1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

La Légende de Temps - Roderich & Vincent

Sep 13, 2010

1. Silicon eyes would probably work quite well, though I'm happy with the fit of 14mm Gumdrops.

[​IMG]
      These guys have identical urethane eyes, but the Roderich on the left has had his eyes opened slightly.

2. I can take pictures of 12 and 14mm urethanes, and 11 and 15mm Eyeco soft glass (it might be 13mm...I need to double check). Any other requests? I will take the pictures this evening. Tomorrow or the day after, my guy is off to a modder to get elf ears :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. Ok, here we go!

11mm Eyeco - Decent fit, slight gap at the edges if you look closely.
      Front
      Side
      Gap

12mm Mystics- Decent fit, slight gap at the edges if you look closely (less gapping than 11mm).
      Front
      Side

14mm Mako- Decent fit, slight gap at the edges if you look closely. You can see in the side picture.
      Front
      Side

15mm Eyeco - Too big for eyewell. Significant gapping. I held these in with some tape...eye putty would probably hold them in close enough to reduce the gap, but personally, I think these are still far too big.
      Front
      Side

4. I'm really fond of Eyeco silicone! I have them in 3 sizes: 11, 13 and 15 mm. And yes, 11 mm are too small while 15 mm are too big. But 13 mm are perfect!

5. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see how the iris size looks before I buy my boy some eyes.

Do you all know whether the open-eyed Roderich was limited? I know the pre-order period was last fall, but until recently, it was still for sale in all skin tones. Now, it is only available in white. The listing doesn't actually use the word "limited," so I'm not sure what to make of the fact that it's listed as sold out.

6. I think that just means all the ns heads were sold and they have ws still available. From what I've been told is that they may randomly "restock" or open new preorders and will appear "out of stock" after a certain number have sold. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I'd also like to see some silicone eyes in various sizes to get a good idea of what I should get for my guy.

7. Thanks :) I will keep checking. I can't technically get the OE head now anyway, even if it came available, I just hate to think I've lost the opportunity completely. (Yeah, I know, check the MP...but he is MUCH more expensive on the secondhand market.)

My post above shows 11mm and 15mm silicone, as well as 12mm and 14mm urethane. I really like the iris size of the 11mm best, but the whites aren't quite big enough.

8. Zardi, it's true, the heads get re-released from time to time (except Vincent, because his mold is broken or something - in any case, it is no longer possible to reproduce him). I thought I would never own an Edria because I missed out on her first order period, but there have been plenty of others since. So now I own two :p. I have no idea if LLT intend to wait to make new NS heads until the WS heads have sold out, or something. The only thing with which you have to be careful (in my experience) is if you want a tan head. Most of the time, there is no tan available, so when there is, I guess those interested had better hurry.

Concerning Roderich, I should perhaps also mention that although the newer version of the dreaming head has supposedly had its eyewells adapted so as to fit more types of eyes, the glass eyes that I favour fit less well in the new head than in the older one :P. Don't know what happened there...

9. Awesome news about OE Roderich! Thank you! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Terrible news, there is recasted roderich(old head cap design)occurred on Y!A JP......
      [​IMG]

Photo from Julia’s weibo.

11. Seriously -_-...
      LLT is a sooo small compagny, will it kill people to spend $160 on a head... ?
      That´s sad news.

12. It's terrible news. I saw it on her weibo and was sadden by it. I am afraid that the Japanese buyers from Y!J will not know that they are buying a bootleg instead.

13. Nungmyo - That is terrible news. Its funny to me how pro recasts used to defend their stance by saying they never copy "artist" dolls, but everything that has been happening recently proves otherwise. I really feel for Julia - she's so passionate about her work and this is just disappointing. I think its best to purchase from manufacturer or official dealers from now on, one can ever be safe it seems.

