1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Faith: When Your Dream Doll Finally Comes Home

Feb 10, 2008

1. Volks MSD Hewitt ~ my first dream doll. But he was oldskin, hard to find, and pricey, so I pretty much gave up on owning him. Happily, Volks released Hewitt II in pureskin! And not only was I lucky enough to win him in the lottery, but when unexpected money problems came up Volks was kind enough to offer me a second chance to buy him when I had to pass on him at first after winning (Volks has a much stricter lottery method now though!).

Volks Momoko ~ I adored her sweet lolita look but she was SO expensive that I never dreamed I'd get her. Volks released Rose and Bianka though! I'd love to get one someday, but I think my wish for a Momoko was mostly sated when I got my Kurumi.

Four Sisters Yo-SD ~ my most recent dream doll. I was smitten with them, but couldn't afford secondhand market prices and couldn't make it to the NY Dolpa. But then when I was selling a doll someone offered a Yo-Kira as a trade! The rest, as they say, is history. <3

2. I never wanted any other doll (head?) than a KDoll Kill_U SP, he was my first and he's still my beloved. I actually just got Miyabi a NEW Kill_U SP head that's not as "loved", so is the lengths of my passion for my dream doll. *_____________* Obsession? Perhaps.

I have other dolls and I love them as well but they're molds I find beautiful and wanted to have, not HAD to have like my first.

3. The very first doll I fell in love with was Volks Mai (Taisho Romance Liz).
      I saw her info on the website somehow, and knew she would always have a special place in my heart.

I really knew nothing about BJDs at the time, so the thought of owning her never even crossed my mind.

About a year ago (once I had become much more knowledgeable to BJDdom) I had a chance to get her, someone was selling her fullset for about $1700. Now I am so in love with this doll and have been since the beginning, price didn't matter. I contacted the seller immediately and got her on hold. About a month from then I realised there was no possibly way I could get all the money for her in time, so I let the seller know and gave up.

From time to time I would look for her on here, on ebay, and on Y!JA and a few popped up every now and then, though not all were fullsets which is what I really wanted. But even so, when they did show up I never had the money.

Until now. I found a seller on here, had her up for sale, fullset, and asking a very reasonable price (much less than $1700)! I contacted the seller immediately, and was, luckily, the first of many to contact. I now have her on layaway, and with my semi-new job will definitely be able to pay her off! She hasn't come home yet, but I have the security of knowing she will!!!

That's my story :)

4. It was never really grim, hon ... that's what keeping the faith is all about. But, for me, helping you get your Kaede was better than bringing her home myself. You'll probably never know how happy I am for this resolution. She belongs with you! (And you were wonderful ... plus, you never gave up that dream!)

I love reading these stories. I love when we find positives in our lives, and I simply adore happy endings. *card-carrying sentimental sap* Thank you everyone for sharing these.

My collection has grown to the point of an embarrassment of riches over the years, and each makes me happy in its own way. But I kinda didn't tell the full story when I started this thread, because there has always been one other doll (and I didn't have him when I created this thread). I just decided not to dream ... whenever he came up, he seemed insanely priced - even though it gets kinda silly when you keep buying dolls that call to you and after x-number of them, you've really spent the money for the one. I talked myself into being content looking at pictures. And consciously Did. Not. Dream.

Frankly, he was still insanely priced when I bought him (though not Bermann-insane ;)). But that Rainy Day Doll Fund idea for the time you have to act this moment really works. You shove the dollar bills and every penny of loose change into a jar, and lo and behold, it does get substantial. (The amazing amount collected on behalf of the Lady Diana fund came largely from loose change collections on British Airway flights ... never underestimate the ultimate wealth hiding in the clink in your pocket, the bottom of your handbag or your change purse!)

I have NEVER paid more for a doll. But even with prices falling and tastes for older dolls changing in the face of new designs, I'd pay it again. Tsukasa Konoe is home.

[He came with a damaged faceup, and I angsted over whether to wipe a limited or see if a talented artist could repair him. I chose the full wipe, and he's out now, a new incarnation in the making. :)]

5. Isao and Rose are my dream dolls. I had to wait about a year before Isao's started turning up on the market.

Rose is a new love and the more I looked at her the more I fell in love

(The desires of the eyes damn them!)
      So now Rose is on her way home and should be here next week!

