1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. My dream doll became my dream doll after I got her. I had owned a BC Roko, but the limited posing of the arms bothered me. I sold her. I looked for a while on the market place and saw a SWD Suzzana with slightly more open eyes. I wasn't to sure, but she had been on the market for a while, and I kept coming back to her. I finally offered a trade. It worked out. It took months of work to get her just right, and a scary moment with a knife when finishing out her eyes, but now she is perfect! I love her to bits!
      My other dream doll would be my Elf Chiwoo. I looked at him for about a year on Luts, and when a really good deal came up on the market place, he was mine!
      Last, I would like to someday own an Elf Shiwoo! He is one I would love to have, but Can't and won't afford $1,000+ for a doll. So I hope for a re-release of him. Someday, I hope!

2. I would like to hear your story about a doll or dolls that was limited, or rare and how you finally obtained that special doll.

3. I don't see me getting a Volks Yugiri any time soon, but that mold is definitely my dream doll. I just love the face- especially the pouty lips, and the sculpt on its own seems rather versatile. :)

But alas, I can seldom find one on the marketplace. Nor am I able to drop $500 on a head. u___u;

4. Hmmmm. I have to say my dream doll was the first one I really SAW (that is, payed attention to) which was a Elfdoll Soah. My only problem? I don't want an SD sized doll. So she'll probably remain a dream doll.

5. I want an f-16 or School A more than anything. Both were the first dolls I ever saw that made my heart beat faster and caused me to forget to breathe. I just don't think I'm going to be able to pay even retail for one. So right now I'm saving for a head and hopefully on will be for sale when I get enough. Then maybe I will be able to afford a body later.
      Someday my holy grail of dolls will come home!

6. My dream doll was a Lati yellow Lea and right when I had the money, someone emailed me and told me they had a tanned Lea for sale. That's how it always works for me.
      I am blessed! :)

7. Um well, my doll hasnt arrived but The first doll I fell for was a DOT Sha. Several owner pics later I was cmpletely smitten. Even printed out a pic to paste ove rmy desk. Then seeing how obsessed I was, my parents offered to buy him for me if I ranked top 3 in my end year exam.. Which unfortunately I couldnt do. That was in 2006. Now 2008 I'm waiting for my major exam results, if I score straight A's, they'll get him for me :) Hes already been orered though. If my results arent up to par well.. I gotta pay for him back but no worries, in that 1 1/2 years I managed to save up enough for him, minus shipping

So pray for me it goes well!

8. Actually, though it was a lot more frustrating than funny at the time, I can laugh at my "dream doll" story now. ;)

For a while, irony was the ruling force in my life. Every time I looked at my wishlist and resigned myself to the fact that there was just no chance at all that I'd get a certain doll, and gave up so I'd stop being miserable over it, one would pop up in the Marketplace. Or even two or three. The height of insanity came when literally two days after I wrote in my journal that there was simply no chance of my EVER getting a Tsukasa, I actually managed to buy a Tsukasa head in the Marketplace. Tsukasa is the only Volks doll I've ever wanted, and I was pining rather pathetically over how he'd never come up for sale and even if he did it'd be as a fullset that I could never afford.

I've learned my lesson, I think... :sweat

9. My Dream Doll is the Volks Jun Tachibana with all of her defaults. She was just so perfect.

I think my "perfect" doll though, as odd as it may sound, is my Bambicrony Mistyblue Elf Kumi, with his yellowing and all.

10. well the first dream doll I ever had has to have been DOD's ELF I-ra FullSet, but sh was already sold out by the time I found her. so I was sad, trie to find her a lot. but she will probably stay a dream.

right now I am saving to get DOD's shall, and maybe someday I will only try to actually get I-ra's outfit because the mask in the fullset was th one thng that made me fall in love. :)

11. I love reading everyone's replies, and also of course all the happy stores about people finding their dream dolls in the end!

I've got 9 dolls currently and out of them, I really only have one dream doll.

