1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kui dolls: Gui, XuanHao, Leonardo, ChiCang Yi, FeiTen Si & Bi Jian!

Aug 8, 2008

1. I was wondering about the same thing.

Geri

2. All of them are nice looking, second one being my favourite... but those won't be probaply included at my doll plans....:|

3. I would like one but I would greatly appreciate it if I could see pictures of the plain head sculpts without wigs and faceups. Some of the guys have their hair all in their face, and while it makes a pretty picture, it's hard to see.

4. Kya! :D
      According to a post on the news thread, there are three different resins available, including two versions of white! I'm guessing that means a more 'natural' white and a 'paper' white. *__*
      I wonder if TATA will update their page with different skin options one of these days...because I won't be ordering until they do. XD
      (Well, I won't be ordering until I have the money saved up, actually, but yes....XDDD )

Oh, and to those questioning it, as far as I can tell the manufacturer of the dolls is ' 魁人形' which seems to translate as 'Quebec Ningyo'. The artist's blog is under the name 'salome048' (linked earlier for body pics). TATA's Paradise is just the dealer for the dolls.
      I don't know why TATA has two sites, though...I was wondering that myself.

5. their website's up http://www.kui.idv.tw/
      but there seems to be only in Chinese...= =;;
      the dolls were made from Taiwan, so I believe that Tata is a dealer.=)

6. Nice to see the unpainted heads! The sculpting looks really good on them!

Has anyone ordered one yet???

7. Is there translations for the names, so we don't just call them 'The Elf', 'The Red head', etc...

And WOW, that one has those creases in his forhead. Didn't realize that from the pictures with wigs on.

-Anneke

8. :aheartbea love these boys....O-o

9. Oooo, if only I had the money, Elf Dude would be mine in all his full set glory! :nosebleed

I keep wondering about trying to sell a B-el to finance this guy... :|

10. I like the look of these guys too, especially Tianxuan Chi Chang Yi, who reminds me both of CP El, and CP NaNuRi 06.

So far though, the price seems high... I converted it from Taiwanese New Dollar $20,700 (if I'm correct that this is the currency) to Canadian Dollar, and got $698CAD... That seems kinda much, considering that Tata's other items are so reasonably priced... Plus, should something coming from Taiwan be this pricey? I'm not sure what their standards are, for cost of living and such, so I may be completely off here.

I hope I just got it wrong... I do like Chi Chang Yi, and I do like the style of the body sculpt.

The outfits are pretty cool too. Again, I particularly like Chi Chang Yi's black outfit.

11. I love the shape of the body, it would be perfect for an incoming doll head, but TATA says that they're not selling them separately :( Maybe I can find a split partner?? :o

Would still like to see some resin comparison pics with the dolls side by side.

12. tata is a dealer for these boys, based on her last post she was waiting for the company to give her msrp too. The comany is in Taiwan, but I am not sure if the goods will be made in Taiwan or not ( some other manufacturers are being made in china.) 8/23/08 is the inital release date, there is a promo price with 15% disc, I believe. This is for the Taiwanese comic con ( I sure hope that TATA can get the same promo pricing for international customers too.) the prices for BJD in Taiwan is about the same as US, this these boys will be more expensive than DZ.

13. I love the blond one and the dark haired one. They appear to be similar in expression (not so grumpy) are they the same mold with different face ups or different molds?

14. Somewhat similar, though these look narrower through the face and the lips do change depending on which doll you prefer, it looks like. I don't care much for the elf ears. But I do like Yuu from DZ too.

15. Tata's Paradise has had the prices up for a few days now--and it is the promotional price.
      Taken from site:

16. They are all so gorgeous! I just love the sculpts! But, Im a little disappointed that they are only 61cm. I was hoping they would be a little taller, atleast 63-65cm.

17. I love these guys!! I wished they had more, musclular bodies, but that can always be arranged!
      I'm so getting a Bi Gan/Prison!! I even did a mock-up:

[​IMG]
      *so much in love with this psycho-killer!!*

18. Leechy, that's AWESOME. :fangirl: :aheartbea: Thanks...but no thanks, you just made me definitely want to spend money on him :doh: