1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. I have dream dolls, and they all reside in my house. For me, it's more about finding the perfect doll(s) to fit what I'm looking for (even if that means mixing parts from two or more companies, in some cases!) than falling in love with any particular mold(s).

2. My first dream doll was my Malta, a Volks Mini Myu. I still have her to this day and I think even if I suddenly decided to get out of the hobby, Malta wouldn't be going anywhere!

I have been in love with Volks Cristal for months now and I am currently in the process of getting one. I just purchased her head and will hopefully be able to locate a body for her in the next few weeks/months. Its been a long time since I had seen a doll that I thought was as beautiful as Cristal! I am so excited, I've been bouncing off the walls *laughs*

So I consider myself pretty darn lucky at the moment!!

3. My first dream doll was Volks Heath, whom I was fortunate enough to acquire directly from Volks. I saw his promo photos when they first came out and my heart broke for him. ..every day, because I could not stop going to that cursed site. I never thought I would have him, strictly because of his pricetag, but fate dealt me a hand full of aces. ^_^

Since the Heath was my first abjd, I learned quickly that perhaps no doll is truly out of my reach. I have wholeheartedly lusted for an old Volks F28, Volks Lucas (any Lucas), Narin LE10 Tattoo v1, and Elfdoll's Min Del Re (not really limited until last year/end of 2006 - I just never bought her when she was readily available). Sadly, I was not prepared for a Lucas purchase when the Black Cat version was released. I know own each of those dolls. Patience, and Dollfair layaway, paid off.

I also wanted colored elflings, like Bambicrony's cuties. How do I always miss out on these things? XD Then the talented LadySaiyuki designed Ted. I love Ted's grumpy little face. I have one in blue, and have green and lavender on the way. Huzzah for colored elves!

Additionally, I have wanted certain faces for a long time. God bless Denny and his Minimee brainchild as I now have a Takeshi Kaneshiro head coming home. I'm working on an Adriana Lima head, and have plans for Ken Watanabe, Jude Law, and a couple others.

My current Dream Doll list includes:

PF Yoko - another I thought I could order anytime, and now she has been discontinued... where are those Option Parts, BF?!

Looking over my list, I have a lot of dolls whom I would love to own, but, at this time, none of them have been discontinued, none of them are limited, and none of them are yet out of reach. I pray that doesn't change.

4. My dreams have come SO far...I mean...I lusted after all BJDs for over a year...the WS Hound doll the most. But I knew my parents would NEVER allow me to get him...especially since he's a rather expensive doll being so large and all >< So...I was heartbroken...most literally. I suffer from depression and...some other things...so when I find something that I love so much, just really want...and know will never be...it's in a sense tramatizing.

But here I am! Typing away here on DoA with SeNii--my TRUE dream doll--on my lap ^^ I am a very very happy girlie :3

Doesn't mean I don't have other dream dolls. As of last night, I've fallen in love with the Soom Sabiks. I spotted one in the galleries...Heat ((owned by SDink))...and he has just crawled into my heart. So very fast >w< Haha...

Hee hee...I love how all my dream dolls are boys :3 My last dream doll...is a DIM Danbi >w< I just can't describe it...but he's just...he's subtly pouty, and just so adorable >w<

I wish I could explain my lil obsessions with all three of these dolls, but I can't. All I can say is that more than any of them, my lust for a Hound was and shall always be the greatest. I love all Dollshes...but the Hounds will always be my number one doll :3

5. One of my dream doll was Yukinojo. Thanks to my marriage and my lovely and always beloved husband (now husband), and thanks to a sweetty friend and a lovely girl i have my Balzack in home from this summer...and i only can love more and more everyday.

6. Once I started working I was interested in getting a doll, but then I indulged on somethign else - my bass guitar - which I love, but have no time to play at all. Then I was thinking, and I decided I was getting a doll, no matter what. I'm a horrible saver, and I'm always wondering if it's worth the painstaking penny pinching, and then I look at Shyler-to-be's photo and my anger melts away.

