1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Part 3

Jul 31, 2020

1. Hi all,
      I just got a response from Miho about the S-hook situation and she told me to purchase them from local hardware stores and then attached a photo of the S-hooks we'd need. They're the same ones as the ones from ABJD and I will link them AGAIN for reference. :huh?:

Like what you've said, @Mandagore, I too find it strange that we were not given a solution or even these S-hooks to begin with after an 11 month wait and a previous Chinese pre-order for her to have trouble-shooted this.

2. Wait, the first Chinese pre-order buyers did not get attachments for the feet either? Well, I have to say, she is consistent in her customer service ways, if nothing else.

Thank you for the info, @kagami
      Basically, what they said is like if I order a pair of designer lace-up shoes, and when I receive them the laces are missing, and the shoe maker tells me to buy my own laces somewhere else. (Also, these are special S-hook sizes and shapes that hardware stores in my country don't even carry, and considering shipping fees, ordering from overseas just for a set of hooks is slightly over the top.)

3. Yeah I have to say, I am quite disappointed in this development. It is, for some reason, making me way less excited to receive the doll. I'm a BIG stickler for customer service, and I think it's a bit strange that this was a known issue and there wasn't even a warning. If I would have known I would have been able to prepare myself and order them in advance, even if I was upset about it. Now, the hooks won't come for at least two months giving the global situation.

4. @Mandagore My friend was recommended s-hook options on Taobao from someone in China who had one of these guys and I inferred from there. Even so, if the Chinese owners got s-hooks and we didn't, it's still inconsistent customer service which isn't great. :nowords: And you've hit the nail right on the head. Those s-hooks aren't readily available everywhere which just makes things more frustrating and why I was trying to find a solution that did not involve s-hooks to begin with... The wire I used is probably easier to find than these s-hooks as I got them from a fabric store...

@I<3MySD I'm very sorry to hear that.. :( If it's any consolation, I have to say that I am very happy with the doll itself because he's stunning and I can't stop staring at how beautiful everything is about him.

And I totally forgot about the jointed hands update. They will be shipping in August!

5. i had to buy S hooks for another situation, and can say that it does take a while right now to get stock from overseas to USA in particular. measuring what i got from Alice's that i think are the same set, these from McMaster Carr might help those in the US with a faster source.

They might need to be reshaped a little with pliers, to fit the foot loop and if the channel in the ankle's resin is narrow: LINK
      if the elastic is larger than 4mm it might be too tiny of a loop though. there a lot of choices though: LINK
      for some reason i thought the problem was getting the hook around the loop in the feet, was why i suggested the twine earlier.

@kagami - do you think they match up with what you had on hand?

6. @Grimalkin My initial impression is that those might be too wide to fit into his ankle channels as they are quite narrow, but if some reshaping can be done to make the width thinner, I think they could work.

Below is the image that Miho sent to me and is pretty much what we can get from ABJD. I'm not very good at converting inches to cm, so I hope this is helpful! It's 2.4cm in total length and 0.8cm for the opening width. Even then it still needs to be reshaped slightly.

[​IMG]

7. ooo thanks for the pics, that is a narrow channel in his ankle...
      i have a lot of extra hands and feet, so this stuff is on my mind a bit :lol:

2.4cm = 15/16" (basically 1") and 0.8cm is 5/16" but the reshaping might be tough since the ones i linked are truly S shaped.
      so weird it's hard to find the ones that look like what Alice's sells with an almost straight bar between the two loops.

hmm, was also contemplating these quick connects called power clips used in fishing tackle: LINK
      the medium looks like 2.5cm long, 0.7cm wide, the wire is 1.5mm

8. Late to the party, but good to see these boys starting to arrive home! That's odd about the hooks, though.
      @kagami - the dramatic look works well on your guy! Thanks for the info too!

9. @Grimalkin Those power clips look like they might work! :aeyepop:

@Sianserais Thank you so much, my dear :whee: And you're most welcome~ I can't wait to see more of these boys arriving home!

