1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~~**Ladysaiyuki's professionally casted Ted and Hanyuu **~~

Dec 29, 2007

1. Here is my LS Ted ^_^
      He is wearing some Yo-SD clothes that I got from eBay ^_^

[​IMG]

And as for Modding the eye wells I would love to know how as I would like to see what different eyes look like ^_^

2. They are quite common, It should not be hard.
      If you are trying not to mess up the face-up, try to hold the ears of the doll. That's what i did. The ears and the hole for the neck. You could try coarse sandpaper for the inside of the head, but if you have a face-up, it might be risky. I did most of my modding before the face-up, and a little after.

3. Sounds like you need an eyebeveler
      http://volksusa.com/mateb14.html

Most bjd and online dollshops have them in various sizes

4. @majikatt - Your Ted looks AWESOME!! ^.^ b

@AreeElf - Aha!! That's what I need... thank you very much! :)

5. I got an eye beveler from dollmore.. i havent used it yet tho xDD well a lil bit and it was starting to work but i got bored xDD

that is such a rich red colour hehe :D

6. O.O OMG there has been tons of Chatting while I was busy and not on a comp O.O Woah...

I will so have to catch up on this thread ^^;

but wanted to give the slightly good, slightly bad news, here's a copy I took from my news thread and all my other threads:
      Update for Jan. 3rd 2008 ^_^
      I've just gotten news that the Teds and Hanyuu's have not been shipped yet...but they will be shipped within the next few days...I also got two new awesome pics ^_^ with colors!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      O.O that is a lot of LS bodies in a container O.O can't wait till they have heads and are here to me safe and sound ^_^

I know some of you may be a bit sad that they haven't shipped out to me yet...but cheer up...at least we got a couple more pics to hold us over and to let us know that they haven't forgot about us...and at least it's not just little me working on all these Teds and Hanyuu's...as you know they'd be way more delayed than a couple of weeks that they were delayed ^^; *Hugs on Dennis and his awesome team*

7. WOW !!!! thats a classic picture!!! you will have to add that to doll opening thread it will make them smile there !!!

I am so glad Dennis have been able to help artists.. I hope one day to send him my own to cast in the FAR of future as I have not started sculpting yet!! still gathering supplies!! seems to take forever....

Is dennis able to make custom colors? I am guessing these are the same resin colors he uses for his dolls. He even strings the dolls for you!!

8. Look at all those colorful body parts, lol. Glad to see your project coming along so nicely Nat.

9. I"m glad to see at least one person won't be mad that I may hoard a few extra Ted and Hanyuus ^^; *Hugs*

I will have Pics of Hanyuu with Faceup, eyes and hair and most likely clothes as soon as she arrives...she will be the first doll I Paint ^_^

and I"m so sorry that I didn't do so well when I made Ted's head ^^; it was my first time making a BJD and the only extra eyes I had at the time were flatbacks...and I didn't think to randomly highjack one of my other kids and steal their eyes to test their eyes...

but yeah I think an eyebeveler is what anyone would need to better the eyewells without messing with a faceup and all...and you'd get the cleanest bevel with one.

I dont' know if Dennis did anything with Ted's eye wells...I"ll be able to tell you when they arrive...but I did get in 40 pairs of Brown flatback eyes...so everyone's teds will have eyes ^^; flat backs though...^^; I"m so sorry for the trouble ^^;

and Oh my ^_^ I love seeing these Pics of everyones Kids ^_^ do tell me you'll post them in the Database! I so can't wait to see them all done up ^_^ they look fantastic!

10. and Yeah -.-; I haven't completely stopped making my Handmade dolls...just took a bit of a break...and I will never make as many as I did for the last run...but they are definitely not done...but yeah my thread was closed without any proof that I stopped making the handmade ones...but oh well I guess ^^;

11. OH and by tonight I will finally be done with the last Blue Handmade Ted ^_^ just gotta do the finishing stuff on him...it'll be a few more hours...but If I don't get pics up tonight I"ll definitely get them up tomorrow by lunch ^_^

12. Oh, no, no... don't take it that way!! You did an excellent job! It's just that you had a limited time, and were trying to get them out as fast as you could. No one is perfect! Please don't think that we all love our Ted's any less, or in any way are criticizing you. ok?

13. *Hugs* I"m not taking it as you or anyone else loves your little Teds any less...I just feel bad for causing everyone trouble and that I will try my best to make sure that doesn't happen again ^^; as there is always room for improvement as no one is perfect...with the exception of my Puki's ^^; *bad Puki endorsement* *sorry*

14. I'm excited to see the results. :celebrate Thanks so much on not giving up on geting me a blue Ted in the shade I fell in love with.

I think you did great for a first time sculpt. My Liebchen which is also an artist doll has slight eye socket issues as well. My Petsha which is a professional company cast has the worst eye socket problem ever. So don't be hard on yourself.

15. Just have to say that I adore the look of your Ted! I am still working on mine getting him sanded and all and can't wait to paint him..

again terrific job on this one! did you do the face?

16. Awe ^_^ *Huggles* I'm excited to see the results of the little Blue boy myself ^_^ and of course I wouldn't give up until I've tried everything...as I hate being a quitter and I hate not trying my best...but most of all I hate to disappoint ^_^ so I"ll always try my hardest...as I won't be satisfied otherwise ^_^ and neither should you ^_^
      and thanks for the kind words ^.^

Yeah I"m adoring on Bev's Ted too I love his look and outfit...as for his faceup...I did his face ^_^ that is what Ted's Default faceup looks like ^_^ well the boy version anyway...the girl will be done with more pink and have blushing on the cheeks ^_^

17. I would like to point out that if you head for the doll aisle at your local Michael's and choose the middle size of felt top hat they have (the $1.99 model), it fits Ted perfectly. (Deva is currently threatening to smite anyone who tries to take it from him.) The sun hats also look cutely big on a Ted head!

How's everyone doing with respect to shoes? Deva has threatened to smite me if I don't get him some shoes that aren't shiny and don't have ribbon bows on them...don't want to spend a ton, though. Any ideas?

18. I got some older shoes from American Girls Hopscotch smaller dolls .

I have some sneakers and they are okay looking.. not my favorite

19. Yeah I"m adoring on Bev's Ted too I love his look and outfit...as for his faceup...I did his face ^_^ that is what Ted's Default faceup looks like ^_^ well the boy version anyway...the girl will be done with more pink and have blushing on the cheeks ^_^[/QUOTE]

Oh... I didn't realize that you did a boy version face.. I so love it.. looks different then the girl in many ways..

20. I found regular ordinary white Yo sized shoes in the marketplace here for my girl Ted. For the boy Ted, I found regular ordinary looking black high top boots in a group order here (#6). It's closed now tho, sorry.