1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaye Wiggs mini dolls discussion Part 3

Sep 12, 2015

1. I've not posted in here in ages, I'd sort of lost interest in my Kaye girls.... :( A friend of mine even suggested that maybe I should put my Hope up for adoption, however, a funny thing happened on the way to Evilbay.....I fell back in love with her, and can honestly say that over the last week or so, Hope has become one of my favourites of all my dolls and she ain't going nowhere!!!! Thank goodness I came to my senses in time!
      I took her to the beach today for our Sunday morning walk, and she really is such a sweetie, what on earth was I thinking!!!!

[​IMG]

2. she is a lovely girl! i tend to go through phases with mine, playing more with one than another for a while, but i try not to make any decisions to rehome unless i have lost all interest, or never "bonded" in the first place and a new faceup/wig or clothes doesn't fix it.

3. You already know my feelings on your gorgeous Hope, Sharon - I'm very happy she's staying with you :D

4. Thanks very much auntbear! I'm the same but just lately my bigger girls just didn't do anything for me, but I'm so happy now that I've made my decision and she's staying. I now need to make her a new wig as she's borrowed this one from someone else and it's not a good fit, and then when I get a chance she'll get a new outfit or two!

I do indeed Kathryn! Thanks though, I'm glad you like my Hope :)

5. Ohhhh, dambuster -- sure glad you are keeping your beautiful Hope ! Wow, what a photo.

6. Thanks so much ruskyles, I'm glad you like her and the photo :)

7. Im so glad you came to your senses!!! She is absolutely stunning :love:D

8. Hi! I have been lurking this thread for quite some time, but only now got the courage to actually post something here. This is my Lottie. She is a sunkissed version of the Layla sculpt. I am so in love with these cuties and currently have three Kaye Wiggs dolls in my collection. I find their faces to be so wonderfully expressive.

[​IMG]Lottie - Kaye Wiggs SK Layla by Mercedes010, on Flickr

9. what a pretty girl! that creamy wig really accents her skin tone

10. Oh, Kaye Wiggs very pretty bjd!

11. Thank you for liking my Lottie, Auntbear. :) Here is my other Kaye Wiggs doll, Mei, who is a sunkissed Miki.

[​IMG]Mei - Kaye Wiggs SK Miki by Mercedes010, on Flickr

12. Thanks very much Ridgeley!

Mimosa10 your girls are both gorgeous, soooo pretty! I love your Layla in her light coloured wig!

13. another pretty girl :) (of course i think layla is just a bit cuter, since thats who im waiting for ;))

14. I have to say that I've always loved my Layla too, who is called Loulou, auntbear. She is the younger sister of my Hope and can be very headstrong! ;)
      Here is an old photo of her in an outfit she chose for herself!!!

[​IMG]

15. what a cutie, she has great fasion sense!

16. I am so glad that you are keeping your Hope, dambuster01. She is such an amazing sculpt and very rare as far as I know, so you might regret letting her go. I love how you have styled her, too. She looks so warm and cozy in her lovely outfit. :aheartbea

I have a soft spot for Layla, too, because she was my first KW doll. I also totally agree with auntbear. Dambuster01's Layla has a great fashion sense.

How wonderful that you are getting a Layla, too, auntbear. You will love her to bits as she is a total sweetheart. Can I ask which Layla are you waiting for?

17. im getting an elf on a mei mei body. i'd have loved the sunkissed as that skin tone is gorgeous! but the elf was only available in ns and i wanted the elf more. shes going to be my first kaye wiggs doll, (and with the way our dollar is plummeting lately my last) so im really excited about her

18. LOL Thank you auntbear! She certainly has a style all her own! ;)

Thanks Mimosa. I think you're right on Hope. Someone told me that there were a lot of them made but of course the sculpt won't be made again and not in any other skin tones, so that has made her expensive. If I'd sold her and regretted it, which I'm sure I would have done, I doubt I'd have been able to afford to replace her.
      I was going to say that Layla was also my first KW doll but actually she wasn't, because prior to her I had a Pepper on a Volks SD10 body which I bought directly from Kaye herself some years ago. I only sold her because she was just too big for me....I prefer MSD or smaller.

You will love her auntbear, it's such a cute sculpt. I really like that smaller Mei Mei body and if I could I would have my Layla on it too as she is supposed to be the smaller, younger sister, but of course that body wasn't available when I got mine.

19. i'm sure i will. i've looked at them for a long time, but this was the one that said she really needed to come live with me.

20. You will love her Auntbear, it took me a long time to adopt a KW girl but now I am addicted. They have a magical quality to them, well they do to me and Mei Mei was my first and most adorable :)