1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Roderich & Vincent

Sep 13, 2010

1. Finally gave my OE Roderich a face-up today... By the time I had glued in his eyelashes, the light was gone, though, so all I have for the moment is a bad photo in artificial light :p. I'll be curious to see just how awful the resin match with the Feeple65 body is :/. This new head is so much yellower than my dreaming Roderichs (a fact about which I am not so happy). I did my best to blush him pinker, but I don't know how well it worked.

The head is definitely different from the older Roderichs in other things than the eyes and colour - there is something about the lower lip (not much, but *something*) and his face looks sharper too. I think he looks younger and, in my opinion, a tad less handsome. It's not a bad thing per se that he is a bit different. He is my third Roderich head (:p) and I'm happy about the fact that he looks like a slightly younger incarnation of Gawain. Just... a little less perfect than his older self ;).

[​IMG]

Better photo by daylight tomorrow, I hope...

2. I wish LLT would make their heads avlaible in normal utherane. I don't like the enviromental resin they use. LLT's resin is quite solid compared to other types of enviromental resin, but the slight transparancy is still noticable, especially around the eyelid area.

3. Is that environmental resin? All I know is that LLT's resin is the most beautiful I have ever seen... I love it!

ETA: daylight photo - not as good as I hoped it would be, as the light was already going when I finally got home :/.

[​IMG]
      Mr Big Hair :) by severelysigune, on Flickr

I haven't been able to blush the head in such a way as to hide the colour difference, but at least the difference doesn't bother me.

4. Can someone help me through the ordering process for my Roderich head?? I've read about order form, but I haven't found it on the website. When I go to place an order, it goes straight to check out via paypal; others have said to continue through paypal and put your choice of NS/WS in the comments section. I've also seen that they do pre-order periods...but the heads are still available to purchase regardless of pre-order or not. I'm REALLY confused and can't find any information that puts my mind at ease. Jerryama is an agent on ebay and I've thought about going through them as well. Any tips/advice? Believe me, I've rummaged through all the threads the search function could give me and still haven't found a clear-cut answer. Thanks!

5. Hello byke, I have ordered four heads from LLT to date, and all I have done is

1) go to the shop page of the head I wanted (Roderich is here);

2) select the option I want buy clicking on the button under the right listing (and yes, this does go directly to Paypal);

3) go back to the site to select the right shipping amount;

4) pay.

Normally I also add 5) send an e-mail to LLT to ask for an order confirmation. They don't always reply to that, or when they do, it may be very late. So far, I have always received my order, and correctly too.

LLT are notorious for not being very communicative, but personally I have never had a problem with them. The heads listed in the shop are available (though NOT IN STOCK! - sometimes there are a number of heads in stock, but when there are, it says so explicitly on the website), so you can order them whenever. There are preorder periods sometimes, but not at the moment.

I hope that helps :).

6. Thank you for the quick response!! This was exactly what I was hoping to hear! I haven't seen many recent threads concerning these dolls and I started to get worried especially hearing about pre-orders...even though the heads are available for purchase anyway. I figured it'd be a waste to e-mail the company, lol, since their communication is a bit slow.

This helps tons, you're a life saver-- or, at least an anxiety saver! ^^

7. Yay! Just placed my order! The Paypal e-mail it gets sent to is [email protected] right? It said to Yu Fei or someone like that. I just sent my e-mail to them to make sure they received payment >3< hopefully I'll hear something soon!!

8. Hello! Let me introduce my Raul (Roderich LLT):
      [​IMG]
      In advance I apologise - I'm not a very good photographer, but I really want to boast of my favorite boy

9. Long time I did not come on this thread o_o
      Everyone´s Roderich is fabulous. It´s nice to see some OE Roderich painted, I appreciate the mold better with a face-up.
      Is there some Vincent owner ? I´d like to see some pics.

I sent Alistair away for a new face-up back in January.
      He came back today and I had to take a pic (even if it was late at night).