10. Got my tan Roderich today, but I’m waiting to unbox him tonight with a friend who got him in white.

Quick question though: anyone receive the jointed/glove hands with their orders?

11. @xylene How exciting! Please post pictures :D I didn't receive the jointed hands I ordered with this and have asked LLT about this. Miho replied saying that they will be shipping out separately in August, so I assume in the next few weeks!

12. Thank you so much for the information @kagami !

Will post pictures as soon as we can, though I get pretty frustrated with Flicker. ♥︎ We’re doing the double unboxing in about two hours. Having this giant box by my desk all day has been a sore temptation.

Update!
      • Our jointed hands were included with our boys!
      • My tan boy is somehow shorter than the white boy.
      • One ankle hook was severely bent in the middle and caused gouges inside the ankle cup and to the foot, too.
      I’ll try to post pics in the next day or so. If you’re impatient you can also see video on my Instagram stories. (u4bik on Instagram)

#32 xylene, Aug 5, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    13. @xylene I'm so sorry to hear about the damage! I hope all things aside you can still enjoy him?

14. @xylene Thanks for those beautiful pics! Just for sure, may I ask is that boy in the new Light tan corlour?

15. That is too bad about the damage. :(

Gosh my tracking said the airline is shipping on the 1st and then said airline is shipping with a different time stamp today. Transfer flight or something? My alice collections order earlier this year took like 3 "airline is shipping"s before getting to the USA

16. It's really great the boys are finally shipping out, but the news here make me slightly concerned... No S-hooks for extra feet? Damaged joints by the included S-hooks? Difference in size? I'm sure I'll love my Roderich (once he arrives - for now he's still sitting in China waiting for a flight), but this all mars the experience slightly.

@xylene Please can you take photos that show how your boy is shorter? I'm not on Instagram and I'd love to see that. Do you think he's smaller overall or can you figure out why he's shorter?

@kagami Your Roderich looks cool, different from others I've seen. Really great face up! And thank you for all the information!

17. @Ophiaca I'm feeling the exact same way. Like, my excitement for him has completely diminished. I'm kind of scared that mine will also be damaged.

18. @Ophiaca Here's a link to the comparison video I took using Instagram: View size comparison video

@Angeville He's tan, not light tan. My phone pics and video don't do the colour justice, but I've taken some shots with my Olympus which I'll post here a bit later today. :)

@I<3MySD Even though my tan boy had a bent hook, my friend's hooks in her boy were all fine. I'm the only person I know of who has had this problem.

I've also uploaded a video of the bent hook: View hook video

Judging the location of the bend, I think it's likely this happened during installation, not during shipment. The problem, of course, is that the opposite end is crimped so I can't easily remove the hook to unbend it. I'll have to spend some time with it to solve this problem.

Update:
      Fixed video links. ;)

#38 xylene, Aug 5, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    19. @xylene I watched your vids, but the angle is not very helpful to judge size differences, also you never see the whole dolls nor exactly how they're posed. It does look like the tan boy is not only shorter but also smaller overall.
      Of course, you saw them in person, but it really would be more helpful to see a picture of them upright, side by side, head to toe, in front of a wall or something. But I understand this can be difficult to arrange now.

Anyway, what could be a possible reason for a noticable size difference between the skin colors? They would not make separate body sculpts and molds for them, would they? I know dolls get smaller when the replacement molds are not all made from the master sculpt, but made based on the old molds, at least that's how Supia explained why her dolls got smaller over time. She changed her casting company because of that.

20. @I<3MySD I hope your guy will arrive safe and sound and you'll be able to love him! I am still excited about mine, the bad customer service isn't his fault. ;) Most everything can be fixed, it's just that with a doll in his price segment that shouldn't be necessary, so it's irritaing.
      @xylene Thank you very much for the links! I'm not sure what causes the difference... The shoulder joint does look smaller but I can't see the rest well enough. But if the doll is smaller overall, in every respect, that would exlain the problem with the S-hook, because then the string channels would be narrower as well.