1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. My first dream doll is actually my first doll! I had been kinda ambivalent about BJDs, they were pretty, but too expensive I thought. That is, until I saw Soom Cyborg Sabik. I saw him and immediately wanted him. But he was sold out. I was heartbroken, and I would occasionally go back to Soom's site to stare at pictures of him. Then, Soom had a Lovely Call period and put him up for sale again! I bought him right away. :D

My second dream doll was Volks tan Scarface Cecile. I had seen some owner pictures of him and I liked him, but it wasn't until I saw the Volks pictures that I realized how versatile he was, and how perfect he would be for one of my characters. I had to have him, but no one was selling him. I camped out in Y!Japan for a bit, trying to find a good deal for him. Previously I had seen a great deal for a tan Scarface Cecile, but I had missed out on it. Finally, I found another good deal and I jumped on it. Now my Silver Cat is complete and he looks perfect!!

Just goes to show, dreams can come true with perseverance and a lot of luck!! :D

2. Breakaway was my dream doll. I'm expecting mine to arrive within the next couple of weeks ^^;

And there was Azure, but lo' and behond, I won! And he's off getting a dream face-up right now with the perfect face-up artist! XD

And finally, my newest, is Senior Delf Ethan. Yes, I have one. But I wish so hard that I'd bought two that night I stayed up till 3am to buy him. ><; He's so beautiful. I want him as my existing Ethan's dimentional twin. Weird? Yes. But that's my new quest. If I get him I think I'll be pretty darn satisfied and be finally ready to concentrate more on clothes and wigs and high-quality eyes then on new dolls (although I have grown a fondness for Yo-SDs and Yo-Tenshis...).

Hopefully I'll be able to come back to this thread with my second Ethan in a few months time. ^^

3. Volks Tony (first favourite doll) The first dolls that got me interested in to buy a BJD in the first place was Volks Tony. I was browsing on the websites by chance and took a favouritism to him. He seemed so perfect. So being a n00b and not knowing anything I thought to check on ebay. There was one for sale, $1800 for the full set. Needless to say that scared me and my mother when I said I wanted a doll. The idea of simply owning one seemed so small. That was in the summer of 2006. Last month, after thinking about buying a breakaway I thought to put up a WTB on the marketplace after missing buying a Tony on the MP for about 3 times. Once he came up just after I bought my El for $700 full set. I was slightly annoyed I didn't get Tony instead of El. But luckily Moment sold me a Tony head here on the marketplace, now I just need to get him a body. But he is finally here after 1 and half nearly 2 years.

CP El-ss (first favourite Korean doll) Then I remember browsing and got to luts. I remember disliking the look of the 'korean' dolls as I really favoured Volks then. But one caught my eye. (thanks to photos I kept back then) El-ss the old photos. He was so pretty, I wanted him too. Then got on DoA after a bit more search. Ended up buying my DZ Mo first go when I saw DZs on display in HK but after looking at all the photos of El, he became my 'dream' doll. Luckily he's a standard so I purchased one. While thinking should I get a El-ss as well. Bite the bullet and got the special. I've never regretted it. Needless to say I really favour my sleeping El.

There was Reisner and Breakaway that I considered 'holy grails' as well as Tony but now that I've gotten Tony. They don't seem as 'holy' anymore ^^" I'm more then happy now I have my first 2 'loves' favourite Mini boy and my dream doll all together.

4. Volks Madoka: I won an auction in Yahoo Japan. I never thought I would go to the lenghts that I had to get her, but I am glad I did.

Volks Liz: She came to me cheaply actually. One day I bid on her on Ebay and she appeared in my home a week later.

CP Breakaway: He is beyond beautiful and was easy to get too.

There will always be dolls that I need and want. ~Gus

5. I wanted a Unoa Lusis since I discovered them about five years ago. However I knew I wouldn't be able to get one because they only come out every so often and I don't always have money at the right times to get them. Then I saw on on Ebay last fall. My dream came true and I couldn't be happier.

6. I have my dream doll, an NS Lishe, I saved long and hard for her it took around 6 months of starving and saving every penny I had. She took 3 weeks to ship when I open the box she wasn't inside. :/ I had to save all over again for her as I wanted two dolls anyway, I kept the wrong doll. Finally after a year of dreaming about her I got her home safely and she's is the most perfect thing in all the world :D I've had her just over a year now and it was all worth it.

