1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

KIZDOLLS Discussion - Part II

Jan 17, 2012

1. Well their communication is still poor and now they're being fingered as copy cats, apparently.

2. I know a lot of dolls and sculpts that look the same and are from different companies. Its probably coincidence.

3. i have to agree with moira. there are many sculps that look the same and are from different companies.
      so i don't think it's a big reason not to order from them

4. Thank you Jigarkhvar. :) Kizdolls dollies are so pretty, i hope the company can get back on its feet soon.

5. I'm really on the fence about whether I think Kizdolls is copying or not. I want to say not, but it's true the Dylan head is very similar to Genji, at least from the side. Although that Genji head used in the comparison picture was modded. I didn't want to mention it and maybe seem contradictory, but I also am a sculptor although I haven't sculpted any dolls yet. However, I can still see some of what has been pointed out and I see some very difficult mods to make as well. I mean, technically speaking, a sculptor could sand down and mod any bjd head into another head. So, I don't really know where to go with this one.

6. But if you mod something enough, what difference does it make? Like Jigar and Moira said, there are boun to be similarities, especially since pretty much all dolls, like humans, have several things in common: Eyes, Nose, Lips, and Ears. When you're tryin to sculpt things to appeal to a certain market, those four things I mentioned are bound to look similar to other heads, at some point along the way. Maybe the sculptor liked Genji and wanted something similar. But I had this conversation with a well-known doll modder when I first got into the hobby: Modifying the lips is a hell of a lot more difficult than modding the nose or eyes.
      And for Kizdolls to take a Genji head, shift the eye holes up/down half a centimeter, open the mouth slightly AND pucker the lips of a solidly closed mouth, straight-lipped sculpt, well, I am impressed with their modding capabilities. But I still stand by that it's different enough to be acceptable as its own sculpt, and not as a knock off.

7. Mhm. That was what I was talking about specifically. Essentially what I'm saying is I can see both sides, so I'll reserve judgement for now. But, like I said earlier, I would prefer to say it's not a copy.

8. Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack you for what you said, Helter. :3 That was meant to be a blanket response to the whole issue, not what you said specifically.

9. Oh, I see what you mean now ZennoSaji. :) I think we agree too for the most part. It's sad that a company gets these accusations, but it's also sad when they're not entirely without merit. I wonder if we will ever really know.

10. Hey y'all, forgive my girly ignorance but it seems like I'm having a problem. When I'm filling out my shipping information and all that good stuff, I'll hit the checkout button, but it doesn't let me through, saying 'please specify payment method!' in a little popup box. But the problem is, there's nothing to select and there's 2 text boxes for you to do that, but I can't type in it. So umm, for those of you who have bought a doll through here: http://www.kizdolls.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt
      What am I doing wrong?!

11. Jesus Christ, they're like scammers and a half! It's good that you actually got your doll, but I'm wondering if buying one is worth the hassle? I'm impatient, and I've not had very many good experiences buying bjd's, so I'd get hysterical after 2 months of waiting.

12. Kideme, the website gliches. you have to order through email (thats what i did)

13. Ok, so any news with Kizdolls? Are they better now? New boy looks amazing. That facesculpt is really lovely

14. Havent heard a peep

15. So Isent email to Dop asking if Icould get new guy on old body. Because I like it more. And in just few hours I got reply. They said that there is no problemwirh that. And if I m interested I should send them my address and phone no., for shipping quote an tha they will send me payment info. And it about 30 days waiting. But I hsve to say that even I like new guy, I can buy from Angelsdoll their new man without any trouble for even better money,because I have there many save up points. I m really scared of troubles

16. Wow, they actually replied within a few hours?! Thats odd :P Well, do what you want!

17. Nah, I ordered Angelsdoll Duncan. Its much safer choice. And even cheaper. I love AD bodies. Well I like look of Kiz body too. But I d rather be on safe side

18. Yeah. I like my Kizdolls boy, but quality-wise there is no comparing him to my Angelsdoll boy. Plus I just don't believe anything that DOP says. They'll have to prove themselves first.

19. Help me!
      I ordered Saiy elf-Fullset Limited 2011-10-11 Online http://www.kizdolls.com/index.php?gOo=shop.dwt
      I wrote a lot of times the firm and keep getting totally different answers. I do not know how long I have to wait and what to do ...