I want a Woosoo Vampire, but I'm gonna havfta wait for one of those. >.< Hope that dream comes true.

7. I love your stories!! What luck with the first doll!!! What are the odds?!

Also, was your Olivia the beauty in the Amelia default outfit at NYC Dolpa 2? :aheartbea

8. I fell in love with ShuShu the minute I first saw her put up on Luts' webpage. Before then I hadn't really planned to get another mini. So, after cringing at the price, and wondering how I could possibly save up for her without a job (I can't work :/ ).
      Somehow, I finally had enough money- then my mother suggested that buying a doll with the money was irresponsible, and that I should put it towards something else. So, with a heavy heart, I decided that she was right. I started saving for an electric scooter instead.
      Then, of course, a couple of months later, Luts decided that they were going to stop selling her. I was heartbroken. If I could barely afford her before, how could I ever afford an inflated second-hand market price?
      Then Fairyland announced that they were going to start selling the MNFs again, AND they were going to have an introductory sale- for most of that time, I resisted, and squirmed. :lol: But then, I talked to my mom again, and she agreed that an electric scooter just wouldn't be practical for me. So that left enough for me to finally get my girl! The price of the doll with the sleeping head (which I wanted anyways), and a faceup, was less then I would have paid if I had bought her at Luts, with one head, and a faceup!

So in the end, everything turned out for the best. I'm currently on day 4 of my wait, and I can't wait for my little darling to come home! Plus, there's enough extra money in my account to buy Melchior a new body!

9. My dream doll would be the 2004 Volks sd13 fullset tohya v1, and I really believed it would stay a dream, and it did for a long time, but I couldn&#8217;t be happier to say that he&#8217;s on his way home now, an untouched fullest, more that I could have wished for!
      Sadly though, the other dolls on my wish list are also sold out limited&#8217;s, so I still have a lot more dreaming to do.

10. Absolutely amazes me too....LOL.

Yes....that's my Olivia! Volks even posted a close up of her in the NYC Dolpa2 online after party report.

:)

11. one of my dream dolls, is the mini fee shiwoo elf^^ after much searching, i decided to sell my SD's(while i loved them i like msd size a lot more :sweat) and get my dream doll. now he's on his way from spain and i couldn't be happier^^

12. I hated Volks for the longest time. I think their price was what turned me off the most. However, I noticed the busy of Heath and decided I liked him. Overtime I realised I wanted him.

Just when I realised this a whole slew of individuals sold off their Heath heads just when I did not have the money. Then someone posted a Fullset Heath up for sale and I almost started crying; I realised I wanted him and all his goodies.

Luckily for me, the person who posted the Fullset Heath wanted him to go together and not split up into a dozen pieces. She agreed to a brief layaway and he was home with me about a month later. I love my handsome boy. :F

13. I am a great believer in fate

14. often times when we all but give up i believe that dream dollie can come to us as if she/he were looking for us all along.... so always have hope!

15. It's so funny to think back... I thought I'd NEVER, ever have a unoa, and now I have 3. :sweat

Jenna my modded Choa is one of my dream dolls, for sure. I still really can't believe she's mine, and I've had her for something like 3 years now. I still look at her and can't believe my luck at being able to get her.

Unoas were a dream doll too.

In a way, all my dolls are dream dolls. I'm so lucky to have them, so lucky in the artists who have brought them to life for me... everything. The harem is very happy. :)

16. All of my dolls are 'dream dolls' since when I saw them, I knew I had to have them.

The one that sticks out the most though is Amadeus. I very badly wanted a NaNuRi 07, but with my uni schedule it would be hard for me to get an unpainted head since I wouldn't have time to paint it, and I didn't want to pay extra to ship him out to an artist. I don't have the skills either for face-ups yet, so yeah...anyway. As it turned out, I browsed through the marketplace and stumbled upon Amadeus. He had a gorgeous face-up, he was on a body, so I caved in and he became my Christmas present. :)

Of course, I'm extremely happy and feel so lucky to have him home with me!

