1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the Hobby...SAY WHAT!?

Oct 29, 2009

1. I only thought about stepping out of the hobby once or twice--just because, I still can't get over the idea that I'm in it. I always appreciated BJDs but only got my first doll last week, and I can't get over it. It's so overwhelming. I thought that now would be the only time I could quit because I'm falling in too fast, but I realized, I already am late. I'm not letting go of this.

2. For me it's always slowly floating between almost-no-interest and excessive-interest periods of time, each one lasting around 3-6 month. That's what i noticed for my 5 years in hobby. I don't really care how it goes untill i know that i will turn back to it every time i loose it. I'm always coming back, that's what i know.
      Yes, i thought of leaving the hobby. Only once for all of the time. But I never gave it a serious thought, moreover about selling all of my dolls. It's just... Even if i'll be out of the hobby someday, i'll still keep at least some of my dolls. There's too much effort put in them, too many years they've been around, at least, why selling them at all? Don't know why i would ever need to vanish every evidence of dolls in my life, that's ridiculous to me. They are memories of a good time of my life, of that passion and care i was giving them! And for now as such thoughts warm my heart, i can't think of ever leaving my hobby :3

3. I did fall out of the hobby for a few years a while back, but I didn't sell my doll (I only had the one at the time) or any of his things, I just stopped coming on here and taking pictures because real life got too busy for me. I still used to have him sit on my desk as I worked though. I don't think I'd ever sell my dolls.

4. I have considered leaving the hobby before. I absolutely love my dolls and they give me a lot of comfort and joy. But I have no one to really share them with, and for a long, long time, I spent more time with my dolls than I did with real people because I didn't have any friends. (I don't think they're real or anything, but they give me such extreme comfort.) For a portion of time, looking at my dolls reminded me that I was alone. So that made me want to just pack them all up and sell them.

5. Have you ever known someone who left the hobby and what did you think?
      Not really. I've seen people selling things saying they were leaving, but I didn't know them.

Have you ever thought of leaving the hobby and why?
      No, but that depends on what 'leaving' means there. If it means selling all your dolls and doll related things then never thinking about again, then no. If stop buying dolls, or stop caring but never selling your dolls then I have thought before. I went maybe a year without buying or photographing my dolls. I got upset with people in the hobby and decided I would no be part of it. I love my dolls tho, especially the first 2, so it never crossed my mind ever selling those. Even if I need money, even if I dont do anything with them, those 2 will never be sold.