K-Doll Kayan: Having only gotten into the hobby proper in 2006, I had well and truly missed out on K-Doll's Kayan when it was released in 2005. Also, because the ordering period was suddenly closed only after a month, I don't think there were many people that did get one. I was browsing through the K-doll site early last year and really fell in love with Kayan. Imagine how disappointed I was when I found that he wasn't available for order! I chalked it down to bad timing, and shelved it; concentrating on the dolls I had instead. In Sept last year though, I was browsing the marketplace for a body for a floating head, that I came across someone selling her Kayan! And in white skin too! I PMed, but was told that it was on hold for the moment. It was sad, but what was I to do? It all worked out in the end since the hold was off for some reason, and I managed to finally bring my Kayan home. :)

12. My dream doll... It changes over time. I know it is like beating a dead horse...

Bambicrony Light Slate Grey Elf Kumi... If I had the money then, I would have bought her. I'm lucky that I got Spork (LSG Pepe) when I did during the event, even if he does have tons of problems. Then I found Iggy (MR pepe) on the secondary market for a reasonable price. He just is full of air bubbles, but not yellowed. Then I got Squirt (MB Roko) on ebay... I paid way too much for the amount of yellowing she has. And the dings in her hands. The seller never did send everything she was supposed to come with... But that LSG Kumi would perfectly round out my elfy collection. I'm sure if I do get the Kumi I'll just have to have another LSG Pepe... And then the LSG Roko to round out that color collection.

Do Bermann... I tried. I failed. I've wanted him since I first laid my eyes on him, and I didn't even understand what or who he was. Now there is an opportunity to buy an SA Bermann on a hound body (for double what the last release sold for). It is an open offer at my feet and I'm balking by the huge price tag. I even have the body at my house for sanding and blushing... I just don't want to be in that much debt over one doll. My dad jokingly offered to buy him for me yesterday with his inheritance from my grandmother's estate. He quickly followed it up with "How fast do you think you could flip him? How much could we make?" :sigh I will never buy a Bermann with the intention of re-selling him. Never. And it's an SA... I really want Do. I don't want to be killed by the angry mob when I'd have modified him to be a Do with an unique eye shape. And that isn't just talk. I'd so do it. I really might just do it... *sells kidney*

MNF Elf Shiwoo, BW. I have been pining over this boy for a while. I don't know why. But he really is bugging me!

Then there are dolls that are entirely unique. Like Hibou. A heavily modified, dyed I think, and painted by Evenstar Lishe... I have seen her in person, and she is just enchanting. There is no chance I would ever get her... Of course if I got Hibou, I would want Zimta as well... I console myself knowing that I have seen them in person, and that they are only a special meetup away... :aheartbea Better left for pictures than actual ownership. Maybe one day I'll find an unmodded Jury 2005 in BW at the right time for the right price and can enjoy a cheeky girl of my own.

13. Funny Lori said
      "Do Bermann... I tried. I failed. I've wanted him since I first laid my eyes on him, and I didn't even understand what or who he was. Now there is an opportunity to buy an SA Bermann on a hound body (for double what the last release sold for). It is an open offer at my feet and I'm balking by the huge price tag. I even have the body at my house for sanding and blushing... I just don't want to be in that much debt over one doll. My dad jokingly offered to buy him for me yesterday with his inheritance from my grandmother's estate. He quickly followed it up with "How fast do you think you could flip him? How much could we make?" I will never buy a Bermann with the intention of re-selling him. Never. And it's an SA... I really want Do. I don't want to be killed by the angry mob when I'd have modified him to be a Do with an unique eye shape. And that isn't just talk. I'd so do it. I really might just do it... *sells kidney*"

Lori, if you do get the SA, as one who has been there, I would seriously advise you to not mod him right away.

I basically got the same doll you are lookng at when I was offered an SA Valentino head. Of course, I bought it with exactly the intention of modding it as you speak of, as I too always thought I wanted a DO.

But, when I got him home and put on his Hound body, I started thinking, the SA's are the most limited of all Bermanns, maybe I should just wait to mod him and see how I feel about him in a few months.

Over the next few months, he grew on me exactly as he was (is). And over time I realized that the SA was a far more expressive face, much moodier and deep looking, and eventually I knew I absolutely wouldn't open his eyes.

I am not saying you shouldn't open the eyes if you determine that you really do want an open eyed one, just advising to not jump right into it, as if you wait, you may find you change your mind.

14. I think he would come home, I would feel so horrible about wanting to modify him I would put up a WTT... Lol! I just love the expression of the Do's better. Always have. Since my first meetup when I saw Vincent and Timo... I guess if I spend that much I'm gonna be picky... ;) I think I'll hold on to my dream until the right one comes along.

15. In a way all my dolls are "dream dolls" but I have to say my Soah is the top on the list for very silly reasons .

I fell in love w/her sculpt when all we saw was the gray molded face that Rainman was showing when she and Ryung were first talked about.

