1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. My dream dolls....When I first got into BJDs I really REALLY wanted a Happydoll Aidan, unfortunately before I could even start saving Happydoll stopped all their dolls!!! I was devastated and occasionally still poke around looking for people who have him. I have pretty much given up on him sadly....

The first time I saw a Schoolhead A I nearly fainted. I want one so bad and whenever I see one for sale I twitch thinking how I could afford it, but I never buy it. I can't afford it and there are other dolls I like that I'd rather have....mostly because I felt like 60cm was too big..... That is a someday doll. When I win the lotto maybe heehee.

DOT Camine was the first time I said to myself "I can totally get a big doll" and ever since the day he was released I've wanted him. I've looked at other dolls and when I had enough to buy him I considered the dolls I had wanted longer and realized there was no way I could pass up on him. He's my dream doll that's coming to me!!!!

2. I'm lucky, I haven't come across any dolls yet that I would rather have over my Volks Elena. I was enamoured with Yukinojo, Anais and Cristal for a while, but when I ask myself if I would have them over Elena, I'm happy to say no :) They're all beautiful, but they still don't appeal to me as much as the Elena mold.

3. My dreamdolls are Cecile the Scarface and Seimei, and I managed to get both at a good price, so I'd say it's definetly possible if you just keep an eye out! I've been waiting and searching for Seimei for two years, every time one came up it just happened to be the worst timing XD Then one appeared in the marketplace just before Christmas, I had just bought Xem and paid for his customs so I was completely broke..a few weeks after that, a friend told me the Seimei was still for sale and the price had dropped a lot, so I pm'ed the seller and got him on layaway(which I then paid off within a week thanks to a fortunate sale of clothes xD) :D And now he's mine and I'm so absolutely thrilled with him, he's gorgeous.

I thought I had all my dream dolls now-not all dolls, but the sculpts I had always been wishing for-and then Volks had to come with Suigintou =.= She's the first girl sculpt in my 2.5 years in this hobby that makes me go wow, I keep telling myself I don't need her but..I do xD So I guess I should start saving and hope there's someone, somewhere, who doesn't want $3000 for her when they paid only $900(fat chance, I know, but always keep hoping XD)

4. Mmm, delicious vampire breakaway.... <333

And my Ryu. He was pure luck.

5. Another one for Breakaway here. Fell in love with the mold instantly when I saw it (and I swear it was still in stock from the first release then), but missed my chance to get him. Contented myself with knowing he did show up in the marketplace every now and then, though the prices were insane... Gave up on him a few times, only to have my love rekindled every time I looked at the Delf page at Luts.

Then, through some miracle, I get a steady job, my first paycheck, and... Luts re-releases him! And I actually manage to snag one during the terrifying 7 minutes he was available! So now my absolute dreamdoll is coming home.

Miracles do happen.

6. i thought i was never going into this hobby without getting my dream doll as my first doll.
      Gone through abit of struggle to find him at the marketplace and was amazing happy when a local seller pmed me, was incredible happy when i manage to get a full set old version breakaway. That was all 1 year + ago <3

7. My very first dream doll was actually a Tender Shall, but over time I got more interested in boys and put her down the list.

The other 2 uber dream dolls of mine is CP Breakaway and CP El, which were the first 2 I ever cared about on Luts ( I first saw them when I found Luts's website 2 years ago, being a total noob back then, all I thought of was " Oh, these 2 are the best ones" ). I didn't know much about limited and such back then. So I was really dissapointed seeing Breakaway OOS ( thought if he was still there, I sure had no chance to get him right then ) . Then I decided myself that if I ever get a chance to own a doll, I'd certaintly get an El. ( After getting seriously into the hobby I found out that Breakaway can still be purchased from 2nd hand market with a really high price which I sure can never afford ( I'm living far away from home and is relying a lot on my parents, so paying 1500$+ for a doll is totally insane and I would never allow myself to do that ).

I fell in love with a Yi afterwards. Still keeping my love for El and finally succeed in owning him not long ago. It was totally a miracle. Since I've got absolutely no idea that I'd one day become a doll owner ( I was so young back then, and there was no way for me to save up enough money for a doll ) ! So not to talk about dream doll, becoming a doll owner was my first dream ever for this hobby.