I had been in love with a FCS F-14 but I realized that she already looked like Mimi too much.. I like scuplts that look different from what I already have.

I admire the marias, the Tenshis, the Mimis the School B heads but they all have similar qualties....

6. I am not sure if I have posted here before.... oh well...

My dream doll is of course is... limited. It just has to work that way right?
      Volks Masha. I saw her once and from then on she never really left my mind. She IS the perfect doll. Like a beautiful pale ghost, it is really like she sprouted from my imagination.... but of course like many things that are born from my mind... they are unreachable.
      I have tried to push her away... tried to set my eyes on other dolls... but it never seems to actually work... I just end up staring longingly at gallery pictures and lurking in the marketplace hoping to find her...
      it makes me feel like a crazy person.

oh well. maybe someday it will work out... right?

7. One dream doll of mine that I'd die at the chance to own is DOD's Collection Black Luke. I'm suprised no one's mentioned him, or the Black Ducan. Really, I'd love to own any of the Collection Black series from DOD, but especially Black Luke. But, seeing as how there's only one of him, and if he were ever up for sale he'd go for thousands, there's essentially no chance whatsoever of that. Getting a Black doll from DOD at all is impossible for me. Don't have any money to go to the big dolpa where they're released, and there's no way I'd ever have enough to bid on it and win. Impossible dream dolls. -sighs- I guess that's why they're called dreams though.

ETA:
      My other dream doll is a Minimee Cloud. A moody, broody, emo Cloud. But at $400 for two heads, it's just out of my range right now. I'm trying to find someone local that would be willing to go in on it and split it, but I don't even know if DIM would do any more Clouds at all. At least $400 won't be so bad once I get myself a job over the summer.

8. My dream doll was a Volks, Olivia. I never considered her until I saw her with a custom faceup by Tammy Kraweitz. After that happened, I starting dreaming and planning on how I would come up with the money and opportunity to buy her. Within a year I found one, and then another so I now own two customized Volks Olivia's and they are my dream dolls, although I do love all of my dolls.

9. My dream doll originally was just my Spinel. I bought him as soon as I had the funds on hand.

But now, I'm absolutely dying for an Amber, Beryl, or Glot. :< I'm sure I probably won't get any of them. Though thankfully right now is a good time for doll buyers since people need to get rid of dolls to pay for more important things in life. I'm holding out to see if soom will release anymore hoofed beauties in the future.

10. I dont know if my little Devil hana counts as my dream doll or not. But i did see a pic of an angel hana in a meetup thread once and thought she was so cute...i found out more about the company and realised that she was a limited and all gone:( I started coveting her but not seriously trying to get hold of her as i was saving for a Ducan at the time. Then i noticed one on marketplace, i looked at the thread for a while, then went out for some food to think about getting her or not. By the time i got home i decided to contact the seller and say id snap her up...big mistake...she'd just gone.....it was then i realised i really needed her....a name and character had emerged in my mind. So i decided to put a wtb thread up and low and behold Katie my devil hana came home.

The other doll ive had trouble getting (parts of at least) was my souldoll celestyn, now i got Ninde just before he went out of stock (he was one of the last made), they assured me his head would come back in stock in a couple of months (i wanted to get a second one)....they never did and he was discontinued. I tried wtb thread but the poor chap is an unpopular doll so hes few and far between. It took me 8months of hoping against hope that someone would sell one. I finally found someone who had the head only and was thinking of selling, yay i thought...but it was not to be, she decided to keep the head. Worked out in my favour tho as someone then wanted to sell a full celestyn doll and would only do a split if i could find someone who wanted the body. Thankfully the possible seller of the head only wanted it so i got the head after all....i was over the moon!

11. Soom Sard and more recently Volks Genji. Sard I found out I just missed out on when I joined the hobby and Genji, well, no money when he came out. Someday, though...someday.

