1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. Like so many on here, my dream doll is a Sard and finally, after wanting him the second I laid eyes on him last year and pining ever since, he is finally coming home.
      Even better he is one of the NS Sard 8, I much prefer NS over WS :aheartbea

When I open the lid of the box will be such a wonderful moment, he's on his way now so hopefully I won't have to wait for too long...:aheartbea:aheartbea

2. I guess if I had to have a dream doll, or one on my wishlist, it would be Souldoll's Hewer, a 70cm Male. But I would also want the outfit he's in, he is so dreamy, he reminds me of a regency era poet, like Lord Byron. On the one hand, I would simply love to own him, but my common sense also tells me- where would he sit?stay? or be stored??:doh 70 cm translates to over 2 ft tall, so he might have to have his own room....:| lol.

Currently waiting on a Soulkid Katie A. in layaway, but I have my eye on Dollzone's Violetta. No matter how many SD's I look at, I keep coming back to her face sculpt- and also Clovera too. So that is the next doll on my wishlist. ;) Along with a Puki Sugar and also a Pippos Cheese Mouse.

3. Volks RM Shinku- it's not only about the anime/manga that the doll is supposed to portray but i really love her face sculpt. There's something about it that I really love but alas she was released when I still haven't known the existance of BJDs. I could've bought her back then... TT-TT Now, i have to wait until I graduate and hunt for her.

4. Crobidoll Mikhail is my dream babeh. I didn't have the monies for him when he came out :(.... but I will keep searching the marketplace hopefull someone will sell him one day XDDD

5. Well I consider myself pretty new to the hobby. I am at just over 2 years now so I only really Flikr-stalked my dream sculp for about one year. :whee:

I wanted a Volks Masha and you know...I never even bothered trying to get her because I did not want to depress myself with second hand market prices. I don't normally see her in the market place in the state I want her anyway. Meaning I want the full doll, head and original body together with no modifications. Well recently I started putting out feelers for my dream dolls just to see. I figured I should at least try? :eusa_pray

Well, my luck was amazing. Another member wrote to me and offered to sell her perfect Masha with box and papers. Her Masha had barely been out of the box because she found that white skinned dolls did not fit with her doll family. So two weeks later Masha was at my house and she is like new. I am so thankful to the DOA member who was so kind and fair to me through out the sale. Masha is such a beautiful beautiful thing. I still can't believe she's mine.

6. I only ever really LONGED for one doll: Volks MSD Hisui. She was my very first dream doll, and I felt that I was destined to get her.

... until Volks phased her out in 2010. :( I was heartbroken when I found out that she was no longer available from Volks. My friend told me that I could still get her via FCS, but that would cost me a small fortune.

A couple of years passed and I ended up adopting my first doll, a Volks SD Kun. I fell in love and wanted her to have a twin, so I scoured the Marketplace for a Kun head for days on end. One morning, I got lazy to browse manually and used the search function. Lo and behold, right under the listing for the Kun head that I wanted, was a listing for a Hisui! I jumped at the chance to get my hands on my very first dream doll.

I'm still paying her off right now (I'm so glad her current owner accepts layaways!), but as far as I'm concerned, my wish has already been granted. :aheartbea

7. The first time I saw Volks Ryoya Konoe my heart stopped. He was the most beautiful doll I had ever seen. I then saw the words Dolpa, 2009 and limited and was heartbroken. I thought then that not only would he be almost impossible to find but if I did find him he would be too expensive for me.
      Fast forward a couple of years, I have now several dolls and some of them cost a lot more then I ever thought I would spend on a single doll. One day I decided that it was time for me to get a Ryoya no matter what.
      In just two weeks I found a SDGr body on Mandarake, his fullset outfit on Ebay and his head here on the MP. I did what many here find to be taboo and got a loan. He is now sitting here right next to me and he is all I ever dreamed he would be. I am still paying off that loan but I regret nothing. It was all worth it!

When I am debt free it is time to hunt down Hikaru Genji and Hijikata Toshizo. Hell yeah!

Don't ever give up ladies and gents! It might take time and you might get many disappointments but if you are determined enough it is possible to get that grail doll of yours!

