1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LatiDoll Yellow Discussion part 27

Jun 28, 2021

1. [​IMG]
      I just love seeing all the Latis here, it makes me want to post more of Estelle <3 I can't wait for my Loui to get here, USPS says he'll be in by tomorrow and I'm getting so nervous/excited lol
      I also need to come up with a name for him, it took me legit a year to decide on Estelle for my Lumi so lord knows how long it will take for him.

2. She's super duper cute, that outfit looks perfect on her!

Estelle is sooo cute too! I still have a few nameless Lati's lol lol lol

3. My Loui event head arrived and he's beautiful! I posted an unboxing thread for him over in the Arrival Gallery. ^^

This new Normal Skin is way different than the old version like you guys said! I would almost call it a tan color compared to Estelle and shes from 2013 :O

4. Thank you @spacefallen ! :aheartbea I haven't named her yet. I always have difficulty naming my dolls..like nothing ever feels right :sweat

Estelle is such a beautiful name! Beautiful name for a beautiful girl :love Her dress is so lovely!

Thank you @Lazysunbather ! :aheartbea I hope I could find more pastel dresses for her :whee:

5. Thank you @Lazysunbather!!
      She is a fantastic Belle- I love her in pink!
      Oh you are so right about what this thread used to be like . Every release and all the chat. I haven’t ordered from LaTi directly in over ten years. I wonder is everyone just on FB or IG?

#105 latedate_kate, Sep 4, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    6. IG is poppin for dolls of all types haha

7. Berry’s latest look is my favorite! I now have three tinies that are complete but two new ones incoming.
      [​IMG]

8. So I was talking with my partner about my plans for my new Lati Yellow Loui, and he was helping me brainstorm some names. I thought about the name "Leo" and was going on about how cute it sounded when he said "Nah, he can be Leonard!"
      From that point on he kept saying "Leonard" in a horrifically nasally voice every time I told him no.
      My poor Lati doesn't even have a body yet and he's already being bullied lmao

9. I've made some new clothes for Antares:
      [​IMG]Antares by spih_2, on Flickr

10. Omg I love her sweater! So cute :D

11. Is it odd to order clothes for just a head? The etsy shop I bought Estelle's current wig from is doing a sale on a bunch of clothes and they were so cheap that I couldn't help myself ^^" Now I'll have an almost complete outfit with wig for little Leo when I get his body.

I guess Estelle can model/test them when they arrive since it's now looking like I wont have a body for him until around Christmas time.

12. Did you order one from lati?

13. Nope, I was talking about ordering the body with my mother and she said not to yet because she looked at the price on the Doll Peddlar website and said it *could* be a Christmas present from her if I'm lucky. She spends a ton of money on her own dolls so to her it seemed so cheap x_x

14. Ohh I hope they’re still available by then!

15. I hope so too! I've been watching their listings for months now, its so hard to pick between the two versions of the body. I just got Leo's head prepped with a couple layers of Mr. Super Clear today, I've only ever done faceups for girls before so he's going to be a challenge.

16. @spacefallen
      I hope I'm not being too nosy, but how did you and your mother start collecting dolls? It seems something fun to do together!
      I wish I could bring my own mother into the hobby...

17. @Raquel Nicodemo
      Nah you aren't being nosy at all. Basically from what my family has told me, she started collecting soft sculpture Cabbage Patch Kids right around the same time she became pregnant with me. So growing up I was used to the idea of a very large and expensive doll collection. Price wise, an individual soft sculpture Cabbage Patch Kid (hand painted and made of cloth, not plastic like the Mass Market CPKs of the 80s) can cost about the same as a full set resin bjd, so like $600 USD. I was never a *doll* kid growing up but there's pictures of me playing with one of her dolls in particular, which I later found out is one of the rarest she has ^^"

I got interested in bjds as a creative outlet as a preteen, so our collections are very different, but she does get happy when I talk about them with her.

18. First time I've heard of Cabbage Patch Kids. But different countries have different toys :)

Btw, the colour of your Loui event head looks almost orange? I've got my first lati in normal skin recently and was surprised.

19. Haha yes it does look very orange compared to the old normal skin, especially in photos. Trying to hybridize anything in this new color is going to be tricky.