I knew /then/ I had to have her.

Since she was going to be released later then Ryung, I set her money aside and went ahead and ordered two other dolls that I also 'had to have' Happydoll Arthur (Jathen) and Lishe (Sudanna).

Then .. my dear sweet cat Willow had serious medical problems .. there went Soah's money. Willingly spent, but with a heavy heart,

Suddenly rumours abounded of her being discontinued and I fretted. She was sold out /everywhere/ and I was almost at a panic state.

Rescue! Kathy and Leo at Doll and Friends had one left, a blank faced small bust .. and after a layaway (Thanks so much still, guys!) Soah went for the perfect face - up and came home.

She is now my lovely willow, named to honor my sweet dear cat who just recently did pass away at 19 years!

So, while I may have other dolls I want, Willow was a very grail doll for me.

The beauty that is Willow:

[​IMG]

16. Well, since I'm pretty new to the BJD game - I just got into them around November/December this past year - I haven't really run into a lot of the "older" dolls that are sold out/discontinued. Really, there has just been one so far that was unavailable from the actual doll site, and I was frantic to get him!

I was browsing around on D.I.M's site at the Love (60cm) models and instantly the Persia caught my eye. He just looked so handsome, and I tumbled head over heels! The problem? He was all sold out, and I was told that there was no intention to make more of him. I could have cried right there on the spot!

I put up a WTB here in the Marketplace for a full doll, but I didn't have much luck. So I decided to just search for the head first and luckily found someone selling her Persia head, which I immediately snapped up! I still have to get a body for it, but I'm just so glad to have found the head at least. He's halfway there! :)

17. Ahhh, Dream Dolls.

I suppose I have a few I can count.

The first doll I ever fell in love with was here on DoA. I adore Shiwoos, and there was this particular Shiwoo I saw on some gallery threads, that I fell in love with. A limited Tan boy with the most incredible green dragon tattoo on his back.

And of course I didn't think there was a chance in hell I'd ever get him.

A few days later? Up he popped, the sale thread posted two seconds before I looked, which was lucky. He became my first SD, and no matter what, he would never be sold.

My second dream doll is a DO Bermann. I admired them for such a long time, but never considered them attainable in the least. One time, when I was still quite new, I remember seeing a photo of a doll on an eye website, and asking here on DoA what the sculpt was. DO Bermann. How typical, I thought.

I remember posting on a 'WTB Bermann' thread of a lovely girl who lives here in England, and being so happy for her when she finally got hold of one on the marketplace, thinking 'that will never be me'. She told me that stranger things have happened, and to not give up hope.

Long story short, final release of Bermann comes up, and I fall instantly in love with him. Enter, without thinking for one second that I'd win. And I got lucky. I'm still reeling from the shock! LOL.

Finally, my Bermann is coming home.

The last real dream doll is a Custom House Mina (with the grumpy face). I'm not a huge fan of girl dolls, but her...she makes my heart beat faster every time I see her. To me she is perfect. And I never see her for sale. I would probably sell my lungs for her. So you know...any owners reading this who may wanna talk...? LOL

18. Technically, it's not home yet, but I'm a confirmed buyer so anyway....
      I was involved in this hobby for one and a half years now- always looking and envying those having dolls. When I entered into this hobby, I fell in love with the Breakaway sculpt, only to have it 'sold out'. But I was persistent, and really wanted one. So when they rereleased the 2nd gen Breakaway, i jumped on the opportunity. I managed to find a 'later'-splitter and finally, my first doll:a Breakaway!! :aheartbea

19. Not sure if he'd count as a dream doll, but I made the decision that if a Tanned El ever comes onto the marketplace for a good price, I'll buy him. It's my good price that's kinda got me "WTF"ing at myself, because it's more than I would ordinarily be willing to spend. But I adore the tanned skins beyond anything, and I love Els. So.... yeah. My wallet should beware of looking at the DOA marketplace!

60-cm tanned twins would be my true "dream dolls" but I think the only way I'd ever find THOSE is my going the Volks custom route, and I really really really don't have the $2000+ to spend on them. My eternal dream, I guess!

20. I was looking at a tan coco lati fs but it was far tooo expensive as the shipping was oversea's and the girl wanted money for customs that she had to pay etc. so I thought long and hard and decided that I just couldn't afford $550 for her. The next day I found someone that was selling one in my country (australia) for 200 less. That was a blessing :-) hehe