8. I'm lucky- the doll I wanted most isn't rare or too expensive, but it still took over ten months from the day I found her to the day I got her home. And although I didn't spend as much or wait as long as many of the patient people on this thread, I think I was just as excited to finally have her! When I first discovered this hobby and saw the prices of the dolls, I didn't think I'd ever own one myself, so I feel very lucky :)
      I'm so happy for everyone who's been able to find and own their ideal doll! Good luck to you all who are still waiting- it'll happen!

9. I jumped into this hobby by buying a doll pretty soon after discovering it so I didn't have much time to dream over any dolls. I did fall head over heels for Idealians but lucked out by finding one for sale with a layaway option soon after I started looking. There are dolls that I adore and would love to have but for the most part I'm not willing to put enough into finding them/purchasing them and will probably just have to adore them from a distance.

I have gotten more aggressive about purchasing dolls I want when they are available even if it means a layaway though because I've decided it's easier that way than to wait and have regrets later :)

10. I've got several dream dolls- the perfect list in my mind. However, I'm very lucky to have gotten a hold of most of these. All that seems to be left now, is an F-01.

We can't ship from Volks to Australia, and I find that everytime one of these lovelies comes up, I always manage to miss her because of money issues. I'm hoping that one day soon, I can have her come home <3

11. Since I discovered the hobby my dreamdoll is BID Efreet. But he is sold out and I haven't seen him for sale in the right skin colour yet. But thanks to the wonderful people on these forums I now know I can still order him from IH so I will own my dreamdoll in a few weeks. This is just such an amazing feeling, I can't wait to get him.
      I know it is not as hard to get him as to get most of the dream dolls you guys in this thread had. But to me there is just adream coming true!

12. my dream dolls are Arvid from ipplehouse and phonolus from soom! <3 Arvid i am getting soon, phonolus is gone :( though i can always get him from a second hand owner or wait for soom to open an event sale :) OMg the day they come home i am going to fly through the roof due to an explosion of happiness!!!! XD

13. My Dream Dolls are:
      -DearMine Irene (Going to order her soon :XD:)
      -DearMine Black Castle Loc (I dunno if they will make him again, but I love his fullset too and I know I will never have a chance at that again :()
      -Fairyland Minifee Elf Assassin Karsh (Again love fullset, but I can still get the basic)
      -DoD Limited Delphine (Everybody wants this doll I will never get her :...()

So there is my sad/happy story. Half the dolls I can get :celebrateone I pray for everyday :eusa_pray & the other is impossible :sigh

14. My dream doll was a Elfdoll Soah. I wanted her since I started collecting my girls. But she cost so much and was always limited when she came out so I never got a chance to have one. I was super lucky and someone this year was selling a smiling Soah head with a gorges faceup for a good price. Now the poor thing just needs a body. I even have an outfit for her but no body. But I'm saving and its the next thing I will be getting.

15. I was really hoping to get a LaTiDoll Momo Elf, but I haven't seen one for sale anywhere. I'm considering just buying the default Momo and getting her modded.

16. ha! almost 3 years later and i'm just now doing my ""introduction"", only it's not really an introduction, and i'm not exactly eligible for newbieland. o__o
      This is more of.... An ongoing about my journey.
      I was actually really, REALLY inactive on the forums and when i was active (couple month periods) i just sort of surfed.. watched and lingered in the shadows for these past years, and i've changed a lot, and so have my opinions on dolls and their looks.