7. I'm lucky to have my two ultimate dream girls, Volks Luna and Kurumi. I fell in love so hard with Kurumi when I first saw her on the Volks lottery, but I couldn't even put in for her. Luna took a while to sink in. I saw the pics of her and didn't like her, until the owner photos started showing up! I managed to buy both on the DoA marketplace and I'm forever grateful to have them.

Most other dolls, well, I'll live if I don't get them, but doesn't keep me from SUPER wanting a Sou/Suiseiseki, luckily they are pretty readily available of Y!J if your prepared to fork over for the full sets. So someday, she will be mine!

I've always wanted a Volks Cecil, in one form or another, and a SwD Lucas, but seeing their auction prices I doubt I'll ever own one.

Volks Williams, is just about the most perfect male doll I've ever seen, but again, I don't hold much hope for ever getting him.

8. Gomi doll Igon. OMG.

Although for the most part, i quite dislike volks molds and bodies, There are 3 that i am in love with: Yukinojo, Lucas and School Head A. Lucas was my first ABJD love. I came close to getting him too, but by the time i saved the money and figured out how to buy him, the version of him that i wanted was long gone.

My other dream dolls are Luts Azure, and one that i can garauntee i will never own: Chun Gong the Moon from luts. only 2 sets in the world *dies* it sucks cuz i fell HARD for that boy, when he was still available no less. Being broke sucks sometimes.

one dream doll that i WILL own though is Luts Cian. yay for 2nd release! =D and one that is just at my fingertips: Space Force Narin. I found a seller, but she postponed selling him because she's doing a comic with him for haute doll magazine. Only time will tell if she'll still be up for selling him....

My Atsushi Sakurai minimee is also a dream doll, and i got him as a gift. *cooes* i love him X3

9. I've had well sought after molds, unpopular molds, rare molds.. I don't really care anymore. My true dream doll is Chun Gong the Moon but I haven't seen a trace of him in over a year so I'm done with that dream.

10. i guess my dream doll would be UH 21 from unidoll but i've pretty much given up on getting her. im currently trying to look for another mold with a similar face.

11. My four dream dolls are (sadly) all volks limiteds. XD

I've managed to grab two of them (Isao and Shirou) but Tsukasa and Jun are still just a bit out of my price range at the moment.... I'm desperately hoping for re-releases, so the price for them might go down a bit. ^^;

12. I've had many of what I thought were my "dream dolls" but they actually turned out like a boy you thought you wanted to marry when you were a child and then grew out of him. (lol) I saved money for several years hoping to find my true dream doll when I just gave up because I didn't think I could really afford one. A year or two later, I came back, wondering if there were any realistic looking dolls. BAM. Elfdoll Hazy. I was drooling and squealing, especially when I realized I had saved up enough for her over those years before. So after about a week of debating, I sent in my preorder.

They warned me that it would be a long time before she came in and that many customers change their mind before receiving their doll. With only a week left to go (it's been almost 2 months), I'm more excited than EVER to finally meet my dream doll!

13. Dream Doll: KURUMI--> I plan to get her in 2009/2010 depending on how financial I am when and if she pops up on the boards.

But with my dream dolls, Ive got to say Im pretty lucky! I was able to get my Luna and she makes me so happy! I was also able to get Volks Rose who I got for a really great price! AND lastly, I was able to get a Souseiseki from the boards WHO Ive always adored and loved! Its really amazing, how lucky I am... now Kurumi... Kurumi come home!! :P

14. I dont want to jinx it. I really dont. And he's not even completely paid off yet. But OMG, I just found my dream doll. *knocks wood and makes other people reading the thread knock wood just in case*

I have been into BJD for probably about 6 years... following the sculpts from the shadows (until this year when I joined DoA). But I never really thought I'd ever have the money for one. I once had all sorts of emotional problems and honestly had myself convinced at one time that I would never be employable, let alone paid well enough to spend $1000 on a doll, of all things.

