1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Thought: BJD Persocoms?

Nov 15, 2008

1. actually I've been scheming up a BJD design. Though far from anything that would really work yet, it's based on my love for Sumomo XD

I'm trying to make a 6in. tall (which is actually how tall Sumomo is >w<) and trying to somehow make her into a USB flash drive. I'm also trying to make it so there can be a retractable wire that comes from her ear or her back or something to plug into the computer so she can sit on my desk at the same time. Eventually I'd also like to rig some LED eyes or somethin >w< Oh horray for Tech Junkies lol xD

2. Something difficult to dealt with here is keeping the BJD "Ball-Jointed" and still allowing it move. In the other thread, it is not a Ball-Jointed (however it was) doll anymore. It might be possible to cover the gears with a ball shape, but it would not necessarily be "ball-jointed" anymore.

Unfortunately, if they do come to be, there's a chance they may rule "OT" for the forum.

3. That would probably be the most amazing, cutest thing EVER.

4. ha.we were talking about robots in my space engine.and tech. class and my friend mentioned Chobits.I believe it is possible.

5. I definitely believe we're not too far from being able to do something similar. I'd say if a team really decided to sit down and devotedly work on the project, it could only take a few years to conjure up. I would personally LOVE to see this happen, and I'd especially love to get one for myself.
      Now, as far as "personalities" go, I'd say that would be rather controversial for quite some time. On one hand, if you could kind of program the doll to have a certain type of personality, then that would benefit a lot of people, but on the other hand, if they could do that, what would stop someone from making a killer or something? I know I probably sound weird right now, but it's just what crossed my head. I honestly love the idea of personalities embedded into the doll, but everything has its consequences.

6. When I first saw something about Volks doing a "Robofie" I squeed with joy becuase I thought they were going for a moving BJD, sadly it was just a big orange robot thing... XD

But yes, make me sturdy little Sumomo-like mobile persocom and I'm all game!^^

7. I would think that'd be AWESOME!
      It'd be cool if the BJD persocom-thing would have the personality we want it to have. Not just like stereotypical-blahblah, y'know? :3 Like, we could program it the way we want.

8. I think the technology is there, it's just whether some one has already attempted it or not.

9. I would love if there were BJDs that were like persocoms. I'd think of them as real company if they had a feeling of tone to their voices if they had a program to that. I mean, I do rather get lonely at times since I'm not allowed a pet and my boy keeps me company when I can't go out. :\ It may be sad that my boy keeps me company (an inanimate object!), but whatever, he keeps me company.

I'd just like to see some "life" in my boy and future dolls. It's be rather cute seeing them run around and such. :3

10. This would be interesting... and interesting for our pockets!

What I mean is, it would really be nice to have BJD persocoms, since they've been serving as our companion, daughters/sons and friends (I'm talking about special bond with our dolls). And sometimes it feels disappointing when they're not responding (and they're just responding in our thoughts). Imagine how it would feel having them walk, talk and eat with you. :fangirl: Kakoii!

But then it would really mean saving tons of moolah. Today, the price of just plain BJD (not persocoms) is expensive... what more if they become persocoms. *_*

11. that would be very interesting seeing BJD's as persicomes but most likely they would have to make the insides really different just picturing how it would work out boggles my mind but i would surely save up for one if it was real

12. although it would be amazing and cool to do that, i would rather have a real persocom or a normal silent doll ^_^ ... it would be a little too clunky to be a good "manager" of my technologic information and the all that extra stuff would be a distraction from the beauty of the doll.

13. Not weird at all. If the technology exist and is cost effective (meaning it cost less than to provide for a human soldier to create an artificial one and maintain it) it will be used for military purposes. At least that is what I believe. It is totally scary. This is part of the reason I do not like the idea at all. God if my Nono could act out her personality...I don't think I last long lol.

14. As an idea, I think, it sounds amazing. If persocoms existed and were as amazing in every way as the Chobits persocoms - with the personailty, the functions as computers, the perfect movement - then it'd fast be one of those things that "if I had the money, I'd buy one.*" But, there are some major issues I'd consider if my doll was going to become that robot/creature - would it even be possible? Technology aside: resin, elastic, glass, fibre as the basis ofa computer?

(* - If I had the money, I'd own more dolls and I'd have a fully working snazzy new laptop. As it is, I seriously prioritise things I want - manga books, my favourite doll sculpts, second-hand doll clothes - against things I don't really need. A working doll-computer would not be something I'd save for, in all honesty.)

However: part of the major appeal of the dolls for me, of the doll I own and the dolls I plan to buy, is that once I assemble the body and head from the companies, the wigs and shoes and face-up from people on here, it's somthing unique. There is no personality chip that makes it who it is - it has a personality because I was creative and I gave it that character. When my computer needs replacing, when I go to Uni and a person who could help me with my housework AND surf the internet for me would be a godsend - sure, I would love a persocom. But I wouldn't want it to come and take over my doll. he's something which isn't influenced by other people - my friends could turn on me, which would hurt me so much, but my doll would still be beautiful and still and peaceful and wonderfully dressed and a doll. Something safe and beautiful and undamaged.

Eh, I'm making no sense. I wouldn't want my doll to become my computer. Simple as that, even if the idea of a persocom appeals to me.

Finally : assuming it is possible to create a dolly persocom, would you *really* want this computer-of-all-work made out of resin and elastic? Perhaps ball-joints are feasable; perhaps interchangeable eyes and wigs would be cool. But we have to consider where we draw the line of BJD and BJD-like in not enough ways. Would the persocom have Chi's beautiful, expressive face? That couldn't be made from resin - how would she smile, or mouth the word "Chiii?". I'm not sure they'd be the BJD we know and love anymore, even if they had some of the qualities many BJD have - ethereal beauty, a facility to customise etc.

15. Oh I think it is doable to have mini persocoms in out bjds. They might not even be that heavy but I dont know if I would want one or not.

I am still deciding . I think persacoms are cool and if they really had them I probably would want one but a 60 cm one.. I dont think so maybe if it was like Sumomo yes that is easy enough to carry around with you on the go.

16. i was looking at odette the other day, sitting on my HDs, and i though...i wish she was a persercom/ if i had one she'd be that size, like kotoko X3
      it'd be so awesome :D

17. actually we may not be as far away from chobits as we think. There is a new system being developed called B.R.A.I.N.S. it's giving androids more ability to be life like! don't believe me? check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLMeS2Y8LY

18. Wow, I didn't know we were so close to already having "persocoms".

I would love it if my doll could talk to me, and move on her own.(It'd make conversations much better, and she could choose to hug me back if she wanted.)

Although If the technology comes out to do such, I think I would leave her how she is now. Yet I would buy one of the new "dolls" who would be a persocom. (Mainly because I love my girl how she is, but I would also love to have one that could talk, move, and other things.)