I'm really wanting to get into this hobby more than ever. I need someone or something that would help occupy me from.. Drama, let's just put it at that, and i think that a doll would be perfect.
      And i think i've found my dream doll.. Or.. More over, i realized who she was.
      Honestly i started out liking the really chubby cheeked more anime typed dolls a couple years back, i got older and now i'm all for the more realistic ones. I wanted a doll with a great amount of flexibility and the perfect face for my character, something that would have that nice warm and welcoming feel. I thought recently "i'll get a doll with a very realistic face" and kept downing on MNF's even though i've always loved them.
      I spent nearly 12 hours (around 5am i started doing this) plus some more hours from yesterdays and days before.) I watched videos of people's dolls, box openings, mishaps, reading stories, looking at pictures. I kept avoiding the MNF faces.. Silly me. I was trying to get a very realistic face for character purposes (trying to find something to make my OC into, but the thing is i don't know what she looks like entirely, i just know WHO she is, because my OC is, in fact, the side of me locked away in a shell.
      I wasn't thinking entirely on her personality and couldn't find anything that screamed that it was her.
      I decided to break down and look at the MNF's anyways since i love their posing abilities (might have to get one modded to slouch forward at least a little bit better, and maybe slight modding on the nose, dunno)
      I kept doing something horrible... I was avoiding the doll i knew i had fallen in ABSOLUTE LOVE with at first sight. The MNF Mirwen. I figured, i'm never going to have her, so why bother.
      This was my problem. I decided i would look around at people's pictures for some more encouragement. And that's when i saw THE doll that struck the sculpt into my heart like a lighting bolt that started a wildfire.
      She was sold on the MP, but i'll never have THAT particular doll, and i know this, nor mind because i also want my own kick to the doll of course.
      But the thing is, the doll that i saw was exactly how i pictured my own being, it was the face up that i imagined (VERY slight differences, I imagine her with the way i do my makeup but slightly different and i want her to have a 'sun-kissed' styled blushing.
      Sort of like this but more reddish to give the effect i want and a little more onto the tip of the nose and without the freckles:
      [​IMG]

The doll is supposed to be a reflection of myself, and her back story is something that i will never reveal until i do indeed get my dream doll, and her name probably wont be either.
      The doll wont be JUST a doll for me, it literally will be a part of me, and also a subject to my rapidly growing art hobby! :D

I had to share this story with you all, to let you know of my BJD journey that i went through before introducing myself.

Although i honestly would love to have her in a 27cm size or so, but they just don't make 27cms the way i want them, and they'd probably look like a barbie. That and it would make things easier for when i decide to get her a smaller companion.
      As for the larger male companion.. That will be a pain..

Although.. Sadly i will be at LEAST a year before i get a doll for myself.. and i'll more than likely have to wait longer since there's only so many Mirwens out there and i might not ever be lucky enough to grab her.. if not then i do believe my doll dreams will be crushed, because she is the only doll i find fitting and it has very very strong sentimental purposes. *_*

Wish me luck!

What's your story? :D

17. Getting my Petsha took a lot of gumption from me plus some pushing from my friends. I had been wanting to get one and had been in the midst of getting her, but that got a bit waylaid due to a bit of fiasco. I stuck to my guns and kept my New Year's money just to get her with some extra effects. In the end I was more than happy & did not feel regret in getting her. I still have yet to open or use other parts that came with her, but I think she'll be my keeper. I know one thing for sure thus far, I have yet to fall "in love" with another doll. XD I do have a bit of dilemma with Petsha's large bust, but overall I am content. It takes me awhile to glomp onto something ... but when I do, oh dear, I tend to keep watch for several years but even then I may not do anything.

18. I fell in love with Dollzone Leslie's website pics, but at the time he came out, I had too many other doll projects going and kept putting him off. Then Dollzone changed their tan resin to a more orange translucent color, and I despaired of ever finding one in the old opaque paler tan. I wanted him to look like the one on the website!

Happily one day, I found a seller here at DoA who was offering one! I couldn't believe my eyes, because a Leslie of ANY color is rare here! I made an offer and brought him home as soon as I could. He was blank but I had his faceup done in a similar style as on the website.

[​IMG]

Dollzone no longer offers tan resin (again), so Leslie is only available in normal and white from them.

One of my other dream dolls is Volks SDC Renee, but she is one I may NEVER find! I haven't searched for her as much lately, but still love her.

Linda S.
      galatia9

19. My only dream doll is a Souldoll Shiva with four arms. It took me nearly five years to make her mine.
      When I discovered her she was on sale on Souldoll website. It was (and still is) a limited doll. As I was a student I could not afford her!
      I finally found her here on DOA and I got her in january :D

20. I have so many dream dolls. But I am not losing hope. This year after so many cries, working hard, and tons of researches, I finaly decided to adopt a dollie. I am looking forward into buying my other dream dolls.