurethane spray.

And yes, the head is resin, and the LaDoll sticks to it like a champ. :3

5. It looks nice, SSChan. :)
      Will be interesting to see how it fits the body. Somebody mentioned earlier it's 'smaller' SD size (?).

Jungatoy has some tutorials on making a head here(1) and here(2).

6. Amazingness, if they weren't already sold out, i would be buying one

7. I love the face and eyes in that tutorial it's "OMG what are you doing?!...akh what is that? OMG!"

8. Good news everyone! I attempted to start a Jungatoy database yesterday, specifically for D.Skull and it's been approved! The mods have also officially ruled him as on topic for the DOA! Woohoo!!! ^_^

9. Iee! I just ordered one from Notdoll. It was $3 more after shipping that way, but eh. At least he's on his way. :D

I feel like one of my greatest dolly dreams came true today. :D

10. Nice! Halloween is coming earlier this year. :mwahaha
      Can't wait to see the skulls gathering. [link]

Will it be for the D.Skulls only or also for the D.head base creations?

Didn't know that Notdoll is selling them, too. So no more craziness about sold out skulls. :)

11. not very detail, but i like it.

12. Well, I just got mine in not quite an hour ago, and he fits my IpleHouse JID boy body perfectly. :o
      There would have to be some serious modding of neck, for him to fit a bigger body. I'm going to try him on a few bodies around here and hopefully get pix up later on.
      I'm still thinking of possibly putting him on a thinner, 60cm range body, although I'm Not looking forward to taking 2cm off the neck. I just don't see Pratchett's character Death, as a short guy. (unless he's the Death of Rats! ;) But then that would be a different skull! )

13. I do love this head :aheartbea Although I'm disappointed that is seems he won't fit on a SD body. I had hoped to use him as an alternative head for a Spiritdoll Yew that I plan in getting soon. I'll perhaps have to find another character for him because I still want to get one!!

aernath: On the bright side, if you made an MSD size Death you could easily find a horse for him. I'd love to see Death and Binky in a photoshoot :lol:

Ooh all this talk of Terry Prattchet makes me wanna go read The Colour of Magic again :whee:

14. You know, the more I think about it, the more I believe that he would fit on the smaller/older SD bodies! You know the ones that were around 60cm like Elfdoll Homme, the older IH boys, things like that. And looking at the neck flange he has, I have a funny feeling that with some sanding to him I think he could fit on some of the wider neck bases.
      Tsukasa: There's a whole catagory for Jungatoy in the database, and the sub category for the D.Skull, I'd say give it a shot at making one for the D.Head, I can't see why they wouldn't allow it ^_^

15. A rat skull would be something!
      [​IMG]
      Death of Rats in tiny size. :lol:

I'm thinking of buying the D.base and trying something. I don't think it's going to be a nice artistic performance that others would like to see (I've never sculpted a head before), but it'll definitely be a lot of fun.

16. This would be great with the new pumpkin head from luts/delf. Happy Halloween!

17. *_* Oh dang it!! How could you do this to me Haru-Jen!! :lol:

18. My goodness. How creepy. xD His eyes are so big and bright and cute, but that silver paint is like. AUGH.
      I think he looks cool. It's so different. :D

19. Ha, I just saw this guy a couple days ago, and immediately my brain came up with a character, without my knowing it. Then my brain slapped me in the face with the idea, and I can't stop myself now. I haven't bought him YET, but it's SO happening now.

The character, who I'm just calling Rot, is a sort of zombie-esque decaying man, skull exposed obviously, who goes around collecting dead things and wears nothing but skins and furs....

He's going to be SD size, and for total creep factor I'm going to use REAL skins and furs for his clothes, obtained a cruelty-free as possible, of course. I'm going to make him a mouse-fur coat out of the mice our cat brings us. He's going to terrify small children, holy crap.

I love bones, and dead things, but mostly bones and fur.

Also, if you have any comments\complaints\flames\ with my skinning mice, don't post it here. PM me if you MUST, and I'll explain to you why I do it and how I feel about it, but that's SO off-topic, let's keep it out of the forums, okay? Thank you.