1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Part 3

Jul 31, 2020

1. Anybody know when the next preorder will be?

2. Julia hasn't made any mention of the next preorder, she's probably still recovering from shipping this recent order. It's best to follow her on Insta for timely updates.

3. i wish i could order the gloves, but maybe next time :aangel:

i received my other treasure today, LLT Isidore NS, just the head but with all the paperwork.
      gives me a little break for now at least haha save up for another body next time.
      I'd love to have him in white too, i hope he will be available again.

[​IMG]

4. @Grimalkin Your boys are beautiful and OMG that Isidore head! :D I'm hoping he will be released again too. I'd love to have one of him in Tan

Here's my Matthew again

[​IMG]

5. @kagami - *runs around flailing* your Matthew !!!! i can't get over that face up, he is so gorgeous :aheartbea the plum colour is perfect on him. and i want Isidore in WS and tan, no i'm not greedy... :wiggle

@meanae - the light tan is so nice, in the box it seems so close to the NS, but dressed it is clear the difference! and such a natural face up as well :aheartbea he is just gorgeous too

i just want to see all the pictures :lol:
      i have their blank head pictures loaded to my tablet and i keep sketching looks... how to decide...

6. I worked a bit on my Neil today, switching out s-hooks. Hehe.
      I purchased these ones from etsy in SD size and they fit easily in the ankle string channels and are thick and sturdy. Enough that I can't bend them.

They fit into the wrist channels with a slight modification, either:
      1. pulling out the little extra wrist ring and not using it
      or
      2. (and what I ended up doing) using a hobby knife to shave open the small upper opening of the wrist ring just a tad. It doesn't have to be opened flush with the walls of the wrist ring, just enough for the hook to slide through the opening easily.

Don't know if that's of help, but I thought I'd mention it since there had been so much discussion of hooks.
      I used the string method to loop around the larger resin bars, and just attached the s-hook to the string loop for easy changing.

It's so nice to see him in his fancy heel feet! :chocoheart

I also got him a beautiful comfy sweater..and since he's wearing a curly blonde wig already...he ended up looking like middle earth's tallest hobbit with his bare feet. :lol:

7. I wasn't originally interested in the Ballerinos other than maybe as a spare body for one of my (then) Venitus, but seeing all the arrivals and the detail of the sculpting has got me waiting eagerly for the next preorder. I would love another priest in my crew, and what a better priest than one who has a passion towards dancing in his free time?

8. ^^^ take me to church :lol: i love all those pictures on Julia's IG, and how detailed the clothes are. just amazing...
      i love your Ted & Carol, they look so good :love the ballerino would suit both of them, i need a chef's kiss emoji here... :thumbup

9. Did using those s-hooks help with wrist posability? That would be so great, because as such wrist posability is poor, and I guess the reason is the kind of hooks the boys come with. It just won't allow the wrist to bend much at all. I've been thinking about how to modify the wrists as well.
      Also, I find the ankles rather too unstable to support the weight of these hefty guys, like the notorious weak ankles of the early EID men, but that is another story I'll have to think about...^^

10. @Mandagore
      I am using 5th Motif hands, so I can't say specifically. But part of the reason I switched them out was because my Neil's hand was getting stuck and wouldn't bend.

Having done the mod and changed the hooks, I can say it might be the hooks because the ones I linked are slightly shorter end to end than the original ones. And the original wrist hooks do have to go through that small upper opening in the inner wrist ring for the doll's hand to reach the forearm correctly. Even the shorter hooks I got have to go up through the little upper opening. So the longer hooks might be getting caught up there.

I was actually surprised when I found that out! My guess was that the inner wrist ring was some sort of catch in case the hand came loose. Like to stop the hook from going up the arm. But the hook has to go through the little hole, so I'm a bit unsure what the purpose of the inner wrist ring is.

Ankle stability is also tricky because I think the purpose of the different kinds of bars (metal/round resin/flat resin) is to give different feet more stability. But then the hooks don't fit around them, so I'm not sure. I used a loop of string on both my 5th Mothif hands and the heel feet I have on my Neil now (only had enough string for those and had to order some more...), so mobility is very good with that method. The heel feet seemed ok. They did not collapse side to side, but they also don't stand on their toes.

