1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LatiDoll Yellow Discussion part 27

Jun 28, 2021

1. The one I got from doll peddlar did not but the one direct from Lati did, maybe because the one direct was freshly made. I display them in a cabinet and the smell is gone after a couple weeks but the smell does linger in the boxes.

2. Oof, yeah, I noticed the smell a bit with that freshly made G.Yuri I got back in March. I think airing them out will help. I keep my dolls in a display case with those carbon odor-absorbing packets, and it seems to help with absorbing fume smells.

Oh strange! Glad you found it though!
      I’ve noticed that the MoriDolly shop has been adding one new outfit to the store each day. I wonder what new outfits they’ll have this week!

I just got my tan G.Yuri in the mail today!! She’s sooo perfect! I’ll take some pictures of her soon, when I get the chance. :3nodding:

3. I think air them out. Mine is not new and has no odor. Maybe the resin is curing still?

4. Have any of you ever wired a yellow before? If so what wire did you use? I have an old lati yellow limited dragon. I bought him and all his spare parts but he was missing his knees so I gave him little wooden balls for knees but he’s always crouching because of it. I suspect I’m missing something from the elbows for the same reason. After all this time he’s finally told me who he is but he can’t really stand. Lol so I want to rectify that. Lol

5. The Lati dragons don't have any extra pieces in their elbows. The knee pieces are elongated, not round. I have not wired my Lati dragon (or any other of my dolls) but I have sueded my dragon because he was quite kicky.

If you are handy with woodworking you could try to whittle a short length of dowel to fit within the knees instead of just a ball.

Which dragon did you get? (I have a Cubie).

6. its been awhile but i think its cubie as well?

[​IMG]Untitled by Irene, on Flickr

those are good ideas because your right the joints are more like peanuts.

7. That's definitely not a Cubie. Cubie has golden ankle parts. The dragon parts look like those of Gabie or Aabie, but the face looks more like Dark Night Vampire Lami.
      Cubie: ::: LATIDOLL :::
      Gabie: ::: LATIDOLL :::
      Aabie: ::: LATIDOLL :::
      Dark Night Vampire Lami: ::: LATIDOLL :::

8. Hello! I'm new to doa but I've been in love with Lati dolls for awhile now, especially the Yellow line. :)
      I wanted to introduce my first Lati Yellow, who is also my only humanoid bjd (I prefer animal dolls). Her name is Estelle, and I purchased her from the estate sale of a collector. I've had her for about a year now but haven't felt safe to post pictures of her until I clarified with the mods about her legitimacy, as she did not come with a coa/box and the seller couldn't tell me her sculpt. After doing my own research, I've determined that she is a very old Lati Yellow Lumi, and that Raven of RavenDolls was the artist who did her faceup. Her body is also old and more yellowed than her head, so I'm saving up to purchase her a brand new body from LatiDoll. If I were to guesstimate, I would say that I'm either her 4th/5th owner, but I absolutely adore her :D
      [​IMG]

9. Are all of your Lati dolls fairly new? If so, then they will probably smell quite strong till you air them & the boxes, pillows etc out.

It can be overwhelming but it should go away. I don't store any of my Lati's in their original boxes precisely because of that. I found the fumes to be so nauseating. I have mine stored in two small drawers in an IKEA kallax in a closet that keeps them hidden & protected from sunlight and I feel like it helps as far as stinky resin goes.

Here are all of my neglected babies. :( :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. That's definitely a Dark Night Vampire Mystic Lami with Dragon parts.

11. Holy Latis! :O And here I am having trouble with just my one lol

12. Heheh, there was a time when they just kept showing up! Here's an old pic of my Cookie, Vampire Mystic Miel & Mystic Lea.

[​IMG]

13. Awww, so cute! I love their matching dresses :D Latis just seemed to have satisfied my desire for classic dollhouse dolls (if that makes any sense lol). Its a shame I've missed out on their share of popularity D:

14. Thank you! Makes perfect sense! Years ago I bought & built a 3 story dollhouse just for these dolls lol. I'm in the middle of renovating it right now so it got me excited to play with my Latidolls again. ;)

Is anyone else building a room box or dollhouse currently for their Lati's?!

15. Actually I've been eyeing up a dollhouse kit, but I'm not sure if its the right scale. Is it true that 1:12 is best for Lati Yellows?

16. Yes, 1:12 seems to work best just gotta be careful with measurements especially furniture to be sure they work - sometimes certain items can be too small.

17. Love this girl! [Elly & Mystic Elly]

IMAGE: © LatiDoll
      [​IMG]

18. you are totally correct. its been awhile. lol

19. My two Minas came in. I only got the full set for one of them, but what an adorable outfit, she is such a cutie. She is the normal skin tone one. I put her together in her full set and wanted to share. 2D782535-8D19-47F8-B1EC-7B9B32DB16C4.

20. Lol. Same here, it's been a long time since I've been around these parts. I had a Vampire Mystic Lami waaay back when so it was easy to recognize the sculpt. ;)