Dollshe boys [Hound, Saint, Bernard- I want all 3 someday!] where on the list, but with the re-opening of Dollshe I know I'll get at the least a Saint later this year, when my doll funds recover from Soom! :)

12. One of my first insanely dollie-loves of limiteds was Volks Rose.

I have now purchased her head and default eyes, saving for her default wig, and looking around for a suwarrico body...

I am SO happy.

Now if I can just get an SDCute Renee, Volks Chii, Volks Suigintou and Volks Souseiseki, I'll be great! : D

13. Soom Beryl.

I've liked her since I saw her (4 months sold out :doh) on the Soom website. I haunt the MP, but they're sooooo out of my price range right now.

I purchased a Glot mostly because she is Beryl (chibi :abambi: ) and Amber because she has hooves (like Beryl) and horns and I couldn't miss another hoofy (and those ears are just to darn cute X333).

That was the real reason I suppose. But they have they're own characters now, and I love them, don't get me wrong. :3 I know that was not the right thing to do (save and wait) but I don't regret it at all (like I said love them to pieces).

*sigh* Someday!

14. I've always want KDF Cherry boy from Luts, and maybe someday there really is a Cherry named Valve, so spoiled and pretty, cute boy <3

15. My dream doll was not a limited or anything. Just the first doll to ever make me stop and just stare at her face. Had been into the hobby for a few years and looked over dolls slowly in thought. Always just finding each pretty then moving on without much thought. Then one day on ebay...I saw her. A D.o.c Twing-key. The owner had her in a white curly wig with bright blue eyes. I was completely taken with her. Yet my boyfriend at the time wanted me to wait before buying...she sold an hour before he came home. I was in tears and gave into letting him pick my first doll. A year later my new guy was listening to me talk about her and how beautiful she was. How much I loved her and had wanted her first. He asked to see a picture of her so I showed the website. He browsed around the D.O.D website for a little while then just walked off. I waved it off as nothing. Then christmas rolls around..and he ordered her for me. With the new style body, an extra wig, and eyes...and even let me pick out tons of clothes from other websites for her. I was stunned that anyone would do something like that for me. So here I am waiting for her to come home with an event head I hadn't even known about. My dream girl is coming home because of a great guy

16. I don't have my dream doll yet, since the only place I can obtain said doll is in Tenshi no Sato in Japan! I really, really want Volks Shiratori, have ever since I saw him/her. So, I'm saving and waiting, but at least I know he/she isn't limited. That's a plus.

However, I have a couple others. I have two Elf Chiwoos and they were dream dolls, as well as a Breakaway! Yay!

17. I'm still desperately searching for that "dream doll", i've yet to ever see one come close to what i'm after.

I think my most luckiest and my most thankfull dream doll would be my Delphine. I seriously ended up in tears knowing i wouldn't be able to pull the funds together before the ordering period ended. (She was released at a bad time for me) But i was SO incredibly fortunate that miakyou pm'd me asking if i wanted to split with her. She even let me pay her off once i'd gotten the money together instead of straight away. I count my blessings that i was lucky enough to be able to get her. I treat her like a princess! It's still kind of a disbelief for me but seeing her makes me happy~

18. I managed to get my dream doll Isao Nanjou (ver1) as my first BJD. I bought him from a Canadian seller as a complete original faceup doll in box but without outfit and wig. I paid US$725 inclusive of shipping for the naked doll with box. I was fortunate to find his full set outfit with shoes in the DOA market place, I pounced on it and paid US$280 for the full set outfit inclusive of shipping from Malaysia to Canada! :sweat I started looking for his original wig and found it on YJapan 3 weeks ago. Ria_ria helped me bid for the wig on YJapan and then shipped it together with my FCS order. The wig cost me around US$100. I am now the proud owner of a full set Isao Nanjou. I would love to parade him in photos but decided not to because of the many bad things that is happening to him. I keep him in his box where he rest quietly. It is no joke owning this doll, gathering his accessories from all over the world.

My second dream doll is the FCS F38 which arrived just last week. I've named him Christian and he will cosplay Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin as well as cosplay Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. :aheartbea

19. I've had several people who live in Japan near Tenshi no Sato tell me that he's still available and one of the Tenshi dolls that Volks keeps in stock over there. I can name at least four different people tell me that. So... I'm not losing hope until they tell me to my face.