1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

keeping the original box?

Jul 23, 2019

1. I have all of mine, but two of them were easy enough to flatten. The other box is holding all of the packaging and accessories he came with for the time being (full set). I couldn't imagine getting rid of them, it would be too hard to replace them if I need to store or move them later.

2. I've kept all the ones I've got home through the years, they take up a bit of space, but I don't want to part with them, and not at all if I ever were to move. I probably would have tossed them had I not had the space to store them, but I do, so they stay.

3. I still have my two boxes, I have always saved them. I would love to see more boxes with good design and prints, like the Honey Delf one :love

4. I like to keep the boxes as they're kind of a part of the doll to me, and I keep the COAs in the box. It might become more of a problem when I start getting more though.

Also they help retain/keep the value I believe

5. Not all of my dolls came with company boxes. If the box is nice, and original to the doll, I will try to keep it. However, companies sometimes ship several smaller dolls in a single big box. And second-hand dolls are often shipped in whatever is handy.
      I'm now running out of room, so I'm seriously considering throwing some boxes away....

6. I always keep the original boxes, and if I'm not displaying a doll it gets stored in its box. I wouldn't get rid of a box unless it got so badly damaged that it was unusable. It's the same for all my collectible items.

7. I thought I had all four boxes when I moved but turns out I have 2 out of the four XD I did use the one DOT box to transport my biggest boy effectively, lmao. My two DoCs shared an original DoD carrying case at least. I guess maybe the limited DoC didn't come with a carrying case and just had a box- which I haven't the foggiest where it's gone to. My Pipos Mango still has her box too.

8. I hate the idea of keeping boxes. Except for heavily recast companies, the boxes are merely something to ship the doll in. It's nice to have them when you sell as it's often hard to find another box that fits. I simply don't have the room to store boxes either.

9. I keep my bjd in her box, but I imagine they would take too much space in my apartment if I had more D: Her box already takes a full spacey drawer.

10. I like to keep the boxes for storage, I'm hoping to move from an apartment to house at some point and it'll be good for that but it's also great b/c right now I have no where to display them. The air and dust around here tends to make things really dirty so I don't want to keep anyone out until I get something a little more airtight to display them in.

I also really like having them for collector's reasons, I don't often keep boxes for things but these feel like a part of the doll so keep them feels different.

I'm trying to think of a good way to label them though for easier identification, I don't really wanna put a sticker on them in case it damages the cardboard but I'm wondering if I'm being too cautious about it since I don't plan on reselling any.

But I do have one off topic doll that came in a really ugly featureless sack, I'm getting a new bag made for her by a friend and I'll probably toss that sack after >:V

11. I keep all my boxes, if the dolls came with one. Partly because I think some of them are very pretty(Fairyland and Luts boxes are really nice), and partly because I prefer to sell them with their boxes unless the buyer requests otherwise or if I bought them without one.

As far as buying secondhand dolls, I have bought ones who didn't have their original boxes and it's not a big deal to me if they don't have it. As long as I can confirm they're legit dolls, the box doesn't matter.

12. Good question! I always ask myself if I should keep their boxes but then I think...I’m only 17 so I live with my parents, so one day when I move out, I would like to put them in their boxes for safe keepings! Also of course, having the og box for resale (if that’s what you are doing) is a big plus! I don’t store anything in my boys box and I can’t even imagine what it’s gonna be like Storing an SD size box is like! But, I say atm I will be keeping all my boxes!

13. I still keep it but the more dolls I have the more I hate these boxes.

14. I keep all my boxes. I don't expose my dolls and store them in their boxes. I take them out only when I work on them or for a photo session. Moreover it's better to keep the box if you want to sell someday. I don't think I would ever buy a second hand doll without its box.

15. I keep the boxes for storage (important in a house with rowdy cats...), which will be double useful if I ever move, but also because they're important for documentation, especially for companies that are often counterfeited. If something had happened and I did have to ditch the boxes, I would at least try to cut out part of the fox (like the front with the logo) to keep with the doll, if possible.

Some companies I wouldn't be worried about without a box (Resinsoul/Bobobie for example), but others, like Fairyland, I'd be a lot more cautious of. I'd rather have even a really dinged up box over no box ^^;

16. I normally store my dolls in there boxes if I have to go out of town for a bit so they don't get sun damage

17. Recently when I received a doll, I still have her inside the box INSIDE of the shipped box - hilariously enough, my nephew, kept the box she was shipped in and built a robot of some sort - so it's been sitting around for almost a month. :lol:

18. With a collection the size of mine (and with most of the gang being larger sculpts on top of that... o_O ) I just flat-out don't have the space to hang on to the boxes. They would take up half of the garage or our entire little attic at this point. So, it's straight off to the recycle bin with the boxes around here, unless I know right off that the doll won't be sticking around.

19. I have a bad habit of keeping all of the packagings for my dolls/figures, even for things that have very little value. It makes moving them easier and safer, and I hold on to some of them for artistic value, but they do take up too much closet space in my little apartment nowadays!

20. (Didn't mean to post twice. This was an accident, sorry!)