Not so long after I placed my order for my No.2 Luts dream doll. My No.1 was re-released. I was really shocked and even wanted to ask my sister for money help. Because I was so broke after ordering El. I failed at convincing my sister for help. Of course I couldn't let myself to ask for help from my parents. That's why I had to pull out most of the money I had left ( until there was only nearly $100 sgd in my acc >: ) and made a split with someone to get the 2 heads.
      I was really happy I won the fight for my dream doll. On that very morning I was really very nervous and even set the alarm clock to make sure I won't miss the time in class ( it turned out to be useless because I kept looking at the watch myself ). I rushed to the lib from class in full speed and successfully ordered my dream doll ! It was one of the most precious moment I've ever had ~

So yes. I've now completed the dreamdoll list of mine. Some days ago I went to change my profile and saw my very short wishlist which I filled in since I first joined the forum ( in my old nickname from 2 years ago actually X3 ). It was only in 1 line : " CP Breakaway , CP El " . I looked at that and smiled happily to myself <3.

8. Oh do keep the faith....dream dolls really DO come home! :) :)

I've had several dream dolls that have made it home but these two stand out in my mind.

Now....one of mine is not a BJD but I think it's so spookily amazing I've got to tell it....and the BJD story is a custom Volks SD16 Olivia.

Dream doll 1 :) : I was at a Halloween convention in 2005....there was a beautiful Halloween/goth centerpiece doll....1 of 32 in the world. The lady that won the right to buy the centerpiece let me hold the doll....she wanted my dressed custom ribbon winning Halloween theme doll so we agreed to make a trade....she had to go pay for the centerpiece doll first....then make the trade....I handed the centerpiece doll back (STUPID!). Can I tell you how happy I felt thinking I'd get that doll! Then I watched in sick/pained horror as the lady handed the doll to someone else across the room and that someone else walked away with the centerpiece doll. Later the lady hemmed and hawed like she didn't realize what she had done. She wanted to buy my theme doll outright but I didn't want to deal with her again. She offered to find me another of the centerpiece dolls which, of course, never happened. I vowed to get one of those dolls someday. A few showed up for sale on eBay or doll boards but were way too expensive. Then in 2007....almost 2 years later to the month....someone put one of those dolls up FS on a doll board. The seller and I figured out a price (a lot lower now since I was the only one to answer her FS post). But....here comes the really amazing spooky part. It turned out that the seller was the 'someone else' across the room that got MY doll....the EXACT doll I had had in my hands and had believed was to be mine. My centerpiece doll finally did come home.

Dream doll 2 :) : Now for my beautiful Olivia....*sigh*. An artist had posted a picture of this gorgeous custom Olivia doll on a different doll board. We all oooed and awed. I fell head over heels in love! The artist had been commissioned to enhance/blush an original Olivia. A Volks ordered Olivia came home shortly after this....but my mind kept seeing that custom beauty....that custom was Olivia to me. The artist was no longer taking commissions so I figured that was it. Imagine my surprise when 6 months later I was checking out the newest FS listings on eBay....and there she was.... that custom Olivia with a BIN....and her price was about the same as for unchanged Olivia dolls. I hit that BIN with absolutely NO hesitation. I made someone else happy by selling my unchanged Olivia. I was in dream doll heaven with my custom 'Olivia'. 'My Oivia had finally come home....and since then has traveled with me to NYC Dolpa 2....she insisted....LOL.

9. I don't have that many dream dolls, but on that I really, really yearn for is Volks Liz. It feels that my dollfamily will not be complete without her and I've been wanting her since I decided to buy my Volks Cristal and somehow in my mind it felt like those two girls belong together both in looks and in character.

I know it's not impossible to get a Liz, but I just can't seem to afford her. But I'll never stop looking and hoping.

My other dreamdolls have recently become much more possible to get hold of, in april I'll finally be able to get Unoa L-Bi and whenever the girl preorder will be I'll be able to get a Unoa Lusis. But for some time it seemed impossible to get Unoas without having to pay 1000+ USD. I'm glad that AlchemicLab will continue with at least one preorder per year!

10. Mine? Totally Tender Shall 8D

11. One of my dream boys are already with me, a CP Yder, and finally, after so long, i have decided to get the first boy who took my breath away, CP EL, whom should be here in about.. 4 weeks? :fangirl:

12. I have my dream doll (DO Bermann), but I was just lucky. He was re-released right after I received an inheritance so I had money in hand to buy him, and he wasn't very popular then like he is now, so I didn't have much competition for him. Sometimes it's just a matter of the right time and the right place.

13. My original dream doll was tiny Elfdoll Dodo. She was the first BJD I ever saw anywhere - before that I didn't even know BJD's existed. I saw her ar Noriko's website, a little imp posed on her keyboard. I didn't save a link or even remember her name because at the time I was looking for something else. By the next day I was frantic - I spent all day trying to retrace everywhere I might have ended up on the web the day before - every search I may have made, every link I may have followed. I finally found her again and then found Elfdoll and DoA. After a week glued to my computer looking at every photo on DoA (more than once!) I decided I had to have Dodo. Then I found out she had been limited and her last pre-order had been 2 weeks earlier.

