1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

KIZDOLLS Discussion - Part II

Jan 17, 2012

1. Well, Keep emailing every now and then on status updates, and try using the "i may want a refund if he isnt finished soon" sort of thing.

2. Yes, I second that. Threaten legal action. Be aggressive. I had to hunt them down on Taobao and threaten them there to get my doll. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have not sent your doll already.

3. Oh man, shit is going dowwwwwwn....

I had that feeling from the second I opened the box picked up my Saiy that something was wrong with this company!!

Don't believe me? Look at the previous thread!!
      And everyone was like "oh, you're being silly, you're overreacting bla" :|

Well, I can't say I told you so... Very sad since I absolutely love my Dorian.
      I don't want to not be able to talk about him on DoA.

Hopefully we can safely say that the Elf Saiy sculpts are not bootlegs, and they won't be banned...

4. I love Dimitrius sooooooo much. Hes just so perfect. Kizdolls needs to step it up.

5. I am sad. I waited four months, but did not get the doll. The firm said that he would return the money.

6. Awwwwwwww *hug*

7. Did you ever get your money back? I hope so!

Well, folks, more sad news on Kizdoll quality. Bane's headcap spontaneously broke.

[​IMG]
      Broken Kizdoll head cap by Helter.Skelter., on Flickr

Copy pasta from my Flickr:

Some of you may remember I was bitterly disappointed when I opened my Kizdoll Samier. Now, I have more reason to be disappointed.
      Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, I kept having this strange feeling I should get up and check on Bane. No idea what it was, but I figured I was being paranoid. Eventually I got up so I could just see nothing was wrong and go to bed. Well, something WAS wrong. The little pegs that help hold the headcap in place had snapped at some point.

Now, this is really weird, because this doll has sat around on my shelf for a long time. In fact, it's been gathering dust because I tend to neglect it, being that I was so disappointed. The last time I moved him was to take pictures a while ago, maybe even months ago, and his headcap was fine then.

So, it would seem the resin (if that IS what it is) is disintegrating. You can see the broken pieces in the top picture.

The second picture is to show you the striation in the resin, as well as the severe color difference between the outside and the inside of the resin. This is strange, considering this doll is normal skin and I sanded his seams without discoloration. Perhaps it's lighter because it stressed and broke?

The third picture shows a leg piece that arrived to me broken from Bobobie (they sent a replacement immediately. Dennis is always amazing and wonderful to deal with). Anyway, the reason I'm showing this is because although you see the same striation, the feel of the resin is completely different. The broken Kizdoll resin is dry and brittle, almost as if it were heat damaged or something. The broken BBB resin is smooth throughout and has the same glossy touch. So, if some of you are thinking this is a case of "you get what you pay for," that's not quite it. Kizdolls are in fact more expensive than BBB/RS dolls. They were when I ordered AND they just raised their prices, TWICE. So, I've paid less for better dolls... there's just no excuse.

Final picture shows the inside of the head, where the s-hook is basically just eating away the resin. By the way, the s-hook they sent with him was tarnished and disgusting, which is why you see all that gunk and the stains inside his head. It's since been replaced, but I'm thinking of lining the inside with moleskin or something to protect it.

Bane is definitely getting reshelled...

8. Wow. There are no words. :| I'm so sorry, Helter, and everyone else that bought one of these dolls.

9. I'm glad it's an easy fix and it was something hidden from view. But it really is a testament to the quality issues I was worried about. Luckily it will help to serve as a warning to others.

10. OH MY GOD
      this is horrible ö.ö
      My boy is still fine. i think the quality changed a lot....>.< and i really liked to have another kizdoll...but with this facts....no...surely not

11. My Elf Saiy is in perfect condition. I have had no complaints about him other than the initial repairs he needed when I first got him. He is possibly my most loved doll.

But yes, sorry to all who are suffering. :C

I do believe that Kizdolls have changed since I ordered my doll too. He was mostly fine when I received him, and he smelt like normal resin, and not toxic gunk like people were complaining about on the old thread. Darn.

