1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

leaving your dolls

Aug 24, 2019

1. I’m weird. I travel to nyc every week for culinary school. They have a whole duffle where all 4 come with me. Lol

2. I miss my dolls whenever I'm unable to see or interact with them for awhile, I need to always see them and they make me happy

3. I more of a 'casual' doll hobbyist, if that's a thing. I am quite attached to my doll, since I've had him for a long time and made him my own. But I don't miss him when I'm away or when he's in storage (which is sometimes for years at a time). I would be sad if I had to get rid of him altogether, though.

4. I don't go on long vacations but sometimes I do feel as if I should have brought a certain doll depending on where I happen to be. It feels like a missed photo shoot opportunity.
      I do sometimes miss them randomly though.

5. the longest face up waiting time for my dolls was 2 years, so I think I'm ok to leave my dolls with a long time

6. I am self-employed and work from home, but lately I have been getting cabin fever and was allowed to go to work with my hubs and his boss gave me a desk to use etc. Really nice of them all honestly. And I have brought Luna with me a few times. She is small, can curl up quite nicely and as such is easy to bring. Then I bring her a chair and she sits next to me while I work. But it depends if I will miss them or not.

7. I've yet to go on vacation since starting the hobby (am a homebody anyways...) but if I were to leave the dolls at home for a long period of time, I would make sure to box them up or put them somewhere they can't collect dust or have too much exposure. I have cats at home and they'd probably knock the dolls over if I'm gone too long too, so I'd much rather ensure the dolls are safe. I like to think when they're boxed they're just "sleeping", lol. I think I'd feel less bad that way, though I would miss them a bunch!

8. I have a travel doll that I take with me when I go to conventions. The rest of the dolls stay at home. I have one doll who kind of "looks out" for the house, like Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched. I have to say that I don't think about the dolls while I am gone. I know that they would want me to have fun.

9. After getting back into the hobby recently, I've taken to bringing at least one of my crew with me whenever I travel. :XD: Having 1/4 sizes and below definitely help, but I've also taken my Venitu with me to two different countries in the last few months just to see if I could. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be :whee: Right now, the one who follows me everywhere (even if I don't take him out all the time) is my DearMine Bean petdoll. He's so easy to transport and travel-sized that I sometimes even forget that he's in my bag... :sweat