17. i have a number of my dream-dolls home, but the one who still eludes me is Unoss Aika. they always appear right when i am most seriously in debt, and i always always always have to pass them by.

still, i hope and dream to one day have an Unoss Aika to call my own.

18. i have changed my mind @_@

well... all dolls that i love are my dream dolls.
      but, migidoll ryu... i would die to have one. he's so pretty!
      anyways.
      just... random edit. or.. complete repost.. =P

19. Mine are all dream dolls too. :aheartbea I just didn't buy ones that I wasn't dreaming about. This may seem like unfairly raising the Dream quotient in one's collection, but it's the most efficient method space-wise. ;D

First Dream-Doll story? Well, Shiro Tachibana was the first dream boy. *melt* First doll that dragged me into the hobby by the heartstrings. But I found one fast enough. I paid yea bucks for him (it was 2005, aftermarket prices were very silly), but that was what I was willing to do. So he was the second tallboy I brought home, and I got used to dream-fulfillment rather easily.

But that's not a really interesting story, is it? I do have at least one interesting dream-doll story: Iplehouse's Tan Lion. I still like to say that I dreamed him into being. :) I bought the first Tan Soo Ri in spring of 2006. I was so impressed when he arrived that I immediately wrote to Iplehouse to say how much I loved their tan resin, and was there ever a chance that they'd release Lion in tan, so that my Soo Ri could have a cousin? ^^ They wrote back with a delicately-worded "not yet", saying that they were busy spending the year inventing their first girl doll, & I should check back with them next year. Fine!

Fine. A year. So I bade my time, ten months, no problem, aching for Karim to be invented, trying not to nag. *ticktockticktock* After New Years rolled by, I nagged them again. Are you gonna ever make me a tan Lion? Are ya? Huh? Huhuhuhuh? Eventually they wrote back, "February 5". Et voila! There he was, all tricked out in one of THE least-desirable fullsets of all time (terrifying gingham suit, curly salt-and-pepper hair)-- which, in retrospect, may have prevented him selling out for so many months & months, even though he was only LE10. XD But I saw right through that, saw Karim looking exactly as I'd dreamed him underneath the suit & hair... and camped out all night at Idrisfynn's house in front of her fast internet connection, waiting to hit that BUY button at 5:30 in the morning, just so I could have him.

Two or three months later, he finally came home, and now my Karim is perfect in every way. There! Wasn't that a nice dream story?

20. What great stories of dream dolls. Here is mine. When I first got into the hobby about 3 years ago, I didn't get the whole "limited" concept. So, I fell in love with one of the first dolls I saw, Black Melody Narsha, on Dollmore's site. She is an adorable white skinned Narsha with gothy makeup and a fouffy black dress. I printed out the pictures of her and just adored her. However by the time I made up my mind to finally purchase she was sold out. Sob. About a year later I adopted Toydogz4's basic Narsha, and I did love her, but I still pined for my little Wednesday Adams girl. I thought I would never get her, but thanks to my incessant whining about her, when the wonderful Doughgiirl decided that she was going to back out of a sale with the equally wonderful Star, she put us together and that is how my perfect Amarantha came to live with me. She is only one of two of my dolls that is entirely default (my Volks One Off Quinn is the other), except I did change her wig, as when I sold my Devasse (the default Narsha) to my friend, she wanted her to have long black hair, so she got Amarantha's default. She now wears a yellow Tinybear wig, quite well I might add.
      The doll that became the doll of my dreams was Lady Saiyuki's Ted. I was fortunate enought to get one of her hand casted originals, that she dyed red for me. He is my lil Brooklyn, and the minute I held him it was love. I can't explain it, it just is.