1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaykedolls Minis Discussion Thread

Jul 24, 2016

1. Thank you :D It's the vitiligo girl, so she comes with a face-up and everything (ready right from the box eeeee), although I want to change it for a softer one soon :)

2. Omg yesss you bought that one!! I've seen her in person since Kayke is my local group here. She's such a beautiful doll, you won't be disappointed!

3. Hey there folks! Was wondering if we should expand this thread to include Kayke's new Almond and Hasel dolls that are up for preorder?

4. Yes please! :D And Coco, when she is offered for pre-order sometime in the future too. I already pre-ordered Hazel ahah... ^^; It would be great to be able to post them all in one thread.

5. Eeeeeh, my Coffee arrived! She's so beautiful aaaa <3 I want a softer face-up on her though (probably sending her off as soon as I figure out who I want to do it). I also ran the "does she need braids?" test like I do a lot of my dolls (aka putting them in Nivah's wig), and she definitely needs braids. But I'll make hers pure black instead of brown black like Nivah's, and I have a few wigs to finish before.

I'll post the box opening later when I'm slightly less exhausted. But here, meet Titrit <3
      [​IMG]

6. @WinonaFlammery Wooooohooooo! Congrats on her arrival, she's awesome! ♡ The braids look great too. I have an order coming up for a braided wig for a Coffee, so I'm glad it looks so good. ^_^

How cool that you preordered Coco already too! We should definitely include her in the thread expansion if possible.

7. Hey guys!! I'll update the thread! Should I list them all in the title or have the title as "Kaykedolls minis" or something similar and list the sculpts in the first post? Let me know!!!

Congrats on Titrit @WinonaFlammery as I have said she is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do with her!

@Beansproutmomo need more pics of your girl when you have the time pls :sneaky

8. Ahh, thank you, Beansproutmomo <3 It seems like there'll be an army of Coffees in braids, it'll be so awesome I look forward to seeing yours in her wig.

I pre ordered Hazel already, not Coco, but I want Coco too, if her body stays reasonably the same as the first draft :D

Thank you, Allstars! I look forward to getting her styled and ready :D

I think just naming the thread Kaykedolls minis will be good? That way the title stays reasonably short and all mini dolls she sculpts will be included :)

9. Glamazon this one haha. She's really stunning. Love seeing a doll with such full lips! First time I have seen her.

10. Kaykedolls Minis sound good to me, as I plan to only release dolls under 45cm :D

11. I've updated the title and first post :)

I literally want all the dolls at this point :XD: but if i can only get one it will have to be Almond! and Hazel in the future if she's offered again :lol:

I think the braid wig beanprout mentions is the one she is making for me hehe. I'm making one to in the mean time but beansprouts one will be the one! Haha.

What are your plans for your Hazel?:D

12. Yeah, same! But I'm mainly going for Hazel and Coco ahah, and Almond if I can justify more. I'm also waiting for boypink to release Spoon and have to be able to get them too :P

Ahh, I see! That's cool though; then I look forward to seeing it on Moremi instead xD

Hmm, so far I only have a name (Peyomi), a vague idea of face-up (kinda glam with beauty marks), and some different ideas for wigs (cornrows gathered at the top of the head, or a fully pearled wig). The wigs will be so much work though, as I'll have to root instead for cornrows, and pearled wigs also have to be sewn D: But it would look amazing. And she'll probably dress a lot in pinks.
      For character, I'm still working on personality, but she's a make-up artist, and she also does part-time modeling for Song-Hwa, Naminé and WIlhelmina's (who I'm hoping to shell in either Coco or if Oakbottom ever gets Beech finished) clothing company (along with most of the rest of my girls, because that's how most of them know each other ahahah, I have so little creativity at times).

13. ACTUALLY With the new casting company I am using, after the first preorder is finished and the moulds are made- I can order any amount of dolls at any time. Meaning I can always be selling dolls, no minimum or preorder needed! :) Which is a huge relief because it is difficult to sell 10 units at a time.

The way this casting company works is that it costs $230 and a minimum of 3 orders to get the moulds made. After that, it's fair game! So all of my dolls, with the exception of original Coffee, will be available always.

I discontinued Coffee, but I do plan on making a 3D sculpted updated version of her in the future. I will use her original head and headback, I just need to re-sculpt the body (and give her double jointed knees and thighs)

14. I ventured into Coffee trouser making today... I anticipated it being hard due to her very stylised shape, but it was even harder than imagined. I managed to get a decent pair of test trousers, and just got time to start making a more proper pair. Well, the buttoned front of them at least. I went for high-waist first because I really want her in high waist jeans and turtleneck tops.
      [​IMG]

15. I'm late to the party, but here is my lovely Doona!

[​IMG]

16. I just put a dark tan Almond on layaway! Did ya'll even know pre-orders were open? :O Kayke was at Resin Rose BJD Expo this weekend and I kept going back to her table to play with Almond so of course I had to order one before the expo ended even though I'm totally broke. XD;;;

17. KandLDoll Almond pre-order is open! <---where to order

Hi @LegrandDoll ! Can you show a sample of the colors? FDoll doesn't have their colors labeled the same--just "normal", light tan, dark tan, etc.

#37 Raesha, Aug 23, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    18. [​IMG] Here are the colors. Yours is 25th, I believe :D

19. Oooh, awesome, thank you. So dark! Perfecttttttttttt.

20. @LegrandDoll Would it be possible to place a preorder for lavender? I know that caster offers it, but obviously I don't want to make a fuss of the ordering process, and I have no idea how much of a hassle it might be to expand color options.