[​IMG]

I love him &#9829;

10. Sjota, he's so handsome! I can't wait for mine to come home ;A;. What body do you have him on?

11. I admire Your Aleister! beautiful new fa&#1089;e-up!

12. Thank you ^^
      I had a Luts SSDF on him. Really good color and proportion match. But I´m planning to get him either a Dollstown or a Spiritdoll body now.

13. Aww,Sjota your Alistair is beautiful as always!!! btw, I love the scale when roderich on Spirit doll proud body but I think the main problem to me is that the body is yellowing faster*sigh
      I sent my roderich for face up on last month,hope he can get back soon.

14. Yes, it´s such a shame Spiritdolls bodies yellow so fast. My Wally´s body is a lot more yellow than the head and than the Roderich head too. It´s why I´m wondering if I´ll not try buying a white skin body and blush it a bit.

15. Sjota, you'll have to post pics if you go the WS Spiritdoll route. I'm considering Spiritdoll or Dollzone 70cm; they both look similar, but the DZ looks a little leaner. I would prefer DZ since it's a bit cheaper and hopefully it wouldn't yellow as fast. I've read about Spiritdoll yellowing quickly as well. I can't find any owner pictures of the new DZ 70cm body with a Roderich head to see how the proportions are. I guess if it comes to it, I can just order it and try it out and deal with it if it doesn't, but it'd ease my nerves if I could find someone who has already tried it. Has anyone found any pics of Roderich on DZ bodies?? I found ONE on a an old-style 72cm body, but it was super gangly.

I've read that Roderich is a little small to go on the DT body, but actually haven't found any pictures of him ON the body. Someone posted comparison pictures of their DT 18yr body next to Roderich and it DID look small...but I'd really like to just SEE it. Lol. Even if it's rediculous, it's nice to know!

16. Any Dollzone bodies? Because I have one of my Roderichs on a (pink skin) 65 cm Dollzone body. Probably less tall than you'd like... But I think the proportion is very good.

[​IMG]

17. Thanks, Sigune. All creepiness aside (lol), do you have any pictures with out a shirt or anything? My guy wears a lot of slim-fitting shirt, so it'd be nice to see how the head looks without clothes to get a better idea of proportions. The 65cm body may look better than the new 70cm type since the 70cm has a smaller neck circumference...which is just odd.

18. LOL byke, I do understand why you would ask for a naked or naked torso shot ;) - even though my dolls are all clothed, I do want head and body to look good together without clothes too!

I have a few photos, though they aren't the most recent - but they can give you some idea at least of the look. I have modded the chest on my Roderich's body somewhat because the 65 cm has a very square and somewhat odd chest part :/ - but apart from that, I personally find that Roderich looks very good on 65 cm bodies with broad shoulders. Oddly enough, Dollzone's taller bodies are ganglier and don't necessarily fit better with 22cm heads.

[​IMG]

A few things I like about the 65 cm body are the fact that it has broad shoulders, a normal neck length and a more or less normal leg length. It also has beautiful feet and hands. The hands are probably a tad too large, but I love them. The hands and feet also have great movement, if you care about that sort of thing.

19. Haha! Thanks. I always feel wierd asking about nekkid shots, but they are somewhat necessary! XD. The priprtions are pretty nice and he won't be so tall; i've had a model doll body and ick it was way to spidery for me. The only other thing I'm questioning is the length of the neck. I don't mind an elongated neck (certainly not a giraffe neck haha) but it looks somewhat squat. Is that just angle of the picture? I think I saw another picture of your boy and it didn't appear sqautted.

20. If you think the neck is too squat in the picture on the previous page too, then it's not the angle :). Personally, I think the neck looks normal - but it's certainly shorter than the necks on the other Dollzone bodies. Those are too long to my taste :p. You can check out Gawain's gallery if you like, to see if the neck looks okay to you.