11. @Lady Ravenswood Thanks so much for your input, that's awesome. I will try some of your ideas if you don't mind!^^

About the string... you tie that around the resin bar in the feet, and use the s-hook to connect that string loop with the elastic going up into the limbs? But then the resin hook cannot do anything for mobility, it's just a connector and basically could be any shape as long as it fits into the string channel, or am I getting it wrong? Then the mobility comes from the string loop moving around the foot bar alone?

12. @Mandagore
      Yes of course, please go ahead. I'm glad the info was a bit helpful. :thumbup

And yes, the string provides the mobility since it is actually around the foot/hand attachment bar. I am using waxed twine, about 1mm thick. It is nice and sturdy.

I wanted to change the s-hooks because the default ones kept scratching the inside of the stringing channel when I tired to move parts and so I wanted something that had a thicker metal that was less sharp.

I think this type of s-hook would fit fine with the default feet and the shoe tree feet (using no string) since they have the thin metal bars. I just haven't managed to take the closed original hooks off yet. Gotta locate a small screw driver or something....

Actually, has anyone taken the default hooks off the feet? How did you do it?
      I have small needle nose pliers, but they aren't quite long enough to reach down all the way. Gotta figure that out still.

13. i am just now playing around with swapping out feety-feets and i found some hooks that work, but i'm trying to figure out if they are a bit long and loosen the tension too much.
      also his left foot had a bent hook and it was gouging the resin a bit. but should be able to fix the hook and the scratch should sand out. Looks like it got wrenched a bit. like many others, the carriers were not so kind to our box on its initial journey.

@Lady Ravenswood - could the wrist rings be a bit like kips? also, i think you would need very slim needle nosed for jewelry, or maybe very thin forceps to use in the foot well, and another pair to bend if you wanted to take the s hooks off the original standard feet. i'm digging through my tool bins to find some myself as the bent hook needs to be held steady to correct the pinch.

14. @Grimalkin
      Yeah, that was my thought as well. My needle nose pliers are for jewelry and I have two...but they were not long enough sadly. I'll have to see what else I can find.

Hm, and the wrist rings don't seem to be like kips because they are the same resin. Just a separate, inner piece. I decided to keep them in because I didn't want the wrist to be very thin by removing them since it's a point of pressure. I saw someone else mention they were going to glue them in. Hehe. So it seems to be a mystery. I'm very curious about them!

15. I had no luck removing the bent default hook from my boy's foot and only managed to bend it somewhat straight by heating the hook first. I tried jewelry pliers, I tried looping the hook with wire to pull the shut end wide. However, if I can just find them, I do have a hemostat (great idea @Grimalkin ) for installing my high nostril piercing jewelry. :lol: I mean, it fits up my nose and it has a groove for jewelry. What a world.

16. @xylene - oooo! i'd been rummaging the jewelry/fishing boxes, but i hadn't thought about the piercing kit... now i have to remember where it is, because that is a fantastic idea :celebrate
      most of what i found so far wasn't long enough, or alternately too smooth to grip that round wire...

17. If only I hadn't misplaced it thanks to moving twice. That tool was a hemostat that had been machined, so I think if you have a narrow hemostat at all, it could get a channel/groove cut in. Maybe first aid kit is the other alternative. ;)

18. I have to say, I'm a bit surprised at all of the fiddly troubles with the Ballerino body. My Ludwig is so well engineered, I was expecting the new guys to be equally solid. Seeing how big Isidore is in person has convinced me that I'd rather hunt down an old Lazuli head rather than buying a complete new one in a future release.

I do love the new Roderich face, though! Julia corrected the minor problems with the original sculpt and he looks amazing. I can't believe it's been ten years since his first release! O__o My creaky old character Tyrian has been reimagined and repainted, so here's a fresh photo of him as the OG Roderich.
      [​IMG]

19. <3 he's beeee-autiful :love

20. @St. James He's gorgeous~ :D Nice to see an old-school face.

I tried recreating Julia's photo with Matthew after I saw someone else do it with their boy. LOL It was really fun~ Anyone else want to try? :XD:
      [​IMG]