1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Part 3

Jul 31, 2020

1. He's beautiful :love that looks like some intricate tattoo work he's got :thumbup

2. So, I finally got around to sending my boy off to Angel Toast for his faceup and arm tattoo, and while I was at it, I thought I'd pack up the hands and let Andrea do them, too, since she's so much better at it than I. Has anyone else taken off the ballerino hands? (They're very beautiful, so I'll only mention quickly that I was a little disappointed they are complete mirror images, instead of different poses), but the odd thing is the tiny, delicate piece of resin that sits in the wrist. Any theories on what that bit is for? My Black Pearl doesn't have them - nor any other doll I own, for that matter. They look so fragile, I was terrified of cracking them while removing the hands.

@Follow-the-Wind I love the post-apocalyptic series of dolls that you've created. (At least, that's what they seem to me.) You're 'creepy' settings are absolutely perfect for them! <3

3. @celga
      Do you mean the little tube in the wrist part?

4. Yep. What is that for??

5. Yeah...no idea. Hm. I had to mod that part when I changed s-hooks, but I admit I'm uncertain what it's function is. I was speculating farther back in the thread that I had thought it might be to catch the default s-hook for hand changing purposes, but actually discovered that the default s-hooks go through the small upper hole of that piece. I'm still really curious!

6. I missed your post on that, sorry! I removed and bagged them when I sent the hands off to the spa, and I'm tempted to try just leaving them out when I put the hands back on again to see if it makes any difference. I just can't think of what their purpose may be, unless they give more stability to the hands for posing. I'm stumped! (Anyone else care to hazard a guess?)

7. Oh no worries! But yeah, the hands were fine without the little tube, as I considered trying that route before finally deciding to mod the piece instead because it leaves the wrist very thin without it.

8. What kind of mod did you do? Did you just build it up with epoxy?

9. Oh, no. I was actually making the upper little hole larger so the new s-hooks I got could fit through. So I put the little tube back in. :thumbup

10. Oh, okay! I was worried that it might have been a quick fix to prevent fragile lower arms from being cracked by the elastic. :sweat

11. @Grimalkin Thank you very much! I hightly inspired myself from the work of the tattooist toxyc-xlr on this doll.

@celga Thanks a lot! Yes, some of my dolls are post-apocalyptic styled. I'm very happy it's perceptible!

12. LLT said they are for keeping the the s-hooks from slipping up into the arm when you take the hands off for putting on clothes. They are a problem for movability and also if you want to suede the hands, so we drilled them open and glued them in. We use different s-hooks anyway. If I have to take the hands off, I put something in there to keep the elastic string from slipping anyway, so no need for tubes for me.

13. Oh, interesting! Huh...but, the default s-hooks are not stopped by the little tube at all so now I am very confused. :?

14. :3nodding: You are absolutely right, but that was their answer when we asked. Just another peculiarity concerning the engineering of this adorable doll^^

15. It shall remain one of his mysteries! :aninja:

16. It does stop the s-hooks on my guy! And they don't seem to effect the wrist movement. There is a little tab on the cylinders that needs to go into the slot in the arm. Perhaps they didn't use all the same hooks. I'll try to get a picture.

17. Yes, that is true! If you don't get the little tab into the slot the little tube will stick out past the wrist end.

But that is so interesting!!!! :o
      If I recall correctly, the default s-hooks I had were actually longer than the tube. So they had to go through the little hole or the hand would not sit flush on the wrist. I can't test it anymore since I modded the tube part. But yeah, I just remember being super surprised since that hole is so little.

I wonder if that is part of the hand positioning problem people come across sometimes. Because some hooks go through the tube and get jammed.

18. Well, my original hooks did not slip into the arms all the way, that is true, the tubes did stop them from that - but they went so far inside the tubes that you needed something like a crochet hook to get them out again.^^

The movability is not hindered by the tubes per se, but this construction means that there is hardly any joint surface left in the wrist that would provide the friction needed to hold a pose. That and the fact that the original hooks were too long and the hook part not round enough so it could not slide freely around the hand bar rendered my hands more or less impossible to pose. Don't know if I explained that clearly enough.

19. Maybe she was just experimenting with engineering, trying to come up with something new and useful. Honestly, though, I've always just used a hemostat while removing hands and feet, so it's kind of redundant for me - I've never had an S hook slide into the channel. I may just not bother with them when I put him back together.

And in a stupidly abrupt change of topic, does anyone know where to buy jeans for these boys? I've found so much nice stuff, including an outfit sized specifically for the ballerino, but for the life of me, I can't find a pair of jeans to fit those big hips...except EIDs, which are too large. I want a pair of distressed ones, but I can do the distressing myself...if only I can find something to distress. (Yes, I am obsessed with dressing him, and sound so needy. I recognize this. :sweat) Edit: Never mind - finally found some nice ones, so yay!

#199 celga, Oct 4, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    20. Please let me introduce my recent addiction, Xander :chibi:chibi:chibi

He is from the original release which has a larger neck hole, so I hybride him on the idealian75 body of Soom, pretty good as proportion as I always love that wilder shoulder for my men.

[​IMG]Xander - LLT Roderich by Khlovera, on Flickr