1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Part 3

Jul 31, 2020

1. @Mandagore I wonder if its a difference of the resin batches themselves? Maybe the different colors have different shrinkage or something when they cure? Definitely seems odd.

2. @I<3MySD I would like to know that too. The technical side of things can be fascinating...^^

3. I think some resins can shrink a bit as they cure.

4. @Mandagore The unhelpful video is all I have since the other Roderich belongs to my friend.:lol: I was too excited to take stills and getting them both to stand (especially my poor boy) was a bit frightening. I’m meeting my friend again in a couple weeks so more photos will be taken then.

Good news:
      • I tried many methods to unbend the hook, but heating the hook was successful. It’s not perfect, but much better!
      • I had bjd hooks on hand that work for the pointe and demi pointe feet! They’re 2cm but the key to them working is the diameter of the bend itself. I’ll post pictures once I get to work.
      I tried hot glue sueding him last night. ;) The glue doesn’t adhere to his resin at all! Fortunately I have real suede and will try that next.

Do these guys come with a coating of MSC on them? It looks and feels like maybe they do, but this is my first LLT (and first bjd bigger than 51 cm) and I have no idea.

5. @nancy_schroeder_ca Yes, they all shrink as they cure. The question is, do the kind of color pigments in the mixture have an influence on how much they shrink - and it would have to make a big difference, if you can see it at first sight.
      If the additional shrinkage came from making new molds from parts that had already been casted from molds themselves instead of from the original master sculpt (which is the reason why r*casts were smaller than original dolls as well), then it would mean they would have made the smaller tan dolls after having done the other colors, for it to be so so noticable a difference. The process would have to be repeated several times for it to show so much.

6. She may have chosen a different resin for the tan to get the color she wanted.

Update: My Lazuli has cleared customs in San Francisco! My packages seem to arrive faster when they travel through San Francisco!

#46 nancy_schroeder_ca, Aug 6, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    7. @nancy_schroeder_ca
      Eeeee! How exciting.
      I am still in 'check tracking number too many times a day mode', but it just says it's shipping. Hehe.

I actually had a dream about my doll the other day, so I think it's safe to say I am super excited for him to arrive. :D
      Congrats to everyone who already got their dolls. And thanks for all the info.
      Seems these guys are keeping us on our toes. Which I guess is part of the reason a lot of us bought them....this is a bad joke. Anyway. I'm getting over being sick and a lot of other stuff, so don't mind me. Lol.

8. Actually, I'm thinking pictures of hooks aren't really exciting... so here's my tan Roderich instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The glove hands are so cool. I was really tempted but that style of glove didn't quite fit my dude.

Still waiting for my dude to officially land in the USA.

10. Oh! Oh! Oh! He landed!!!! :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea
      Obsessively checking the tracking has paid off! :XD:

11. Mine is still somewhere in the void >_< Good to see you guys are getting yours. I'm trying not to watch any unboxing as to not spoil the surprise :P

12. Oh hey! Mine hit San Fran! :celebrateI too am obsessively refreshing lol

Now to move from 17track to USPS tracking and wait for his expected delivery date

#52 zekarmisama, Aug 7, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    13. Sometimes there's mold release residue on new dolls, it feels a bit toothy or powdery. Just means the doll needs a good wash. It would def keep glue from sticking to it.

My doll has also arrived in San Francisco and better still I am also in San Francisco! Crossing my fingers that he goes out for delivery tomorrow and I don't have to wait til Monday or something. :kitty1

14. I received mine today!
      I actually checked the tracking at 10:00 AM and it said it was still in CA, but at 10:05 the mailman delivered it. The tracking didn't say it was even at my city until 9:58 AM.
      I received my jointed hands with my order like some other people, luckily.

What I found odd though, I bought all of the feet options, and the shoe tree ones came with S-hooks? They were closed on the part that attaches to the feet though, so I didn't bother trying to take them off to see if they'd work with the pointe/demi-pointe feet.

15. Wow I wasn't expecting USPS to say the expected deliver date is today.

Now to incessantly check every time the front door security camera sets off lol

16. My Neil arrived this morning as well! I was so surprised. How did he even get across several states so quickly??
      My guess is trebuchet....
      It was actually a bit of a scare because his box was completely smashed on one side!!! :horror: (< this was the face I made when I opened my front door and saw the box)
      The inner box is completely broken, but I am so, so, so thankful for the careful packaging and all that foam!!! The doll, all the feet, and the hands were completely safe. <3
      Oh my goodness.

I got my glove hands as well! And s-hooks on the shoe tree feet. <3

On a random note, I ended up trying some 5th Motif hands on him and the LLT white skin is almost a perfect match to the Dollshe Fresh color of the past few years (since it just got changed) for what that is worth. Maybe helpful to anyone? Fresh is just one drop more yellow. It's amusing to me because the hands arriving in Fresh was a total mix up, but now I am going to use them! (shakes fist at the heavens)

Annnnd it turns out none of the stuff I was actually gonna have him wear fits him quite right (the harness pulls funny around the collar bones which isn't too unexpected since it was made on another doll, and the wig looks too big), so back to the drawing board! :lol:

17. With all the new guys incoming, do any of you have tan or light tan guys in comparison with copper oriental dolls? I would really love to see how they together.

18. I got my box about an hour ago and same thing! The outer box is crushed and has a fist size hole punched through it. Opened it to find the LLT box also crushed with the same hole punched through. The small metal box holding his glove hands was dented on one side as well, but otherwise he appears to be okay. I'll have to inspect him more closely once we get home.

I seem to have gotten a free gift, did anyone else get something?

19. @idrisfynn
      Oh no, I'm so sorry your box was also mushed! Hopefully the foam has done it's job for you as well!!! It's so scary when the boxes look like that.
      My LLT box is bent inward on the top in the distinct shape of another package...I could probably give you exact dimensions, lol. And then one side is bent and that whole side is a flap now. So...I guess this is fate's way of telling me I don't need to save another big doll box. :sweat

For the free gift, do you mean other than the boots and socks?

20. My box arrived. For some reason the mailman wasn't wearing his uniform and I almost didn't answer the door!