Completely unrelated - I feel like I am going to explode ! Ever since the Ludwig reveal and concept some time ago, Ive been on pins and needles waiting for an announcement of his release ! I dont think Ive ever fallen hard for a doll before, at least never a boy doll. I keep refreshing the news page hoping for some news lol

14. Oh, recasters - don't get me started! I first heard about them because they were doing exactly that, recasting artist dolls (Cerisedolls, to be exact - not what you'd call a large company either). They'll say anything to defend their actions, which is plain and simple theft. I can't understand how anyone can profess to admire and love an artist's work, and to want to own it, but refuse to pay the artist's honest wages. And even if BJDs are expensive, I believe the wages are honest. I can't imagine Julia making a big profit out of this O_o. Also, there are plenty of people on this and other forums who have to be creative and scrape together the money with which to buy a doll they love. Nothing justifies stealing like that. It's not like stealing a loaf of bread because you are starving. Urgh! I am so disgusted.

*mutters*

HardCandy13, you are not alone with the, um, mild Ludwig obsession. I don't want to want him at all because I have more than enough dolls and am slightly worried about his size, but he is SO one of my favourite characters, and what we have seen of his so far is so utterly beautiful, that I'm afraid that the day he is released, I'll be completely lost. Also, the customs fees on that boy will be my financial ruin :p.

15. My Roderich is back from the modder (rykaan :D) with elf ears, and I've done his face up.

[​IMG]roderich_faceup1 by AndreaJEP, on Flickr

And a three-quarter view: https://flic.kr/p/nszSkD

I am going to turn him into Thranduil...yes, I'm aware that Julia herself has already done this with an OE Roderich. But this was my plan since before I saw her version, so I'm not derailing my plans now. I've ordered him some 13mm Eyeco eyes, but I plan to get him some Mystics once I can decide on a color (they are too expensive to experiment with :P). I'm still searching for the perfect wig.

16. That ear mod is great, Zardi! Love the face-up too - very delicate. I can't wait to see what your Thranduil will look like when finished :)...

Here is my Gawain (II), whose outfit I finished yesterday. Mmmyes, he has really big hair :P.

[​IMG]
      Gawain with Galuth by severelysigune, on Flickr

17. Zardi - he looks really fantastic. Can't wait to see your finished Thranduil. I never care who did what character first. If I want to do a certain person even if it's been done before, then I do it. We have to do what inspires us and gives us joy, not worry about if it's already been done. :-)

Sigune - very cool outfit! Looks amazing!

Jay

18. Thank you! I was really happy with how the mod turned out as well. I can't wait to get him finished, but I can't find the right wig...something long but not girly. Where did you get Gawain's?
      Thank you! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

19. Hello guys,

Is it possible to buy the head just right now? :O I'm not sure. Are in stock?

Any recomendation for a good match? I love Granado's body but I think it's not the same resin color :( Bummer.

20. If you're asking about Roderich...they just did batch #5. Right now, you can order the Red Dove and Blue Magpie heads, or whatever heads they still have on their site that isn't SOLD OUT. But you might have to ask them.

If you are wondering about Roderich and what's compatible with him, there's a whole section where people were getting their Roderichs and sticking them on all types of bodies. I personally prefer the Popodoll 68...but someone told me the resin color isn't perfect...however, the proportions are more important for me. I also think the NS Infinitidoll body and NS Spiritdoll Proud body are good matches.

This is the list of bodies along with pics (I'm doing this for my own benefit coz I'm still deciding on the body)
      Luts Senior Delf Type 2,
      Spiritdoll Proud type 2, another Spiritdoll Proud (wearing company clothes), really good Spiritdoll Proud pics
      Soom SuperGem,
      Orientalskin Dollshe DSAM32,
      old Dollshe body,
      Luts SSDF,
      NS Infinitidoll, another Infinitidoll body,
      Dollzone 72cm normal pink,
      Popodoll 68,
      old DZ 70cm body,
      LS 1/3 body,
      LS 72cm body,
      Granado 64 body pink skin,
      Dollshe Pure body,
      Infiniti SID body,
      LS normal yellow 75 cm,
      65cm Dollzone NS-pink,
      DollFactory Senior-Ari body (65cm),
      Fairyland Feeple65 body,
      Dragon Doll normal-yellow,
      Dollzone pink 70cm,

There's also some nice resin comparison pics posted here and there.

I just paid for my 2nd hand Roderich head and they sent it out today. Very excited. He's got this ancient elegance about him that really matches the character I have in mind.