My first grail doll was DS SA Husky.... He was the one responsible for making me really CARE about BJD. He remains a grail doll for me. And probably my next acquisition, if I am lucky enough to have the money. =^_^=

My second grail doll was the SDF Abadon fs with the silver hair...who has since 'fallen from favour', poor thing. XD

He got tossed the first second I saw Soom Sard. It was like.... some kind of earth-shaking supernatural phenomenon. Like... a religious epiphany. I swear to god, the day Soom released Sard, my last shred of good sense took off, never to be seen again. But I couldnt get him in his release period, because I was buying a doll from the marketplace and had just lost my job!!!! BAD. TIMING. So I put up a WTB right away, in the hopes that somebody would grab one and change their mind. Long time passes, etc etc. Actually, TWO Sards slipped through my fingers on one day...my girlfriend's birthday weekend I didnt go near the computer....and look what my romantic attitude got me! Sheesh. *LOL*

Anyway, eventually someone approached me, who later withdrew her offer. I was so crushed. I actually cried a little in the middle of the night while I was answering her PM. *L*But she changed her mind again!!!!! SO NOW I AM GETTING MY SARD. And be damned how much he costs. Be damned I SHOULD be paying back student loans. I will never fall out of love with this doll... if I never get another BJD I will be content with him alone. I still go back to the Soom site and sigh like a teenager at pictures of him. *L*

This makes me quite content. =^_^= As I said, he could remain an only child and I'd be quite happy with the arrangement. But he has helped me recover from a bad experience... The doll that I was buying that prevented me from getting Sard in the first place turned out to be a nightmare transaction. I think I was probably scammed. (My first doll ever!!!! Harsh!!!) I paid in full months ago and he's never showed... neither the mods nor paypal nor I have heard from the seller. So I was really sour on dolls for a bit. But Sard coming around has renewed my love of BJD. And made me reconsider my whole reason for wanting/loving them.... now I have a storyline and characters planned and all manner of good stuff that makes me excited again. =^_^=

So.... keep knocking wood for me that history wont repeat itself. I am like the happiest BJD-fan in the world right now and I wanna keep it that way! *L*

15. My dream doll is/was Super Dollfie Cute Kaede. Since the moment I saw her, I knew she was the one. Sadly, she was a limited and I'm not the most well-off person money-wise, so whenever one popped up for sale, I never had enough to get her. I decided one day to save a bit from where ever I could and put it into a jar in the hopes of one day having enough.

A long while later I finally had enough so I posted a WTB thread here in the Marketplace. A few days after I posted that, my dad left for Iraq. He didn't have much of anything to take with him, so I gave him most everything I had saved.

But just when things were looking grim, a very very nice lady PMed me about her Kaede. I told her my situation, and she was so kind enough to work with me so that I could have my dream doll.

Now I'll be getting my Kaede in a few days all because of this nice lady that took it upon herself to not say no like many other sellers had. Rather, she worked with me to realize my dream. Now when I see a Kaede, I remember that not all dreams have to stay a dream. :aheartbea

16. Fair Emma: I always ached for a Madoka, then I got one then I got two. Then I realized that they needed customizing, so they went back to Korea. My point your dream wont come through until you give it a character and a life to your doll. Hugs, ~Gus

17. My first dream doll was Lu-Wen. It was love at first sight. although he is limited, he is restocked a few times. But at that moment I didn't know if he'd be restocked. So luckily I had the chance to buy him and I am still happy with him.

Other than that.. I don't have any dream dolls. I do have dolls/molds that I love, like the soo elves. But those are not limited so I will have a chance to buy them.

So maybe I haven't met my real dream doll. A doll where I am really want to hunt everything down to get him/her.

18. My dream doll I actually achieved was Volks MSD Midori. When I saw her it was instant love and I was smitten. I knew I had to have her. When I managed to get her she was better then I ever even imagined and I managed to get the preschool version with the better body. Sadly I had to sell her due to finances but I never stopped regretting the decision.

When I had the money to get her again, I couldn't find her on the marketplace, y!japan or ebay anywhere. I really worried I had lost her forever, if I did find her again, what if her price tag was insane? Eventually my tireless searching paid off and I found someone selling her, I jumped at the chance. At the time I didn't realize I was buying the original Midori on the oldskin body. But even though she is the old version, I wouldn't change her for the world and I lover her more then ever just as she is.

I have two other Dream Dolls who I haven't gotten yet and to be honest, I don't know if I ever will. I can't see the reasoning paying more then $900+ on a doll, to me that is too much for 'just a doll' and I think the price would always make me a bit distant from the doll, although if I found a really great deal of course I'd say yes.

19. My dream doll hasn't come home, but she is on my desktop and will not leave untill she is in my arms. It is my way to remind myself to save and keep hoping. I know I will get one before they are sold out. She is my Midori and will be in my home one day.

20. My dream doll was Miho. He's not so limited now, so it's not too bad and I got my hand on him pretty easily in the marketplace but when I first got into BJD, Migi wasn't producing him anymore! I even looked for a sculpt to 'replace' him but couldnt. But thankfully she released her second batch and I bought him second hand :)