1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kid Delf Head + Mini Fee Body? Hybrid

Apr 2, 2006

1. I didn't have to mod my doll this way, her head came with the KDF neck piece (and a pair of hands) and I just used that with a SMALL amount of sanding around the neck.
      The MNF neck mechanism comes right off, you can use the S-hook or buy a tougher one from a hardware store.

2. I have both a Jeong and a Dreaming An head on order at the moment that I intend to put on MNF bodies... It'll be interesting to see if any substantial modding needs to be done, and if they come with neck pieces.

My intention was to restring the MNF bodies with plain s-hooks in place of the neck mechanism, round off the top of the neck with some sanding, and then use split washers or resin "doughnut" pieces to hold the hooks in place inside the heads. That trick has worked really well for putting my Type 2 delf heads on Type 1 bods, and without the neck mechanism in the way the head should sit lower on the neck.

We'll see how that works when Yeru and Lir get here and I get around to buying them bodies. :D

3. Hi Naughtyfairyspirit, I think that those bodies with the new neck mechanism (which does come off very easily, btw) have a reshaped neck to be longer and wider at the top. That was my experience, anyway. How long ago did you get your MNF bod?

Do you see what I mean in the pictures I posted earlier? I couldn't put my Woori head on the body without modification. First of all, the neck was way too long, and secondly, the head didn't sit right on the neck, and it looked really obvious, not something I could "live with." Like, if I tilted her head to the side, there was this ginormous gap. :ablink:

4. Mine came with the new neck mechanism, I got her about one year ago this June/July. I sanded the neck and the neck hole a small bit, but I definitely didn't have to take any of the length off the neck.... perhaps it's because you chose a different head? The Nara head fit without sanding but I didn't like the look of it + she kept tilting off in funny directions :sweat . I just made the two parts conform to one another (made them the same shape), it was hardly any work at all. The Nara head is longer and looked good on a long neck, so I guess if it weren't I would have done the same? ;)

5. Ohhhhh! I gotcha now. It must be the head, then, an older design. Glad we cleared this up. Man, I was getting confused! :lol:

Lin

6. The S-hook that comes in the Mini Fee body is very tiny, just enough to attach the neck mechanism to the elastic. ^^ So you will want to buy the S-hook from luts, remove the neck mechanism that is in the MNF body, and put in the bigger S-hook. All you have to do there is hook the elastic to the wider end, and put the slimmer end in the loop in the kid delf head cap. ^_^

7. Ranmanekineko: Your Kid Delf Ani head looks lovely on the MiniFee body! (: I was considering buying a MiniFee body for my Cherry, but really would prefer not to have to do any modifications... Did you have to? If so, what kinds?
      Thanks!

8. Oh I just did this swap last night and though my fingers are still sore after the ridiculously tight minifee body, I'm happy with the results. Now I'm wondering if the neck piece would have come off with a little less effort, not taking the whole doll apart.. People told me it's really hard so I didn't do it right away. I can post pics later if anyone is still interested? I guess the molds might have changed a bit since the last post.

My Chloe head sits nicely in the Kid Delf body with the neck piece, only the neck is a bit short. My Bory in the Minifee body is okay I guess, but the neck is too long and wide at the top for tilting the head a lot, so I might go ahead and sand it one day. I love them both dearly anyway. :)

9. pikkumei -- what resin color are you working with? It seems like some people have no problem with the resin match and other people find it's wildly different. Are the different batches of resin that different? And is your KDF new or a couple of years old?

10. thessalyrose: both dolls are ws. Nude pic coming up!

For some reason the heads might actually match the wrong bodies better. Might be because the Kid Delf body is old, a bit yellowed (and dirty) and the Minifee Chloe-head somehow matches after blushing and face-up and a zillion layers of sealant. The Kid Delf Bory head on the other hand has been washed a lot and is whiter. You can see the third luts colour on the clenched hand which is new and a lot pinkier.

Okay, I can't describe the skins very well. Both are a couple of years old, anyway. I tried to catch the right white balance for this pic and did not alter it, so you can see for yourselves. Also, notice the difference in height! It will be less though when I sand the Minifee neck and make an extra piece for the Kid Delf neck.

[​IMG]

11. I'd love to know if anyone has successfully sanded down the necks, or if that makes them too weak or anything. I really want a KDF head on a MNF body, but am worried about destroying such expensive things *__*

12. Im so glad to hear about this, I got an extra kid delf head from an event and I was wondering if it could match! thanks a lot for the info! ^^

13. Has anyone tried putting a KDF head onto an M-line body? I would love to see what it looks like, and if the KDF head still looks proportionate on the shorter body. I'm planning on this hybrid for the future and want to make sure everything will turn out all right. Thanks guys! C:

14. THIS is what I have been wanting to know, thank you! I planned on just popping down to Home Depot for an S hook and did not know what size to look for. I am guessing I would need the 1" for my Unoa head. :) Much appreciated!