1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaye Wiggs Kazekids Tiny Doll discussion Part 1

Mar 31, 2008

1. Talyssa is adorable - does she pose better than the other ones?

2. Not really. None of these dolls pose very well (compared to other bjds) but I try make the best of their limitations. As with most dolls, you just have to get used to them, and figure out what they can and can't do, and take the time to try coax them to do what you want. It can be frustrating, but the dolls are so cute, that it's worth the effort to try.

Here Cinnamon and Tillie are checking out Talyssa's 'boo-boo'. She had a broken finger, which i glued back on and covered with a tiny bandaid. (Jpop has ordered her a new hand)
      [​IMG]

3. lol, I dearly love my Cinnamon and Tillie dolls. The posing might not be great, but they are just so darn cute.
      @MB Lilac Talyssa looks great with them and Jpop is very good about making sure all of Kaye's Kids arrive in great shape, plus she was able to help me out on an issue with a doll I'd had for a while. I really appreciate the people at Jpop.

4. I love my Cinnamon and Tillie too.
      In the meantime, while we wait for a new hand, my Talyssa has a bandaid on her 'sore' finger.
      [​IMG]

5. Oh no! Did poor Talyssa have an accident?

Teddy

6. That face, I love tiny Talyssa, and your picture of her is wonderful. Her little hand adds a lot of character. I'd be keeping both hands and use the booboo hand for the "victim" photo shoot, or the "I really need a hug" ones.

7. @Teddy - when she arrived, and I started to dress her, the middle finger on her right hand just popped off. I wasn't being rough at all, and was rather shocked. But Grace will send me a new hand.
      @oriscany - the little bandaid is rather cute, but I suspect a broken finger would devalue the doll, so I'm glad to be getting a new hand.

8. Yeek! I can imagine. Glad to hear she'll soon be whole again

Teddy

9. lol...Keep both. That's the ticket.... :D

10. @Teddy - I'm not sure about "soon", but eventually.

In the meantime it doesn't prevent her from helping out cleaning up all the fallen leaves....
      [​IMG]

11. I'd be tempted to keep the hand with the bandaid on as her regular hand and put the replacement aside for purposes retaining the value of the doll.

Teddy

#371 Teddy, Nov 14, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    12. @Teddy - That's what I'm thinking as well

13. Hi all,
      I'm really new to the Kaye Wiggs dolls. I managed to get a Tiny Talyssa in Coffee Tan, and she really is adorable!
      Having said that, I must admit her poseability is not as well as that of my other YOSD size BJD's, but she's really cute.

[​IMG]

Some more pictures of her in my Flickr album:Kaye Wiggs

14. Would wiring her help with that?

Teddy

15. It might. I've not tried. My KW tinies don't get out much as I find them extremely frustrating to pose. The worst are the legs that keep rotating in their sockets, and then the very limited two positions of the torso joint. I'm also finding that my Talyssa can't look down at all, and that's an important position that I use a lot with my other dolls. It's hard to get her to interact with the other dolls when she's just staring straight ahead into space. I'm wondering if that plastic ring thing inside her neck joint hinders her head movement.

16. My DollsTown dolls had that problem and I found that sueding the joints helped a great deal (they also needed wiring so they could pose better and hold the pose.

Teddy

17. Maybe I should try wiring them then.

18. They're small enough that you could probably try with pipecleaners from a craft store as a quick and chep way of trying it out to see ifg it helps, and invest in proper armature wire if it works.

Teddy

19. No problem. I have all gauges of wire on hand.

20. I would love to know if wiring works, @MB Lilac , and what kind of wire would work best