1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

large boobs on unoa is it necesssary?

Mar 7, 2007

1. I don't think the LMP is necessary...but definately fun to swap out for a change. I guess it depends on the character she plays in your collection. :)

2. I would LOVE to have a Lusis boy! :D He would be my (future) L-bi's big brother.

I'm not entirely sure why, but if I had a female Unoa I would much prefer the default breast plate. (I have fairly large boobs, if that makes any difference, so it wouldn't be a case of "so I'm not jealous". XD It might just be that I prefer boys!) However, tomboy + big boobs = love. :aheartbea

3. It all depends on the taste of the owner. I prefer small breats because I find it prettier and it's easier to make clothes for. I like that large breasts is an opion though, for those who like it :)

4. Both look great but I prefer the small chest.

5. Truthfully, the Unoas have such childlike faces that I find the large breast option rather disturbing. The same with heavy make-up on them. It's like sexualizing a child.

6. I know some girls that are 13 years old and have a bust almost as large as Unoa's large bust. I think by the time girls are teenagers (ie 13+) most are out of training bras. And if you looks at the shape of Unoa's hips and waist, that is not the body of someone less than 13 years old.

My personal opinion is that Unoas are at least 15-16 years old or older (20's with some faceups). I think the default bust is small for them but is ok on Unoas with young faceups. I think the large bust is indeed quite large though very artfully done and only really looks that large in tight tops. I wish there was a medium bust. But I bought a large bust part with my Unoa and when I buy another, I will buy another large bust part because it gives you more options for your character.

Many people seem to go large bust for Lusis and small for Sist.

Carolyn

7. I ordered a large bust for my Sist a whole year after her arrival, due to doubts, too. But I have never regretted it. I wanted Tinka to look a little older than her sister Jinx - I consider them about 16 and 13 years old - and both are quite tomboyish.
      I agree with Carolyn, a large bust doesn't mean 'sex kitten' per se. She just looks a little more mature:

[​IMG]

She can pull off a more 'sexy' pose when she's modeling for one of my eBay auctions like in this pic :) but I don't think it's disturbing, or inappropriate to her age:

[​IMG]

I truly do love both bust options now, however I still think the large one would look totally wrong on my little Lusis! It's just not who she is.

8. I like both too. I'm flat as a board, always have been, and I"m 42, so... boobs does not equal age, not by a long shot. Which is actually pretty sad, but... anyway, I digress. There is no right or wrong answer, it's all up to how you want your girl to look.

I DO rather wish Akari would make a "medium" bust size though. It is all or nothing with the unoas. I love them no matter what though.

9. Larger breasts on a doll equal maturity to me. I personally prefer larger breasts, as I have them myself. The fact that I'm bi might have something to do with it, too...>w>

Anyway. I think variations in bodies is very important because, to me, if there is a doll I really like but she's rather flatchested, I might not even purchase her. But I guess in the long run it all comes down to preference. :3

10. Personally, the large Unoa breastplate just makes me wince. I breastfed my baby, so all of those fat boobies just make me say "OUCH! Somebody gimme a baby quick!!" If you haven't had boobs full of milk, you won't understand, but yeah... I prefer the small chest plate. heh...

Raven

11. its up to the owner
      my first 3 Unoa Sist..all had the large bobbies
      Lucky ...her character is better with the smaller default body
      I dont know about Queenie ...she is STILL in customs

I do wish he would make a breast plate Narea size ...much more natural
      I find the big boobies ...a little OTT ..and Yes Raven LOL ouch

But there is something very Unoa about them ..its part of her , no matter what her character
      I like being able to swap them over if I choose :)

12. If you page through the Unoa threads or look in the Galleries you'll find a lot of Unoas with the default small bust. The large bust is a option - that's why it is a separate charge and if you buy it you have both bust parts. I appreciate that it is an option unlike some other companies that only offer a very large bust.

So it's definitely not necessary. Despite what I said above, it's certainly possible to use the small bust and have a Unoa be a small-busted pre-teen, teen, or woman. I think she's a bit too slim and leggy to be anything younger than preteen, but it depends on how you dress her. Many people with multiple Unoas think of some as being younger siblings.

But I do think buying the large bust is a good idea, not only so you have the option of using it but also in case you ever have to sell your girl because it adds to the value of the doll.

Carolyn

13. To me, even flat busted Unoas look mature, because of the hips - Unoas have very womanly hips. I always think of my Unoas as being about 19 or so.

14. This is why they are labeled "mature" minis by most people....it's not just the boobs that make them look older. They have womanly hips, lovely sculpted legs, slim delicate hands, etc, etc I see my girl in her late teens, whether she's wearing her small bust or large. They're just a smaller version of adults for those who don't want the huge SD size. :)

15. I think I would personally keep the small chest if I was ever lucky enough to get a Unoa, but while I've seen some photos of them with the large part that have made me go ick, there have also been others I've thought were great, like Sher's girls :)

16. I agree. Their womanly hips can make them seem mature no mater what bust size they have. Still, I never thought I'd want the large bust for my girls, I do prefer a younger look for my Unos but after a while I found myself wanting the large bust for my Lusis. At this point I plan on keeping the smaller bust on my Sist and having her look more childish. I like having both sizes, and neither of my girls has a sexy look.

17. I'm using the big breastpart for my upcoming girl, but that's mostly because I want her character to to be at bit mature (17-18 years). But I might get another Unoa girl who gets to keep her default smaller chest.

Big or small, I think it all depends on personal taste:)

18. i never really saw them as teenagers...i saw them as more 'cartoon-stylized' women. they remind of like...betty boop or something. maybe thats just me lol, but their proprtions are exactly wholly realistic and someone with those curves has to be of a certain age. i like the large breast part better than the small, but it depends on the character.

eh, it depends on how theyre painted and displayed. its personal opinion and i dont think any accessory can be completely unnessary in the BJD world. it is how you choose it to be. customization to the max, yo ^^;

19. I plan on having a unoa eventually, personally I think that the large chest is a bit too big! I'd really prefer something in between the two, but will go with the small chest for mine... but probably will have the large chest in reserve, as an option or to modify.

20. Yes, Unoa can look a little odd with the young face and big breast part, but in my opinion, the mature part can easily be covered by typical clothes if so desired.