12. I missed this thread. I'm sorry about Bane HS but atleast it's something you can fix.

13. *bites nails* Soooo . . . I really wanna get Vince . From what I am reading, you can order from DOP but problems are surfacing . . . What happened to their main site kizdolls.com ??
      (sorry for my ignorance lol too tired to comprehend all those pages)

edit:
      Also stumbled on to this thread . .. Did they just abandoned the dolly business ?

14. It has been a minute since that thread has been made and they have since started finishing orders again .
      Hoped I helped!

15. This is nuts. Dimitrius is Amazing, and i have no complaints about him (aside from the resin around his wrists being very thin so i have to be careful). Seeing all these issues are making me wonder if just the orders from YourDOP are bad, because i ordered mine direct. I also got a certificate of Authenticity with him, and i make sure its safe. If you got a certificate, and it is stamped with the Kizdoll logo, then it should be in decent condition. This sucks, i really wanted to get a White Elf Saiy as a twin for my Normal Elf Saiy, but i guess i'll have to find a different doll. I guess they wont be identical twins....That or order direct from Taobao and use Google Translate to help...Odd, it says thay have dolls in stock on the Taobao page...Hmmmmmm......

Edit:

@Syko - Yeah, i think Kizdolls flew the coop. Their original website isn't working, and ive tried emailing the YourDOP people and i havent gotten a single response in the 5 months that ive tried emailing them. Sorry guys, but i think Kizdolls is done.

More Edits

@Helter Skelter - I feel so bad for that doll of yours. Its not his fault he was made by a crummy company. I decided to post some pics of my Elf Saiy, Dimitrius, to compare the new and old headcap styles. Dimitrius' head cap doesn't have any hook nobbie things, just a few indents to help keep it in place. I have a baaadddd feeling about the recent dolls....

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. I really hope this company would get back on their feet.:( I feel really sorry for everyone who had to go through the horrible transactions. HelterSkelter I hope Bane gets fixed soon!

I feel sad as well for a fellow BJD enthusiast here in the Philippines; she was hoping to get a Vince after all the company issues have been resolved.

Sharing a photo of Kai to help lift everyone's spirits a bit; I redid his faceup a few months ago & got him a new wig from Usagihime.=)

[​IMG]

17. Yeah, I was hoping to get a Vince too... :C

18. Well, the thing was that Kizdolls merged with YourDOP, so they became the same company. Not only does the YourDOP website say that, but it was also announced on BJDCollectasy here http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/dolls-of-paradise/dop-kizdolls-merge.html. So, essentially, the old Kizdoll company did not exist anymore after early 2011. So, while the old Kizdolls website was up, I'm sure the same people were handling the orders after the time of the merger (maybe even before then?).

If you looked at the "About" page on both sites, they were both registered as trademarks under ZONA Inc. So it seems like they were just two websites owned by the same company and they merged them into one. It does look like YourDOP isn't communicating with anyone, but they're releasing new products and the system will still take orders. I don't know if anyone has placed an order since then and gotten it filled, but I wonder if they might just be taking people's money at this point.

One of my friends who has casting experience says a friend of hers said the problem I experienced with Bane was most likely from old resin. The resin had sat around for a long time before they mixed it and was no longer good but they used it anyway. It accounts for the brittle resin and the strange texture, and it also might account for the smell. So, we can be pretty sure they're using inferior materials at this point.

Conclusion- Yeah, I think they're pretty much dead as a reputable company at this point.

19. What do the dolls smell like. My Vince didn't smell like resin. As a matter of fact, I was wearing a mask when I was opening him and when I took it off I forgot why I was wearing it.:?

20. Well, it was a chemical smell of some sort, but not resin, that's for sure! He smelled pretty bad when I opened him and he smelled worse when I sanded him but now he doesn't smell at all. I washed him right after opening him because of the spots, but he still stank. To my understanding, toxic resin will nevver stop stinking, so maybe there was something on the doll. I washed it with dish soap prior to doing some scars and such on the body, so maybe I just finally got it all, but boy he smelled bad!