1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Roderich & Vincent

Sep 13, 2010

1. Thanks for the link. Yeah, I think I'd prefer a slightly longer neck for my character. Popodoll's 68cm body looks aight, but I just love the Spiritdoll body. I may have to suck it up and deal with the yellowing with it; or go whiteskin and blush it to counteract fast yellowing. Looms like the only way to get Popo is secondhand or Jeeryama; and it's a more cost effective option. I've seen one Roderich on an old dollshe body, but I'd have mod the neck to not be so tall and I don't trust myself to do that xD.

2. I have the new Dollzone 70cm body and I'll try and get some photos of Roderich on it, just give me a few days. If I remember correctly, the proportions are nice apart from the absurdly skinny neck. See what you think, it might look fine if he's going to have long hair. I'll also mention that the resin match is way off since it's from when DZ PS was nearly WS, but I think they've changed it again since then.

3. Thanks ElizabethX! I'm not entirely concerned with perfect resin match since I nearly always blush my dolls.

4. Hello again! I have the chance to buy a Spiritdoll Proud v.2 body for my Roderich head, but the body has had some sanding done to the neck. Could I see some pictures of Roderich/Proud hybrids (specifically at the join of head and neck) so I can try to figure out if the body will still work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5. If you do search you should find some pics of him on a spiritdoll body. If I remember, the neck is a little long on him, so with yours being sanded it may look better.

6. Thanks, I have already done so. However, I meant close-up pictures of where the head joins the neck, to check for gaps or other potential for issues.

7. There you go my roderich on Spiritdoll Proud.
      As you can see this is a proportionaly a beautiful match BUT you have to keep in mind that your body will yellow faster than the head and that Roderich CAN´T move his head up and down on this body.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The neck problem :
      [​IMG]

8. Thank you SO much! I'd heard about the yellowing problem for the body, but not the head mobility problem. Maybe the sanding will actually help...if not, it doesn't bother me too much anyway. These pictures are very helpful!

9. I wonder if sueding would help the head mobility issue?? My Mihael didn't have much head movement on the SDF body, but I gave him some hot glue sueding and it helped. Anyone had experience with that? From what I hear, Roderich has some limited mobility on a number of bodies. I thought for sure I'd convinced myself to get Popodoll body, but guh. The spirtdoll body is amazeballs.

10. It is a gorgeous body. I've totally fallen for it as well. If the sanding on the body I'm getting helps mobility at all, I'll make sure I post pictures.

11. I think it´s the hook position in the head that lower so much the head mobility. To make him look down it has to pull so much on the string that it just doesn´t work.
      I use the "neck part" when I put my Roderich on Spiritdoll. Not so pretty but with long hairs you don´t see it.

12. Sorry for the late response, my dolling is on hiatus at the moment and I haven't had time to dig my boy out of storage. I managed to take a few quick photos tonight, not great quality I'm afraid. So here's Roderich on the Dollzone B70-003 body:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see, the neck is very thin and leaves a big gap where it joins the head but there is no problem with posing. I don't know, I'd say that the neck is at the very limit of acceptably skinny, but that depends on how stylised or realistic you like your dolls. My boy is probably keeping the body for now, when I have time time play with him again come the summer I'll make my final decision. I'm definitely going to have to get him a longer wig than I was planning anyway (wig in picture is definitely not his!)

13. Thanks ElizabethX! I see what you mean with the skinny neck. That's what I was afraid of! Looks like I'll be going to Popo or Spiritdoll.

14. My boy's Spiritdoll Proud body arrived today, and it is amazing!! The color is a little bit off compared to the head, but the head is lighter, so blushing won't be a problem. Also, since the body's previous owner sanded the neck, his head mobility is improved as well. He still can't look up, but every other direction works beautifully.

Here he is so far!

[​IMG]IMG_20140418_173948 by AndreaJEP, on Flickr

He is going to be an elf. I am trying to decide whether to try adding his elf ears myself, or whether to send the head off to someone. I've never done any modding before, but I'm itching to start blushing this guy and having him away for modding means I can't do any blushing yet :|

15. You're boy is handsome, Zardi! You're not helping me convince myself to abandon the Spiritdoll body option!

Just curious to those who have their bedroom-eyed boys, do you use 12mm or 14mm eyes?? LLT says both work, but which look better?? I prefer smaller eyes, but I'm wondering if 12 are too small or not. I have a pair of green 12mm I plan on using for my boy and hope they work!

16. Nope, you won't get any help from me with NOT getting this fabulous body :D Those joints are absolutely amazing.

Mine in the picture above is wearing 14mm. If you want, I can take pictures of anything from 11 to 15mm in him.

17. That would be great! If you could get close up of 12 and 14 since those would be easiest to come by. Just to see the difference.

18. Gawain wears 14 mm eyes - I'd prefer to have 12 mm, but those were a little gappy on the sides...

[​IMG]Gawain II by severelysigune, on Flickr

Funny enough, my open-eyed Gawain can wear 12 mm and they don't gap. I think that for the dreaming-eyed head, 12 mm would be quite all right if you go for oval-shaped eyes. But sadly I haven't got any of those to try.

19. Hmm, I may have to see if I can find some green eyes I like in 14's. I'll wait and see what my 12's look like in him; they're about as round as a pair of 14's.

20. I recommend 12mm silicon eyes for Roderich. It covers better than glass eyes and are easier to place since it´s soft.