1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

KIZDOLLS Discussion - Part II

Jan 17, 2012

1. Do you think something might be wrong with mine!!!!!!

2. I hope not, yours may be perfectly fine. Have you inspected him really well? How does he feel? Is the resin brittle? Does it have an odd texture? Do you have other dolls to compare him to weight and feel-wise?

I know this company had a history of making nice dolls at one point. Mine just could be a really bad one.

3. He doesn't feel brittle, but I really have nothing to compare him to.

4. Well, that's good. My guy definitely has a brittle feel, sort of feels like plastic compared to my other guys who feel more like porcelain (in spite of resin being a type of plastic... but I digress!). Like, if you stroke the headcap, does it feel like there's tons of little bumps there or is it smooth? My guy is not smooth at all.

Anywho, yesterday I fixed the headcap and because I'm reshelling Bane, I gave the head a new faceup. Don't know if he'll stay like this, but here he is.

[​IMG]
      kizdoll new faceup 01 by Helter.Skelter., on Flickr

5. @Helter Wow, he looks yummy :3

6. you did a very nice face up on him ^^
      i like his eyes too ^^

7. Hey guys! i just wanted to pop in here. After doing some more research, I'll post my question here. I have a thread up in the buying/shipping thread about problems with Kizdolls. that was before I found this.

My friend ordered from them last year and her Vincent arrived promptly and beautifully. We had no problems, and communication was usually within 24 hours. We ordered from their original site, mind you. Well, she wanted to order another, so we put in her order on Janary 28th, again from their original site, and not DOP. This time, there's no communication. Absolutely none, and it's been 3 months. Well, going on three months. 20 more days before we hit that three months. Are others having problems? They won't answer emails, no matter how many i send, and their original site is now no longer working. Since I didn't order through DOP, I wonder if they would still be able to help me. This is the most trouble i've ever had with a company, and i'm getting increasingly angry and discouraged.

8. Well, part of the problem I think is that Kizdolls fully merged with YourDOP in 2011. So, they are now totally and completely the same company. They were supposed to shut the old site down shortly after the merge, but the old site was (and possibly still is?) taking orders although no one was manning it.

People have been having problems with them for months. I myself had to wait about 6 months for my doll and it arrived with lots of problems. Another person ordered a doll for her sister and it too arrived with some issues and was a long wait, almost 7 months, if I remember correctly. And, most recently, another girl never got her doll and was just lucky they sent back her money. For all we know there are still more people waiting on dolls that may never come.

I only got my doll after finding them on Taobao and threatening to report them for fraud there. Now they are not answering emails at all. I tried messaging them a few times about one of their dolls that's suspected of being a modified recast of another doll.

Take a look at all these threads:

Kizdoll Feedback

Waiting room

Old discussion thread Problems start around page 31 and go until this thread even.

YourDOP feedback

If you can cancel the payment somehow, I would.

Oh, and thanks everyone :). I had a really hard time with his eyebrows for some reason. The new faceup is helping a bit, still haven't named him yet though!

9. Haven't been on this thread in AGES! But, I've been lurking. ;P

It makes me terribly sad that all of these complications are arising, though. I've been keeping my eyes on Samier, and now that they have Dylan, I'm itching to buy either or... BUT, I know, I know about the problems, so I must be vigilant. Ugh, I really wish this wasn't happening! I'd really love to own one!

10. i really wanna have another kizdoll...i like their dolls, but as everyone said the problems keep me from buying...

11. so cute!!!!

12. Wow, it really has been forever since i posted anything on this discussion. I've been trying to get ahold of YourDOP because i found something interesting. On the Taobao website for Kizdolls it says that there are 8 White Elf Saiys in stock and yet on the Your DOP website, it says they are sold out. I have messaged YourDOP to see if they could get ahold of a White elf saiy head for me, seeing as I really need one >.< Like, super in need of one.

But I have come across people on Deviantart who adore their Kizdoll Boys, even though they said they had the same problems as a lot of you. I seem to be one of the only ones who got their boy in decent timing, but that was back in 2011.

I also recently got a severly damaged Human Saiy head third hand :3 He is horribly stained, but soaking him in some alchohol should fix that.

To raise the hopes that this company straigtens out...Have some picspam!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. He is beautiful!

14. he really is.
      i wonder if they still have problems

15. they're dolls are amazing and I would want to purchase one but I heard that something happened to kizdoll, i think their dolls is a bit brittle now ? and im scared if i order that it might easily broke :( but i really want a vince tho

16. i don't know if they are brittle i just know the company has problems with shipping and stuff and it super long for the users here to get their doll...and on one case it was smelling chemical >.<
      i really wish to have another kizdoll but due to the problems i am afraid to order

17. I hate that KIZDOLL (or yourdop) has such terrible quality now and is so careless with their dolls :( I absolutely love my elf saiy and I really wanted another KIZDOLL! My mother was the one who dealt with all the transactions all those years ago (2009 or 2010?) and I think she talked to the costumer support lady at least once every week... :( I hate that they're still not a very good company to buy from.