But my dream doll was Dodo and eventually I wanted to have Dodo, Adel, and Min Del Re. I tried to get a secondhand Dodo for about 4 months and had no luck at all. I finally gave up. Then when Elfdoll Lyn came out I thought she was the closest so far to Dodo so I pre-ordered her. Within a week I found secondhand Dodo! And almost immediately after that a 3rd-hand Min. So I changed my Lyn preorder to Adel and had all three!

My other dream dolls back in 2005 were Narae and Unoa. I thouht they were far out of my reach. Narae was $500 and Unoa was some mystery price and gotten by some method I could not get explained to me. But eventually I realized that all I had to do to get them was stop buying tinies (and in the case of Unoa be very very patient and wait a long time for a preorder).

So I now have all of my dream dolls.

Carolyn

14. I fell in love with CustomHouse's fairy ai Hanael, and I was so disappointed when I wasn't able to get her. Miracles do happen, though! I kept looking and kept looking, and lo and behold, someone was selling her. She's home with me now, and getting along well with my other resin kids :D And I couldn't be happier!

15. I've had a number of "dream dolls" and the toughest thing about getting them was having them live up to the unreasonable expectations I'd acquired in the long search for them. It's almost anticlimactic. If the doll is uber-valuable I'm likely to just be intimidated by it. Heh. But since I've been into bjd I've learned there's a difference between what I oooh and ahhh over and what I can live with sometimes. So I buy little and sell less often these days.
      My current pursuit is the discontinued MSD F-12 in pureskin white. ^_~

Raven

16. My ultimate dream dolls are Volks Hewitt and F-16. They're the ones that - due to the cost and/or difficulty involved in getting - I think I'll be waiting a loooong time for. Of course, most of the time, the dolls I consider 'dream dolls' are just those that have been on my wishlist since I got into bjds. The majority of my dream dolls are therefore (luckily) standard dolls, not very rare or even particularly expensive. It's just a matter of time and careful saving.

Currently, I have 3 dolls that I consider dream dolls:

Darken (CP Luts KD Ttori) was my first doll. He wasn't the first I ever saw or even the first I ever really wanted but he was the first doll I became totally obsessed with. I couldn't get through more than an hour without looking at the Ttori pictures on the LUTS site. I practically made myself ill with wanting him. He's the one who finally (after several years of wanting a SD) pushed me over the edge into buying one. So...it's his fault.

Sai (Iplehouse Soo Ri) - circumstances (money, other dollfies jumping the queue, availability) meant that it took me a lot longer to get hold of him than I'd planned. Soo Ri is currently the only SD I'd love to have more than one of - they're just so versatile & gorgeous.

Charon (Volks Sch.A/SD10) was seriously a dream doll for me - I didn't think I'd ever get hold of one, especially when I was being so particular about wanting him to be SD10 and not SD13 size. I only really decided to go for it after I found a Volks SD10 boy body for sale in the marketplace here - I bid on it quickly to stop my common sense from stepping in to stop me. It took me over 6 months to then find and buy his head for a reasonable price and get his faceup together. For those 6 months he sat around headless and freaked my nephews out. Even now he's not really finished but just looking at him makes me happy ^___^

17. over the years I've liked many dolls, but only two of them have remained as my dream dolls.

the mnf elf shiwoo was one of them. I fulfilled this dream just a couple of days ago and I still can't believe it. he's much more than what I expected

my second dream doll, and now the only one is... as many of you have already said, a DO Bermann. I had not the possibility of getting a Bermann when they were "affordable", and now that I would be able to... they are just uber expensive. unless I win the lottery, this doll will remain as a dream. and one of the most beautiful dreams I could ever dream of, that's for sure

18. Cecile was my dream doll. When he was released as Pirate Cecile I was overjoyed and set about getting him via preorder. Unfortunately it fell through and I continued to wait four and a half years to finally bring him home and it has been worth it. Doll dreams most definitely can come true.

19. I was really hoping the get a CP eluts Tan EL but they discontinued him! Damn!
      Perhaps one day they may make another tan??? >_<

20. My dream doll was a volks seirei yugiri.
      I never thought i would ever get him.
      A couple months ago a friend of mine, told me about him being in stock.
      I jumped right on that, and thanks to some family members and Ria_ria,
      I was able to bring him home, and i couldnt be happier.
      :aheartbea

Id say dreams come true if you work at it.
      in my case i guess i just got lucky xD.