1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

k-doll discussion

Apr 7, 2005

1. Wow. He is perfect for a character of mine - I love the smile. Can you order him with face-up or is it just a blank head?

2. You can only order them blank. :C Sad, because the face-ups they-re shown with are beautiful.

3. I'm defintely getting him! I wanted a kael, a smiley head for one of my characters, but I think this head fits!

4. Darn it. Hmm, maybe I could get someone to to create a face-up that is slightly similar because I really love Karen's sculp.

5. I want to see more of Karen before I decide if I like him. I really like the Karon mold and the new additions to the Karen is not really noticable to me (faceup is gorgeous though :D). Also, This pre-order period, is it just for the Karen head? *wants a Kael*

6. The website is still down (hah, I'm guessing because of the massive influx of visitors), so you'll have to keep checking. I'm not so sure myself about the order period.

Mmm, I love Kael. What a cutie. C: I love the little open mouth.

7. O gosh~! *already owns 2 Kamyu's and a karon* I want the Karen~!!!! <3
      It makes a change from the sulky face, and it's almost like an evil smirk, I love it

8. I think I read somewhere that he goes on sale from the 5th. However, I wouldn't quote me because I have a poor memory. The site STILL down - man!!

What's the quality like because the more I look at Karen, the more I fall in love with that smirk :lol:

9. The quality of K-doll is very good. When they first come, I've noticed that there is a bit of graininess to the touch, as opposed to most resins that come all plastic looking when new. That has given me absolutely no problem with face-ups though and mine is smooth now so I think it's more of a new head thing. My friend also did a face-up on one, and she's rather picky, and didn't have issues with it unlike a good many others. The resin is a very nice resin though- not cheap. I would put on Luts level in general so very good though not the best. This is only my talk having handled and modded many different resins though, so take it with a grain of salt. I also had no problems with my Karon head as far as consistency or air bubbles. I have had the magnet come out, but that happens with any brand that has magnets from time to time and is an easy fix with a little supper glue.

10. Ooh, thank you for the information!!! <333
      Good to know they're not just pretty, they're good quality too. C:

11. The sale is on the 5th to the 15th of May!!

Yeah, the heads are of very good quality, but it tends to yellow easier that other companies. (IMO)

12. Really? Mine is WS and he's stayed the same (unless is body has yellowed at the same rate, which I doubt xD;;) now luts- that' I've had yellow. Granted, I haven't had a new head to compare him with xD;;;

13. Bird of hermes>> Singapore has high humidty and sunshine all day. OTL Most of my heads, even with keeping them in boxes yellowed. OTL

14. aw- poor Milodrums!! I understand the humity- it gets us here too T_T white skin, I love it and yet the dangers... I'm sorry all your darlings yellow

15. :aheartbea

Oh, K-Doll. I really love their style. There's always a dark edge to their dolls.

16. Bird of Hermes, thanks for the info about the quality of the heads. You have convinced my to buy one :)

Just wondering what the best resin comparisons are, asides from Volks and Luts.

17. Bird of Hermes>> Yeah, everyone here complains about the weather everyday haha

I hope Blood releases a picture of him without faceup!!

18. Bexii: I have the white skin on a white skin Domuya Flexi body and for me with that particular cast it is a lovely match (and the bodies will go on sale for 200 or so- which is a great deal to snatch up ) here's a photo- not the best, but it's the closest I have the body to the face ^_^;
      [​IMG]

that said, I'm sure each of her casts shift some so it might be a little diff. There is a thread about this somewhere though...

milodrums:I bet- humidity is horrible! makes the hot hotter and the cold colder.

19. beautiful boy BirdofHermes :) very nice photo!
      wanted to bump, did anyone else get a Karen?
      has anyone checked kdoll recently? there seems to be a new head in the works, "Kasis"
      cant really see him/her too well, but the eyes look squintier and jawline more pronouced. Kant wait to see it! :D

20. Hello, everyone! :> I just ordered a Karon head with the order period that's going on right now. I hope it's alright to post in here, as it has not been posted in since 2008, but if I made a new discussion, my post would probably just be moved here anyway! ^^;